Voidstar exploit

MasterofChaos

In Voidstar, I found a new way to cheat the warzone system to get ahead in objectives. At the bridge sequence, if a defending player stands on the edge of the platform between both bridges on defending spawn point side, an enemy player on the other side who has a charge ability can jump across without needing to activate the bridge first. Please prevent this from being possible, thanks.

He can charge across, but he cant plant the bomb until the bridge is down. So its not really getting ahead. And considering he'd generally be there on his own with the enemy, I'd say he would die pretty fast.

That's what I do; as a Defender, I switch to Soresu on my Juggernaut, and wait for an unlucky opponent to run too close to the edge so that I can Force Charge across to perpetuate the closed bridge. Or Intercede on a friendly player. When I play in group with friends, e.g. a healer, I always have someone by that edge so that I can keep on jumping back. It's a clever use of how the system and map was made, not an exploit. Really sick and tired of people labeling everything an exploit these days when they're clearly not.

That's what I do; as a Defender, I switch to Soresu on my Juggernaut, and wait for an unlucky opponent to run too close to the edge so that I can Force Charge across to perpetuate the closed bridge. Or Intercede on a friendly player. When I play in group with friends, e.g. a healer, I always have someone by that edge so that I can keep on jumping back. It's a clever use of how the system and map was made, not an exploit. Really sick and tired of people labeling everything an exploit these days when they're clearly not.

Not a bad set up. Now I wonder if I can set my GS at the edge and have LOS to AOE the bridge terminals while being there for an intercede. Course; I'd be asking to be pushed off so gotta have hunker down/entrench ready.

This has been around since the start. It's not as easy as it sounds. In order to cross the enemy/friendly has to be right on the edge basically. Sure it's handy in premades with voice chat but in PUG's you'll basically never get to do it.

There is a general rule of thumb for this. If you die while defending and are waiting for the bridge to come up, don't stand right on the freaking ledge. The same goes for attackers, don't stand on the ledge either. You will be putting yourself in a position to be knocked off or have a defender leap to you and help back on defense.

Don't stand near ledges people.

In Voidstar, I found a new way to cheat the warzone system to get ahead in objectives. At the bridge sequence, if a defending player stands on the edge of the platform between both bridges on defending spawn point side, an enemy player on the other side who has a charge ability can jump across without needing to activate the bridge first. Please prevent this from being possible, thanks.

Not sure if OP is troll or idiot.

Not sure if OP is troll or idiot.

I think just idiot. The only exploit here is an exploit of people's stupidity, which is perfectly fine. I mean, how much effort does it take not to stand in a specific spot?

I think just idiot. The only exploit here is an exploit of people's stupidity, which is perfectly fine. I mean, how much effort does it take not to stand in a specific spot?

Indeed. I would even go as far to say that you almost have to purposefully go there. There isn't much reason to be there otherwise, outside of trying to leap across your self, or set one up.

Although I haven't seen this specifically (an attacker jumping to the other side) I can see how it could happen. I have seen on a couple of occasions where a Guardian who has died and ended up on the opposite side of the bridge will instruct any teammate who's defending the bridge terminals to go to the edge so they can "friendly leap" back across. I've also seen where a Sage alive on the terminal side will pull a teammate back across from the other side also. In either case, there is a window of opportunity for an attacker to get to that guy standing on the edge first. Seems like a risk to either side that they must weigh. Therefore, to Cycao's point, the only reason a person might be standing on the edge on the defender side is that they are likely waiting for one of the above opportunities and they are perched on the edge intentionally. That might work out well for them, or it could turn out badly as in the OP's scenario, but that's the risk they're taking. Just one of those situations where the defender could wind up either a Hero or a Zero. LOL. Edited by BoushhDC

Like standing on the edge at the goal line in huttball.

To the OP it has been that easy since beta definitely not NEW. I've used it and been able to plant a bomb. Also used it to defend to stop people from dropping the bridges. The gap is large enough that you don't have to offer it to them.

There is a general rule of thumb for this. If you die while defending and are waiting for the bridge to come up, don't stand right on the freaking ledge. The same goes for attackers, don't stand on the ledge either. You will be putting yourself in a position to be knocked off or have a defender leap to you and help back on defense.

Don't stand near ledges people.

While we are at it don't grab any of the buffs until the bridge is down. It really grinds my gears when people do this.

that may be, but if a team has bunch players with the charge ability, it can cause issues, assuming if they're skilled players. Nonetheless, this issue should be prevented.

Workaround; Move away from the edge. There's no real tactical benefit to standing there. I usually wait on the ledge below the respawn or the middle platform to see which bridge goes down first and go where I'm needed.