Advance Class Respec

Fergz

Please add an option for advance class respecs to the cartel market. We change our names, or race, and even the way we look but not our advance class and i think we should be allowed.

This suggestion has come up a whole lot of times before and it was always a very mixed discussion.

Without repeating all of it, the grounds are split between "it shouldn't happen ever" and "we should have it now".

For the time being Bioware does seem to stick with just one thing that is said to be a "PERMANENT CHOICE" from the start.

this doesnt work because lets say yer playin WoW and u lvl a Pally and at lvl 80 or 90 or w/e its at now u stop and go oh wait I want a rogue instead let me change my class. A Sorc and a Sin are very different classes with a few shared abilities and even a shared tree. But when u play Madness on them it has a very different feel. And thats cause its not the same class. This should never be done.

It'll come -- in technical terms it's probably a very simple change. Unlike with Faction or Gender changes, the Story flags wouldn't have to change, and Adaptive armor eliminates most of the problems with armor type changes for Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior classess, leaving only mainhand and offhand items as more than a minor inconvenience.

It should, however, have a "cooldown" of at least 30 days, and cost at least as much as a server move, to dissuade casual advanced class switches.

Edited by Ancaglon

This is a good idea. It costs cartel coins, have 30 days or more cooldown. If people wants to change to other advanced class without losing rare boss titles, speeders and pets, thats a really good option. If other people dont want to change, thats ok this wont affect them in a bad way.

[...]If other people dont want to change, thats ok this wont affect them in a bad way.

Can I send my repair bill to you, when I am in a PUG-asation OP with a main tank, who was a healer 10 minutes before and got only healing eq?

This is a good idea. It costs cartel coins, have 30 days or more cooldown. If people wants to change to other advanced class without losing rare boss titles, speeders and pets, thats a really good option. If other people dont want to change, thats ok this wont affect them in a bad way.

Yes, it will.

class changers throws off the balance, creates flavour of the month situations, and gives you very inexperienced players who have no idea how to play a Guardian because they class changed from a commando.

Anyway, your class choice at level 10 is supposed to be meaningful. Not something you can change on a whim.

Edited by Bomyne

I don't personally want it but I'm rather surprised given the existence of the Cartel Market that it isn't already available. They could make a killing off it, and it's not like they have to protect their integrity anymore :p

Yes, it will.

class changers throws off the balance, creates flavour of the month situations, and gives you very inexperienced players who have no idea how to play a Guardian because they class changed from a commando.

Anyway, your class choice at level 10 is supposed to be meaningful. Not something you can change on a whim.

are you trying to be stupid on purpose? advanced class..

• 8 months later...
Your lazy, this is the most creative and reasonable idea for this game.

HOLY NECRO BATMAN!

But I'm mostly going to say no to this. Basically re-roll a new toon.

Because we already have terrible players who don't know how to play their class as is. Letting those people be able to swap classes would just make the problem worse. The whole point of leveling is so your learn how to utilize your skills on the fly. To skip this process is going to hurt your skills.

Now, There can be a way around this. If you at least have a level 45 toon that's a mirror of the class you want to respect to, you can be able to respec. Like if you have a level 45 Sentinel, your qualified to swap your juggernaut to a Marauder. Because by then you should already be good at using that advanced class plus if you play that long you'll be at the point where you don't want to switch anyway.

What I would support however is if we could swap weapons and animations for mirror classes. Like with Gunslinger and Sniper. I'd gladly swap Plasme Probe for Incendiary Grenade.

Its said several times its permanent. It's like in some other game you would change from priest to paladin or something. I hate idea because leveling teaches one how to play his/her class. If he/she then swaps to totally different playstyle he/she may have very high learning curve there. Leveling gives one or two tools at once, so player has enough time to learn how to use them well before introducing next key ability. :o:( Edited by Adaliaya