BC PVP 2.2 and Beyond Records

AntonMercer

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liscil cannot be used as a valid argument as his posting values are DIFFERENT and that is why he has two spots, plus the previous owner had no problem with it and neither do I.

This is why I am asking you, the community, if you want the change or not.

Change it. Someone does 1,000,000 protection, and then does it again, they only get 1 record. But, if he had done 999,999 the second time, he'd get on the board twice? Seems rather silly.

At the very least, write an x2, x3,... behind their name denoting the number of times they accomplished it.

Edited by gocard

It is different because you are a different person. The records thread was designed to show accomplishments of DIFFERENT people (mpo). To put up a record of the same exact number done by the same person is redundant (again mpo) and kinda looks weird. I mean picture a healing done or and per second record of the exact same number by the same person done three times. This means they hold all three spots with the exact same number, albeit different warzones? I might as well fill in all the empty records we have with the lowest record spot to make it look full, but that's plain dumb. Same reasoning with ties on your own record. I want as many different ppl on here as possible, but I'm not going to fill spots so they look full. If more people voice that his record should be put in the I will reverse my decision, but for now I'm going to leave it off.

I feel that a pvp leaderboard should be for people with the top numbers, by saying that you want as many different people on the broad tells me that this will not be a competitive board, as you are more concerned about getting different people up instead of quality numbers. This was thoroughly discussed in the previous thread, and I do not want to discus this again. But I wish you guys luck here as I will probably not be posting here again.

RE: tied scores

If someone beats one of them, they beat them both so why clutter two slots with them. With the licsil thing it's possible someone might beat the lower score but not the higher, whereas with a tied score, beating one beats them both.

I should be able to hold all 3 spots even if they are the same number and the tiebreaker should be applied to the order. It doesn't make any sense the way you want to do it Anton, If I get two 12,000 hits I can't have 2 spots but if I get 12,000 and 11,999 then I can? Just keep it the way that Scyn and Herroh-Kitteh had it please.

I can also repost my screenshot of the match as well, since I did break the 3rd record for DPS on my operative Leiji. It also doesn't have a date though, so it's up to you OP.

Go ahead and post it. If its the same exact screen and numbers I will allow it as it backs each other up.

Change it. Someone does 1,000,000 protection, and then does it again, they only get 1 record. But, if he had done 999,999 the second time, he'd get on the board twice? Seems rather silly.

At the very least, write an x2, x3,... behind their name denoting the number of times they accomplished it.

Your post eludes to benchmarking and not taking the actual whole number into account. If we did this, we would not be able to tell who is actually in a placement becase several ppl would be over a mill, 700k, etc.

I should be able to hold all 3 spots even if they are the same number and the tiebreaker should be applied to the order. It doesn't make any sense the way you want to do it Anton, If I get two 12,000 hits I can't have 2 spots but if I get 12,000 and 11,999 then I can? Just keep it the way that Scyn and Herroh-Kitteh had it please.

^^ This is why I posed the question. Some ppl, like the above, above, want it changed while some want to have it stay the same. Also Scyn and Herro actually had different views on it. Scyn was a 1 character per category and Herro was free for all.

I feel that a pvp leaderboard should be for people with the top numbers, by saying that you want as many different people on the broad tells me that this will not be a competitive board, as you are more concerned about getting different people up instead of quality numbers. This was thoroughly discussed in the previous thread, and I do not want to discus this again. But I wish you guys luck here as I will probably not be posting here again.

I never said anything about not having quality numbers. Having more people means there are more quality numbers coming in. I've looked at several PVP records thread and have yet to see one where the same character held more the one spot with the exact same number. Different characters are ok, different numbers by the same character are ok, and if you didn't continue to read past that first post I did not realize it was a different character and have since gave you the two spots. I never want to force anyone to post in this thread if they do not want to, but if you are not going to post anymore because a person has a difference of opinion, which he noted was just his, but is still trying to please the gen pop , then... idk...

Edited by AntonMercer

Go ahead and post it. If its the same exact screen and numbers I will allow it as it backs each other up.

Alrighty then, here's my post:

Name: Leiji

Screenshot Link: http://i40.tinypic.com/qzkkt1.jpg

Record Broken: 3rd place for Highest Damage in a Single WZ

Value: 1,045,754

Type of Match: Ranked

Date of SS taken: 7/18/2013

Operative Lethality ftw! :D

EDIT: As for the discussion at hand, I personally would think it would be fair for someone to hold all three record spots in a section with the same number provided that the same person hit the same stat in three different WZs.

I mean think about it. If it is allowed for someone to hold three different spots on the leaderboard with three different numbers, why shouldn't it be allowed for someone to hold three spots on the leaderboards with the same number if there is proof he/she hit that mark in three separate WZs? It is already allowed to tie the highest number (IE, the medal count in Unranked), so why can't you be allowed to tie yourself if you hit the same mark again? This thread is about records and impressive numbers in WZs, and honestly, if we were going to go about making sure that different people manage to make it onto the leaderboard as you stated above, then we should split the board up based on advanced class.

No one can touch the damage snipers and smashers do as say, a powertech, as the top damage capability for those two classes are naturally better than what any other class can produce. So if we are trying to give everyone a chance to make it onto the leaderboard, then why are the specific sections not AC separated? It's like the argument for keeping healers out of most kills in a match; there are going to be specs and classes better designed for the leaderboard sections, meaning there are separate classes/specs that will claim a leaderboard while some can't compete in ANY of the categories.

If you are going for the fair approach, then you should deny players from posting multiple records in the same category as well. Because in the end, you still have a difference:

Player different, number different, WZ different = Ok

Player same, number different, WZ different = Ok

Player same, number same, WZ different = Not Ok?

There is still a difference there, so it's not like we are flooding the records list with the same instance it happened at. The only time it shouldn't be allowed is if all three categories are "Same".

Edited by ZooMzy

The character name for these two records is Juan'pablo, if that wasn't obvious from his screenshot.

New Ranked Records

Ranked HPS: 1804.26

Ranked Highest Healing Single Hit: 7987

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/475090/module_gallery/original/1359151.jpg

I also have a few submissions for the Ranked category:

Name: Roisinn

Screenshot Link: http://imgur.com/TH533C5

Record Broken (Ex. DPS #2): Highest Healing in a Single Hit #1

Value(Ex: 1532.52 DPS): 8622

Type of Match (Ranked, Unranked, Challenge): Ranked

Date of SS taken: 07-20-13

Record Broken (Ex. DPS #2): Highest Healing Per Second #2

Value(Ex: 1532.52 DPS): 1532.56

Screenshot Link: http://imgur.com/TH533C5 (I have a separate screenshot of this if needed)

Record Broken (Ex. DPS #2): Most Kills in a Single Warzone

Value(Ex: 1532.52 DPS): 39

The character name for these two records is Juan'pablo, if that wasn't obvious from his screenshot.

I also have a few submissions for the Ranked category:

Record Broken (Ex. DPS #2): Highest Healing in a Single Hit #1

Value(Ex: 1532.52 DPS): 8622

Record Broken (Ex. DPS #2): Highest Healing Per Second #2

Value(Ex: 1532.52 DPS): 1532.56

Screenshot Link: http://imgur.com/TH533C5 (I have a separate screenshot of this if needed)

Record Broken (Ex. DPS #2): Most Kills in a Single Warzone

Value(Ex: 1532.52 DPS): 39

Thanks... I was really tired when I posted those but I have gone back and edited my post to be in the proper format :D

I'd like to weigh in on this if it's ok as I'm a bit confused why there's an argument to begin with. XD If you tie yourself, what's the point of posting it? You already proved you can hit the number and that's what the leaderboard is for, isn't it? It's to show who can hit the highest numbers, not who can hold the most places.

If you had 19 killing blows and then you get 20, the 19 should be removed because you just hit 20. Hitting 20 makes it rather obvious you can also hit 19, 18, etc. And if you hit 20 again, then... good! But it shouldn't count as another spot unless it's a different toon. With a different toon it helps display the skill of the player behind the class mechanics and roles. Although mirror class toons are pretty redundant, I wouldn't get that nit-picky about it.

That's just my six pence on the matter and as I'm not even on any of the spots, you can totally dismiss it if you wish. Perhaps we just all have different ideas of what a leaderboard should be. D:

Oh and Zu, I agree that the class specific way would be best but I think that'd be way too much to handle not to mention it'd be too much info to want to read through imo. Plus it's kind of awesome when/if an "underdog" class can take a higher number. I know I've seen Chex pull some amazing healing with that merc. o_o

EDIT: Lastly, that killing blows example wasn't meant to be calling you out in any way Thorazine, in case that's how it reads. It's just an easy example to use as it seems to have sparked the conversation.

Edited by SimplyKupo

Name: Kirov

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/4ONdelm.jpg

Record Broken: Most Killing Blows in a Warzone

Value: 21

Type of Match : Unranked

Date of SS taken: 7/19/2013

Name: Wolfbane

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/agGaOBD.jpg

Record Broken: 3rd for Most Medals in a Warzone

Value: 22

Date of SS taken: 7/18/2013

Name: Wolfbane*

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/fHTfGE1.jpg

Record Broken:2nd Most Protection in a Single Life

Value: 581127

Date of SS taken: 7/14/2013

*Forgot to put the date on this one and saw a post before that was getting backed by vouchers. I can get people in this wz to vouch for me that this was a recent match on this date.

Also, the killing blows needs to be advertised more, pretty sure people have over 30+ killing blows in a warzone, but no one is really posting for the record.

My two cents, I agree with the majority of the posters. If Liscil (or whoever) has multiple numbers that are a record, he/she/it deserves to have multiple record spots. I'm constantly sitting behind Liscil's numbers and I'm okay with that and it gives me more motivation to try to break his records. This shouldn't be a thread where everyone is rewarded for being a tank, healer or dps (even though this would only be top 3). If you want to be on the record, knock MY 3rd place record off, don't ask for 2nd place to be removed because it's the same guy.

You can look at posting multiple stats one of two ways.

First, they can be tracked like sports statistics. In this case home runs hit in a season. The top six entries on the list are as follows;

Bonds - 73

McGwire - 70

Sosa - 66

McGwire - 65

Sosa - 64

Sosa - 63

The same player can be on the list multiple times because each total is from a different season. Even if the total is the same number it is still listed (as is Griffey Jr.'s who has hit 56 home runs in two separate seasons). This point of view supports the listing of one players scores from different matches even if it means that they take up every spot on the list. This approach supports having the same player's different scores posted in each top spot if they are still the highest scores submitted.

The second way of looking at this is that the leader boards are here to highlight the best PvP players on the server. If one player is already holding a top spot is it necessary that they hold all of them? It is clear that this player is able to post high numbers by the highest number they have managed. It could be argued that only allowing one entry for each player will allow other players to be ranked as the second or third highest individual on these leader boards and get them recognition as well for their effort and skill. It doesn't take away from what the number one player has accomplished and includes more players on the leader boards.

Just a thought. Both ideas have merits and justifications. My personal opinion would be to go with the second option. I don't feel the person is the number one spot loses any respect from the community because only the top score submitted are counted for the leader boards.

Got into a match with 23 killing blows but the damn print screen button failed >:0

Anyway, wanted to update my number here for the spot for Most Medals in a Single WZ (Unranked):

Name: Zuhara

Screenshot Link: http://files-cloud.enjin.com/475090/module_gallery/full/1361134.jpg

Record Broken: Number 1 Spot for Most Medals Earned in a Single WZ

Value: 24

Type of Match: Unranked

Date of SS taken: 7/21/2013

Got into a match with 23 killing blows but the damn print screen button failed >:0

Anyway, wanted to update my number here for the spot for Most Medals in a Single WZ (Unranked):

Name: Zuhara

Screenshot Link: http://files-cloud.enjin.com/475090/module_gallery/full/1361134.jpg

Record Broken: Number 1 Spot for Most Medals Earned in a Single WZ

Value: 24

Type of Match: Unranked

Date of SS taken: 7/21/2013

Yeah Zu the print screen button for SWTOR is terrible, I've lost out on many records due to it. I personally am going to start Fraps shotting it instead as I'm sick of losing my better records.

Name: Wolfbane*

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/fHTfGE1.jpg

Record Broken:2nd Most Protection in a Single Life

Value: 581127

Date of SS taken: 7/14/2013

*Forgot to put the date on this one and saw a post before that was getting backed by vouchers. I can get people in this wz to vouch for me that this was a recent match on this date.

Also, the killing blows needs to be advertised more, pretty sure people have over 30+ killing blows in a warzone, but no one is really posting for the record.

Yeah I would require you to get someone to post a SS that matches yours in order for you to get credit just like Zu did for itoa, and I agree that KBs need to be advertised more. As such, This will be the last week ppl can post for the 1st challenge! Come on ppl 75k up for grabs per category! The next challenge will be a KB challenge so stay tuned for that!. All records have been updated to reflect current posts. If anything is amiss please let me know.

Now.. concerning the discussion we have been having. I believe I came up with a compromise and will make a new post about it after I fix the code and rules to reflect it.

Edited by AntonMercer

3) To keep a standard median we will use all in-game statistics - This includes DPS, I understand you can calculate it however the game for some reason has its own set of equations and conditions so to make everything standard we will follow the built in counter.

ADDENDUM 1
: Same character postings are allowed, BUT there is a restriction. Same character records can hold up to 3 ranks(in any order and number) as a
maximum
. See the revised
NOTE
under Tie-Breakers for rule on same character ties.

4) Screenshots must be of max level pvp (Sub-Bracket does not qualify)

ADDENDUM 1
: If you forget to put the phrase or date in the screenshot; please have someone else who was in the same warzone in which you are trying to claim a record post their SS. It will
not
be accepted if
YOU
post someone else's SS to validate your own SS.

Tie-Breakers:

1. Deaths

2. Kills

3. Damage Done/Healing Done

NOTE: In accordance with the new rule, all ties involving the same character will be defaulted to the rank below the tie record, and any ties after 3 rank places with follow tiebreaker rules and replace the original if it wins.

Ok... So I believe I came up with a solution that most people can agree to, and if you do not... then I am sorry you feel that way.

Going down the list I quote. The first thing is about same character records and the like. Going forward Same character records will be continued to be allowed, BUT only to a maximum of THREE. To combat that and to allow even more people to have spots, I have increased the ranks to 5 so even if one character has 3 spots two more ppl can still have a record spot. This not only shows players who can get results multiple times, but also allows more players to post records even when 3 spots are take up.

Moving on to the SS. All I did was add in, in the event of not having a date or phrase in the chat box, rather simple.

Now, in the case of a SAME CHARACTER TIE. The tie will automatically default to the rank below(this saves me time, plus I still believe this is redundant, but we all make compromises) if it knocks someone's record lower or completely off, oh well. IF the player in question already has three ranks in the category THEN Tiebreaker rules apply and if the new record wins in any of the TB categories it will REPLACE the original record. This is just to show that "Oh wow he did it again, but with less deaths, more damage, etc." I may also use asterisks (*) to denote how many times the person has posted a tied record, but it would not mean ro beat the record u would have to post that many times. Obviously if it is a DIFFERENT character the TB rules will apply right away whether or not it is an alt of the original record owner.

Now I am still open to discuss, but I feel this is the best way to move forward, and I hope most of our PVP community can be happy with this. I did, also, consider going the advance class route, but I believe someone else said that would be way to much to do and read, and I agree with that statement.

Since this is a new direction for the thread ALL RECORDS WILL BE WIPED!

... Just kidding, but any records that were bumped off when I updated this morning before adding the ranks will not be put back on.

Going down the list I quote. The first thing is about same character records and the like. Going forward Same character records will be continued to be allowed, BUT only to a maximum of THREE. To combat that and to allow even more people to have spots, I have increased the ranks to 5 so even if one character has 3 spots two more ppl can still have a record spot. This not only shows players who can get results multiple times, but also allows more players to post records even when 3 spots are take up.

Moving on to the SS. All I did was add in, in the event of not having a date or phrase in the chat box, rather simple.

Now, in the case of a SAME CHARACTER TIE. The tie will automatically default to the rank below(this saves me time, plus I still believe this is redundant, but we all make compromises) if it knocks someone's record lower or completely off, oh well. IF the player in question already has three ranks in the category THEN Tiebreaker rules apply and if the new record wins in any of the TB categories it will REPLACE the original record. This is just to show that "Oh wow he did it again, but with less deaths, more damage, etc." I may also use asterisks (*) to denote how many times the person has posted a tied record, but it would not mean ro beat the record u would have to post that many times. Obviously if it is a DIFFERENT character the TB rules will apply right away whether or not it is an alt of the original record owner.

Now I am still open to discuss, but I feel this is the best way to move forward, and I hope most of our PVP community can be happy with this. I did, also, consider going the advance class route, but I believe someone else said that would be way to much to do and read, and I agree with that statement.

I actually agree with this idea, as it seems like the best compromise. The original top record of the person is updated if it's better without taking another spot (IE, no deaths, more DPS) and if it's lower than the original in a tie, it will knock off another person's record on the board where the top 5 are now taken to a max of three spots being held by one person. That's basically how I see the new system, so please correct me if that isn't how it works :)

As for the split for advanced classes, that's perfectly fine. But I want to make sure we clear up the idea that I was possibly encouraging it as a solution, because I actually wasn't. I was using it more in the argument as a "Well, if you're going to fair and deny top records or how many/what categories people can go into, then you should also be even more fair by separation between ACs".

The amount of time and effort would be strenuous, I agree, and I doubt we'd even get a full category in the boards if the records were split like that. So no worries, I never was really pushing for it too much anyway in here :D

Edited by ZooMzy

Hmmm, that DOES seem to be a good compromise. O_O Nice job crazy pants.

And no Zu... NO! YOU WANTED IT THAT WAY!!! You and your cute little baby tank DEMANDED it actually. I saw it. =p We all did.

<_<

Demanding implies that I did not get my way. If I had demanded it to be so, it would be so. Because I am Zu, and I can not be denied.

And my tank commands respect. You will kneel before the true power of the pew pew.