Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How much longer do heal Mandos/Mercs have to wait!?

Owynyo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he wants 4 second damage evade, more ammo regen, wider range aoe heals, advanced medical probe instant cast while support cell is popped.

Basically, he wants all the people to cry while he hits his face against the keyboard and out heals all the ops/scoundrels.

he wants 4 second damage evade, more ammo regen, wider range aoe heals, advanced medical probe instant cast while support cell is popped.

Basically, he wants all the people to cry while he hits his face against the keyboard and out heals all the ops/scoundrels.

He wants the shield to be 100% uptime, so that they are immune to interupts, and take little damage, he wants no limit to trauma probe, Hold the Line on no cooldown, Bacta Infusion a 1.5 second cooldown. Then he wants to have a level 55 scoundrel, because they're still better even with all of that.

Edited by Luckeyduckey

operative scoundrel hater troll allert :rolleyes:

Patience, padawan. You must wait until at least October for Patch 2.4 (if there are any class changes in that update).

Remember, you are talking about the only class that didn't have an interrupt for almost a year after launch. Suffice to say, it may take a while.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

Sounds good to me. :rolleyes:

Patience, padawan. You must wait until at least October for Patch 2.4 (if there are any class changes in that update).

Remember, you are talking about the only class that didn't have an interrupt for almost a year after launch. Suffice to say, it may take a while.

They're going to nerf us in patch 2.4! Haven't you read the notes?

Apparently Arsenal/gunnery is outperforming, and Merc bodyguard survivability is still too much. Also they're giving combustible gas cylinder 100% chance to proc on railshot but reducing the damage to 10% of what it currently is.

Oh and they're making thermal detanator a stacking damage thing which increases damage the more they are stationary. but if they move it does less damage than explosive dart.

Oh and they're taking away the burnout ability. Apparently pyrotech's have too much killing power.

Oh and they figured out that ranged interrupt on mercs are too powerful so they're taking that away.

Electronet cd is being increased to two minutes.

Bet you all this happens. That's how much faith i have for the developers.

F u c k you devs.

I hope your not serious dude ... They still havent fixed CTRL U x2 yet .. You sir, will be waiting a long long time!

It just surprises me that nobody cares anymore. Seems like every mando/merc has rerolled operative or they just quit.

more ammo regen is an actual issue for me. if I'm going to maintain resource equilibrium, I'm going to do about half the healing as the sage standing next to me. I realize he's aoe, and I'm single target, but that's too much of a discrepancy for two classes that need to predominately cast in order to be effective, imo.

I think better ammo regen is a better place to start than increasing actual heals at a time when healing is already dominate.

Edited by foxmob

Apparently Arsenal/gunnery is outperforming, and Merc bodyguard survivability is still too much. Also they're giving combustible gas cylinder 100% chance to proc on railshot but reducing the damage to 10% of what it currently is.

Oh and they're making thermal detanator a stacking damage thing which increases damage the more they are stationary. but if they move it does less damage than explosive dart.

Oh and they're taking away the burnout ability. Apparently pyrotech's have too much killing power.

Oh and they figured out that ranged interrupt on mercs are too powerful so they're taking that away.

F u c k you devs.

As much as I want to say it won't happen, I'm way too cynical to disagree with you. So this is what I think will happen to the AC in 2.4:

- The Commando and Mercenary advanced classes have been removed from the game. Players with a Commando and/or Mercenary character may pay a one-time low price of 1,000 Cartel Coins to change to an advanced class of their choosing.

OR

- When a Commando or Mercenary sustains damage, this sound effect will play.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

The only thing they need is better resource management. They are still the best single target healers in the game and are a pain to kill when played properly. Their biggest downfall is that they can run their ammo dry while the other two classes have ways to heal forever. The useless frontline medic skill should be replaced with one that recovers X ammo every time a hammer shot heal crits.

The only thing they need is better resource management. They are still the best single target healers in the game and are a pain to kill when played properly. Their biggest downfall is that they can run their ammo dry while the other two classes have ways to heal forever. The useless frontline medic skill should be replaced with one that recovers X ammo every time a hammer shot heal crits.

ammo regen on hammer shot would be nice. mos annoying thing is when you'r on hard spot with ammo and have to heal your self... ofc in FPs it shouldn't happen and on WZ you place kolto shell on your self peroid.

on other hand, in most flashpoints when I see that dps ignore adds or tank having problems with aoe threat, you just place kolto shell on your self.. wouldn't call that a fix, but better then nothing....

F u c k you devs.

lol I hope you're not serious. what are they going to do to snipers? make entrench drop a trax platform that lets them roll around like tanks? 1.5m is a perfect cd for electronet. I really hope that you're kidding. I see with cgc that you must be joking because that already has a 100% up time? :(

Pyro PTs back to 1.1 and Merc heals back to 1.1 game fixed.

I think you still need the 6s proc cd on rail that was instituted later (1.2?). and I don't have a problem with keeping pyro pt abils at 10m (the nades/stuns) if they get their single target burst back.

F u c k you devs.

lol. Prob a true statement. I hit /played on my mando and I want to jump off a cliff. I feel like we have offered so many reasonable fixes for the devs that have been completely ignored they must be looking exclusively at pve numbers and worried any buffs to the class will throw off the pve balance or something.

At this point even if they buff us in 2.4, I probably won't be happy unless a dev actually responds with an explanation of what/why all this was ignored for so long.

The first patch note I want to see should read: HTL finishes the cooldown on tech override. Second note should include: Combat medic will be able to spec into HTL finishing the cooldown on recharge cells as well. Class fixed.

Your welcome, BW.

The first patch note I want to see should read: HTL finishes the cooldown on tech override. Second note should include: Combat medic will be able to spec into HTL finishing the cooldown on recharge cells as well. Class fixed.

Your welcome, BW.

I was thinking something similar to this but I thought that might be a little to simple. A lot of people complain that Scoundrel energy management is to simple and this along the same lines. HTL is on such a short CD there is no disadvantage to keeping it on the whole time to keep ammo up. I would prefer that SCC is changed to increase ammo regen or have an ammo refund added to it, more than just the 8 ammo for using it.

However overall I don't think there is anything wrong with Merc/Mando healing, the other classes are just so strong it makes them seem weak. If Commandos were made just as strong I don't think anyone would die in a WZ.

I think most/all of the tools are in place for Commando healing, but that they need to be adjusted some.

SCC should be increased regen instead of flat gain + ammo amount. In PvP we use SCC when we need burst healing more than for the ammo regen part, so when we pop it when we are already high in ammo the resource management aspect of it goes to waste. Another big problem with SCC is that it is very hard to to build stacks when we are under pressure. We can't use Hammer Shots on ourselves and try getting off 5 Medical Probes to build 30 stacks with 2 or 3 DPS on you. At the moment it is too hard to build stacks to use our core essential healing ability while under pressure.

Taking damage could reduce the CD on Tech Override. Two minutes is a very long CD for Tech Override, and if taking damage reduced it's CD then we would be able to heal better under stress. We still wouldn't be as good as Scoundrels or Sage healers with their instant cast Bubbles/Hots/Emergency Medpac, but at least we would be able to rely on one more instant cast heal while moving with some consistency. More instant cast medical probes also means that we can build stacks slightly easier under pressure.

Also, the other two healing classes have anti-focus abilties. Sage immune bubble and Op Vanish. It would be cool to see something like an talent high in the healing tree that changes Diversion to allow the Commando to immediately drop target and become un-targetable for 1.5 seconds. The commando would still be able to be hit with AOE, but it would break up Focus Fire briefly.

Edited by DimeStax

However overall I don't think there is anything wrong with Merc/Mando healing, the other classes are just so strong it makes them seem weak. If Commandos were made just as strong I don't think anyone would die in a WZ.

Mathrim, are we being trolled?! I can't tell anymore. Let me be clear: Mando/mercs suck. Like the WNBA. Now you come trolling along and say, the WNBA doesn't really suck, it's more so that the NBA is better in comparison.... Ok. you win. I don't care if you shoot the NBA players in the leg (aka nerf the other healing classes) or give the WNBA players steroids (aka buff mando/mercs), all we're saying is that it isn't an equal playing field by far.

Then you said if mando's were made stronger no one would die... How about: if mando's were made stronger, we might be able to insert them into RWZ's, then we could actually start evaluating what they could do, healing-wise. People die in RWZs now, and the mando/merc healer is nonexistent, so buffing them will not eliminate the ability to kill. In fact, it will make it slightly easier if we take the place of sages. The reason is sages cast bubbles, which prevent damage. Commandos and scoundrels cast healing and hots onto players who have already sustained damage to gain health back. This is a drastically different approach. When you first run into a wz and everyone is bubbled up, the health bars don't move. The health bars would move much quicker out the gate without the sage healer. Go back under you bridge, sir.

All I really want from my Mando, who was my first class and I haven't touched him since a week after 2.0 when I got him to lvl 52, is for Trauma Probe to be placed on ALL group members. Sorcs/Sages have Bubbles, Scouperatives have Kolto Probe/Pack, but we can only throw our HoT on 1 person, usually ourselves to help keep us in there for 5 more seconds. It stays on them for 5 minutes which could REALLY help us out. Even with being able to spread it around, we still wouldn't out heal the other 2 classes, but it would be a start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.