BC PVP 2.2 and Beyond Records

AntonMercer

I think because of all the kickball ranked we have been doing our records list should just be combined. Ranked records are supposed to be lower numbers and harder to get as the opposing team has gear and skill, but on the B.C. most of our ranked is now kickball which defeats the purpose of having a ranked record section.

Either only count records with guild ranked matches or just combined the lists.

Then how is that fair? It's like the arguments against having healers go for the Most Kills section or the Most DPS in a WZ for Smashers, where both are naturally better suited at pulling off high numbers than any other class respectively (All three DPS records are held by smashers, and healers can easily rack up kills to take the kills list).

If you going to argue for that concept of guild ranked only being the case for posting records, then the OP should also refuse to allow healers to go for kill numbers records and smashers to go for DPS numbers. I find it amusing that you posted that bolded section above, because when has that ever been the situation? Just because the guild's playing ranked against each other before have always been nearly even competing teams? Records are just that: records. They are supposed to be fluid, meaning that if they were played by an entire server of competition in PvP, then they would be broken by the continuous game of escalation. So to say that in one que, numbers are supposed to be low, is just flat out ignorant because numbers are never supposed to be low in something designed by competition.

Even then, if anything, ranked is supposed to be the high number matches. You don't break records in games where you beat down other teams that can't compete against your own, as I'm assuming a lot of people who share your opinion probably think about the Kickball. You break records and post high numbers not because you have a really good team against a bad one, but because the other team is also matching against it pretty well.

So if guild vs guild matches can't match the numbers that the Ranked Kickball teams are putting out, then quite frankly, it's because your matches are lower quality in comparison where your battles are not matching up. If you have a problem with that, then try to form better match ups or compete better. Because Idk about you, but the kickball players have as much of a right to posting records they break in their only form of 8v8 WZs than guilds do.

While I was unsure before on where these records go, I would like to keep this bias out of record consideration, as the OPs before have proven that the only thing that matters for a record should be a date and a number. The type of que should just determine where that record goes, not to mention you can't really enforce guild vs guild only ranked.

Edited by ZooMzy

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then how is that fair? It's like the arguments against having healers go for the Most Kills section or the Most DPS in a WZ for Smashers, where both are naturally better suited at pulling off high numbers than any other class respectively (All three DPS records are held by smashers, and healers can easily rack up kills to take the kills list).

If you going to argue for that concept of guild ranked only being the case for posting records, then the OP should also refuse to allow healers to go for kill numbers records and smashers to go for DPS numbers. I find it amusing that you posted that bolded section above, because when has that ever been the situation? Just because the guild's playing ranked against each other before have always been nearly even competing teams? Records are just that: records. They are supposed to be fluid, meaning that if they were played by an entire server of competition in PvP, then they would be broken by the continuous game of escalation. So to say that in one que, numbers are supposed to be low, is just flat out ignorant because numbers are never supposed to be low in something designed by competition.

Even then, if anything, ranked is supposed to be the high number matches. You don't break records in games where you beat down other teams that can't compete against your own, as I'm assuming a lot of people who share your opinion probably think about the Kickball. You break records and post high numbers not because you have a really good team against a bad one, but because the other team is also matching against it pretty well.

So if guild vs guild matches can't match the numbers that the Ranked Kickball teams are putting out, then quite frankly, it's because your matches are lower quality in comparison where your battles are not matching up. If you have a problem with that, then try to form better match ups or compete better. Because Idk about you, but the kickball players have as much of a right to posting records they break in their only form of 8v8 WZs than guilds do.

While I was unsure before on where these records go, I would like to keep this bias out of record consideration, as the OPs before have proven that the only thing that matters for a record should be a date and a number. The type of que should just determine where that record goes, not to mention you can't really enforce guild vs guild only ranked.

Be more concise a lot of that was redundant, besides that I didn't see anything in this post that disproves or flaws my argument.

I think because of all the kickball ranked we have been doing our records list should just be combined. Ranked records are supposed to be lower numbers and harder to get as the opposing team has gear and skill, but on the B.C. most of our ranked is now kickball which defeats the purpose of having a ranked record section.

Either only count records with guild ranked matches or just combined the lists.

Either you haven't done ranked or your numbers tend to suffer when you do. I have seen the complete opposite. I tend to get bigger numbers in ranked because the teams seem to be more even in terms of skill and gear. Even teams leads to more stalemates which leads to higher numbers. These stalemates occur on every map outside of huttball.

I disagree with you ryydor, ranked will not always "be lower numbers and harder to get." For example, I am 99% sure, if grim walked in on the reign ranked scrimmage teams, they would obliterate reign teams, and all post very high numbers, would we have to ignore those matches as well? Also, I think ranked games go on longer because teams enter a stalemate, which prolongs the games for long amounts of time. You have the thinking that only the high level pvp guilds will be doing ranked which is not the case. I believe all the records should stand because when you go in a ranked warzone with premade group of 8 people, everything is free game. Edited by raidmac

Ok... I'm not going to quote everyone as that would be far too tedious and redundant, but I'm going to settle this right now.

1. The record tables will STAY separate. I'm sorry but I see NO argument that justifies that they should be combined in any way, shape, or form.

2. Just because its a kickball match does not make it any less of a ranked match. I see ranked as you MUST have 8 players in order to que for it. That mean's you had to take the time to get the group(s) together then queue and wait for the match. That's what ranked means to me. That being said, ANY ranked match, kickball or other, will be counted toward the ranked record table. FINAL WORD

3. I have to agree with Thor, Scyn, and Zoo in the fact that ranked matches should actually produce HIGHER numbers then unranked because of the skill, gear, and general PVP knowledge of the teams.

This should settle the argument, and I would please like the topic to be dropped and for people to continue posting records for any three of the record tables there are. If there are any more concerns, issues, or complaints please address them to me via PM or ingame mail to any of the characters in my sig.

Records are updated! And I'm just going to use Zoo's SS to reiterate my point on me not claiming records for you. There are a lot of ranked spots empty, and you could have claimed a few number 1s, but now you need a new screen to get them. :)

Edited by AntonMercer

Records are updated! And I'm just going to use Zoo's SS to reiterate my point on me not claiming records for you. There are a lot of ranked spots empty, and you could have claimed a few number 1s, but now you need a new screen to get them. :)

Understood, thanks for clarifying again. :)

Fair enough, only voicing my opinion and not to mention that the evidence I am going on is the fact that in our ranked records only 1 medal record is high enough to replace a non ranked record, all others are lower than unranked.

Fair enough, only voicing my opinion and not to mention that the evidence I am going on is the fact that in our ranked records only 1 medal record is high enough to replace a non ranked record, all others are lower than unranked.

That's actually because some are pre 2.0 and then some are from before the pvp fixes

Edited by AntonMercer

Name: Thebus

Screenshot Link: http://imgur.com/0WHfM5J

Record Broken: most kills in a single warzone slot #2

Value: 65 kills

Type of Match: Unranked

Date of SS taken: 7 - 14 - 13

I can verify this screenshot as I was present, I should have seen how much damage I took as I had 2-3 players babysit me the entire match. Great healing by the way Thebus

So.... these never got updated into the records and are pretty valid.

We will see if this picks up. Good luck to this thread.

Name: Wolfbane

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/o4TyjTh.jpg

Record Broken: 3rd for Most Protection

Value: 697579

Date of SS taken: 7.3.13

Name: Wolfbane

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/o4TyjTh.jpg

Record Broken: 3rd for Most Protection in a single life

Value: 547175

Date of SS taken: 7.3.13

Ok! Everything is updated! Three quick notes...

1. Wolfbane: Sorry bout that, but I actually had one of you claims already there just the wrong number, once again my apologies.

2. Thorazine: Since you tied your OWN record you are not getting 2 spots if you get a lower or higher number then I will add it.

3. In reference to the Progression Thread fiasco... I WILL NOT tolerate any inflammatory or derogatory posts. You do and you are banned from posting(that is I will not add any of your claims to the records). It's childish and I know our PVP community here on BC is better then that! :) just have fun!!

Also there are still no claims for the challenge! 150k is up for grabs here ppl! Also a person can win both heals and damage but it must be done THE SAME DAY. Forgot to iterate that before.

Thorazine's record should count (as long as the picture is clearly different didn't bother checking myself). It is no different than if I got 16 killing blows and tied Thorazine. I believe that he should hold 2 spots even if it is the same number.

I don;t see why I cant have second place, considering that Liscil owns 2 spots in the same category(protection)? Why have a tie breaking system if you are not going to use it? Also, If you noticed I was on my marauder and not my sentinel for the second screenshot. I believe it is unfair that Liscil is given two spots will you will not give it to me.

Thorazine's record should count (as long as the picture is clearly different didn't bother checking myself). It is no different than if I got 16 killing blows and tied Thorazine. I believe that he should hold 2 spots even if it is the same number.

It is different because you are a different person. The records thread was designed to show accomplishments of DIFFERENT people (mpo). To put up a record of the same exact number done by the same person is redundant (again mpo) and kinda looks weird. I mean picture a healing done or and per second record of the exact same number by the same person done three times. This means they hold all three spots with the exact same number, albeit different warzones? I might as well fill in all the empty records we have with the lowest record spot to make it look full, but that's plain dumb. Same reasoning with ties on your own record. I want as many different ppl on here as possible, but I'm not going to fill spots so they look full. If more people voice that his record should be put in the I will reverse my decision, but for now I'm going to leave it off.

I kinda agree with Thorazine, either his tie records should be noticed twice (and this is coming from the 2nd placed person) or Liscil highest protection record should only be shown.

Of the point is to get more people included on this thread then only the highest score / person should be counted. Or if it is to denote the best performances in a WZ then both Thorazines and Liscils records should stand.

My 2 cents anyway.

Well I dont see why there is a tie breaking mechanic and why liscil can hold 2 records? Like even further, I did it on two different toons. It is your thread, but I really believe that it is unfair that other people can hold 2 spots, and I cant because I posted the same number.

Not that my opinion matters in any shape or form, but Thorazine has a good point. I could see not allowing the same character to post identical records even if they are from separate matches, but Thorazine did it twice on different characters. Like he said, it is your thread and your rules but IMO he should hold both spots.

Considering that Liscil has 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT numbers on record is completely different and on a different set scale than amount of kills. Sure, you got the same amount of kills in 2 different warzones, but why exactly have the same number up twice? That makes sense to me so that it shows what you can do, but is also kind of pointless because it is the same number. For DPS, Total DMG, HPS, Total Heals, Protection in 1 life, Protection through entire warzone, etc. it is COMPLETELY different and is 99.99999999999999999999999% IMPOSSIBLE to get the same number over more than 1 match at a time. I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER seen the same Numbers in those categories to the last digit that are similar 100%. If you can prove me wrong do it, but I HIGHLY doubt it. Anttonius has a very good point in the fact of what he said and so do you Thorazine. Both VERY good points and I support both ways. But there is a very decently large gap between a number than can be duplicated EASILY through different warzones and ones that go to an exact point that can't be duplicated AT ALL. AND TECHNICALLY you have 2 spots, but you don't have #1 AND #2 slot. You just have #1 slot TWICE. Edited by Nayrhollis

Also, If you noticed I was on my marauder and not my sentinel for the second screenshot.

Thorazine has a good point. I could see not allowing the same character to post identical records even if they are from separate matches, but Thorazine did it twice on different characters.

You are both correct. I miss read the characters in Thor's name and assumed it was the same character, and dismissed it without checking screenshot. For this I sincerely apologize to Thorazine and have changed the records accordingly. My judgement still stands, however, on a SAME CHARACTER posting of a TIEING amount for any category. I still believe it is redundant, and will edit the rules as such.

Moving into a question for everyone as this is, I believe, a first situation, is everyone content with having this based on per character(like it is now) or per posting account(using Thor as an example) IN THE CASE OF A TIE. My idea, at least with per posting account would be something like below v v v

MOST KILLING BLOWS IN A SINGLE WARZONE

1. Thorazine 16, thoraziné 16

and...

... considering that Liscil owns 2 spots in the same category(protection)? ... I believe it is unfair that Liscil is given two spots will you will not give it to me.

Liscil cannot be used as a valid argument as his posting values are DIFFERENT and that is why he has two spots, plus the previous owner had no problem with it and neither do I.

This is why I am asking you, the community, if you want the change or not. My reasoning is stated above for same character posting and my reasoning for the above proposition is to allow as many original posters on here as possible which means more people are pvping :)

Please note this is a question that I pose to everyone. Please keep the convo civil and I will go with majority sway on the issue

New Ranked Records

Name: Juan'Pablo

Screenshot Link: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/475090/module_gallery/original/1359151.jpg

Record Broken: HPS #1

Value: 1804.26

Type of Match: Ranked

Date of SS taken: 20-Jul-2013

Name: Juan'Pablo

Screenshot Link: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/475090/module_gallery/original/1359151.jpg

Record Broken: Highest Healing Single Hit #1

Value: 7987

Type of Match: Ranked

Date of SS taken: 20-Jul-2013

Edited by Kadamczy
fixed format