The Jedi are taking over!

Ayelinna

Well you can quote this as well.

I believe in my opinion purchasing things instantly off the cartel market that would otherwise take a lot of in game time for other people to obtain is utter laziness.

And that is against forum rules. You are posting an inflammatory comment meant to directly draw response. it is the very definition of trolling.

Are you under some sort of delusion that calling players that purchase items from the market "lazy" is not inflammatory? Do you really believe this comment would not be offensive to some folks?

That is an opinion that you are REQUIRED to keep to yourself. You are not allowed to insult others no matter how much you may disrespect them.

Period.

Edited by LordArtemis

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can quote this as well.

I believe in my opinion purchasing things instantly off the cartel market that would otherwise take a lot of in game time for other people to obtain is utter laziness.

But isn't playing a game sitting at the computer reclining on some desk chair also called laziness? In my opinion, anyone who would spend hundreds of hours at a computer desk is lazy. Just saying. :rak_03:

Hard work is going outside getting sweaty and working towards something not sitting at a cpu screen :)

Your response to someone saying "It's called casual play". That is a direct insult to a a group of players.

One day a person may decide to play hardcore, the next they may decide to play casual. What group to they fall in to? Am I insulting them? Or am I half insulting them?

Because its a play style. People change their playstyles all the time. I am in not way insulting a particular group of people. I am infact insulting a playstyle if you must know :) Playstyles and "group of players" are two different things.

You can split hairs if you like, but you can neither make inflammatory statements (trolling), nor can you directly insult players. You did both here, very clear violations of the forum rules.

No I didnt. See above response for more details. :)

Nice try.

Edited by Ayelinna

But isn't playing a game sitting at the computer reclining on some desk chair also called laziness? In my opinion, anyone who would spend hundreds of hours at a computer desk is lazy. Just saying. :rak_03:

Hard work is going outside getting sweaty and working towards something not sitting at a cpu screen :)

Well, thats your opinion :) And I 100% approve for people to have the right to voice your own opinion whether people agree with you or not :)

Edited by Ayelinna

No I didnt. See above response for more details. :)

Nice try.

I see. Perhaps then we will let Bioware decide.

Your not helping your credibility or your contentions with this kind of behavior Ayelinna.

Edited by LordArtemis

They need to put a legacy 40 requirement on it no matter how anyone purchases it.

I dont mind that they are making it a ailable for cc's but it does irritate me that there is a level legacy 40 restriction for in game credit users but not for the cc buyers. If they are gonna dismiss the legacy requirement for the cc buyers then they should do the same for the in game credit buyers.

And im legacy level 50 btw.

I will have to spend time earning credits and getting to level 40 legacy in game.

I thought that was the way you wanted to do it.

If it wasn't, and you actually wanted to buy Treek outright on the CM, but cannot do so for whatever reason is, in fact, no one else's fault but your own.

Not ours, not Bioware's ...yours.

We are not responsible for your personal life.

I see. Perhaps then we will let Bioware decide.

Your not helping your credibility or your contentions with this kind of behavior Ayelinna.

You're not helping either since you're going Off Topic and diverting from the discussion of the topic. :) I guess we're just as bad as each other.

One day a person may decide to play hardcore, the next they may decide to play casual. What group to they fall in to? Am I insulting them? Or am I half insulting them?

Because its a play style. People change their playstyles all the time. I am in not way insulting a particular group of people. I am infact insulting a playstyle if you must know :) Playstyles and "group of players" are two different things.

Perhaps this is just me, but you did saying that a playstyle is lazy, and that to me is also saying that anyone who follows such a playstyle is lazy. The fact that one can change their playstyle has little to do with it.

Edited by Cyberwoman

I thought that was the way you wanted to do it.

If it wasn't, and you actually wanted to buy Treek outright on the CM, but cannot do so for whatever reason is, in fact, no one else's fault but your own.

Not ours, not Bioware's ...yours.

We are not responsible for your personal life.

For some people, thats the ONLY way they can do it, while the rich kids get it instantly, and thats not fair on the "poor" kids.

Edited by Ayelinna

From my understanding and what I gathered from reading the threads and some of the responses and looking back to what they have done since the market has been here it looks like they always intended for the Ewok to also be a cartel market choice.

Just my opinion.

We need to learn and respect each other's way of play. Whether or not it is something you like each person has a different way of playing. Just as there are different things for people to enjoy, RP, PVE, PVP this is just one more way of having different things for different people.

I don't always like the idea of everything in the Cartel Shop but some things are not worth the hassle of arguing over especially if it doesn't effect the way I play. I really don't pay attention to what someone else has or doesn't have.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

From my understanding and what I gathered from reading the threads and some of the responses and looking back to what they have done since the market has been here it looks like they always intended for the Ewok to also be a cartel market choice.

Just my opinion.

We already knew it would be purchasable by CC, but we didnt know about the legacy requirements.

I would personally prefer it if Treek was available not via the CM or legacy rewards, but through a long story quest. As she is not, I think that the options are fair enough. Come to think of it, I dont see why a legacy level should even be attached to her at all. Why not make it a simple choice of credits or coins? Edited by Cyberwoman

Not everyone has time to grind through this game & spend so much time on it that they have 40 Legacy & the Credits requirement. But for someone with an extra couple of bucks, they can get Treek with Cartel Coins. What's the big deal?

Because now it means nothing to show off your new companion. The value of the companion has degraded knowing people can buy it instantly.

You're not helping either since you're going Off Topic and diverting from the discussion of the topic. :) I guess we're just as bad as each other.

All I can say is fair enough and leave it at that. Your opinion is important, I hope you see the error in your behavior and adjust it accordingly so people can not simply dismiss that opinion out of hand.

I may not agree with you, but I think all opinions should be heard....as long as we remain within the forum rules.

Because now it means nothing to show off your new companion. The value of the companion has degraded knowing people can buy it instantly.

So the only reason you want this companion is to show her off?

I never see the point in things like that. You should just have out what companions you like, same with armor and titles. Personally speaking, I am much more interested in Treek's story and character, hence why I would have prefer a more story orientated way of getting her.

Edited by Cyberwoman

Here's another analogy for ya, so you are working towards a new vehicle, let's say a Lexus, and you work overtime to get it, after a year or so you finally afford to pay the down payment and set up monthly allotments to pay it off, while you're driving around your new lexus, you notice your rich boss driving the same vehicle you are. You learn that he just bought it impress a girl he was dating, and took no effort what would you do? Complain and yell how it's unfair or will you keep calm and carry on the plan of the day knowing you put in the extra effort meaning that it means something to you.

But is the point of Treek to be brandished like a trophy? Or is she there to help you as a Companion? Perhaps it's both. But all in all, the CM alternative for her is not going away.

However!

There is a Credits\CC price for unlocking HK, but that is AFTER you unlock him the first time through a legit story. Like posted before by some others, I think it would be kool to base Treek off of the same concept. You ~must get her once by doing a story, no legacy requirement or anything. But after that, to unlock her on alts, the Credits + Legacy or CC price kicks in.

That, Ayelinna, is all in your mind.

Is that really what this is about?

For some people, thats the ONLY way they can do it, while the rich kids get it instantly, and thats not fair on the "poor" kids.

Ya know, I don't think i need to go any further with this line of questioning.

/case

The original poster must be young and not have much of a real life or a job that doesn't require hard work. But for some, such as myself, I have a family and a real world job that take 99% of my time. Plus my real world hard work pays me good money to have disposable cash. Thus, I plan to buy the little ewok and enjoy my time playing with her as a companion vs. grinding to get her.

That my opinion and it is just as valid as anyone else that plays a game

Edited by druxxus

With this offer in CM, there is now literally no reason why they shouldn't sell consumables that insta lvl char to 55. After all, it's just QoL as some people would say, or not? :)

Actually this is very different. Treek is an optional companion who offers no real advantage over any other. By skipping the leveling progress, you miss out on gear, learning how to play/master your class and most importantly, all of the story content.

Edited by Cyberwoman