To avoid a bad launch they cause a bad launch

darthbored

you ignored the whole concept of "pre-order earlier, get more early access" they preached from the begining

[citation needed]

When was there ever a mention, before this week, of preorder earlier - get EARLIER access?

It was the standard "preorder get early access" that every MMO of the last few years has done.

First mention of the waved launch was not so long ago.

Damn fanboys.

Edited by SeanusT

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know there are legendary launches of MMORPG's. Who can forget EQ2. SWG was a wild one. STO was also crazy/stupid/lame. Then opening day for WoW...people still talk about that one.

I think this is another in a long line of "If we had only known, we would have never did it that way".

I mean I get it. You said you wanted to learn from the mistakes Blizzard made releasing WoW. Congrats, Job well done. You avoided all those problems but...YOU CREATED MORE

Eh? What's a user to do.

You see the problem is that everyone isnt on the same page of what a bad launch is exactly is. To some bunches of people unhappy and discontented with the game even before it releases is a bad launch. To other people that is perfectly acceptable. But then some people dig being beaten and humiliated in public.

Fanbois will always be in the latter.

it's bad because this is probably the worst way to launch any game, let alone an MMO where you're at an increasing disadvantage the longer you wait. Reward players who have the most money and luck and **** on people who had to wait a couple of weeks or had their codes lost by incompetent retailers.. or both.

You mean PVP advantage I assume? I think you're overstating things TBH.

...and what does money or luck have to do with things? I knew when pre-orders were going up so I woke up early and pre-ordered. They didn't take any money. So I didn't need luck nor money.

on a pvp server is does. Getting your name matters. Geting established matters and most fun of all server launch day. They took that away and really sucks.

Make an original name.

Flex that brain of yours.

I know, I know, your Drizzt is the best Drizzt and your Darkshadow is the oldest Darkshadow in MMO history.

Try, for once in your life, to be original.

What bad launch? Game hasn't launched yet, and I'm sure they don't care about whiny 8 year olds who didn't get what they wanted, even though it's been stated since preorders started that it depends on when you entered the code.

They have claimed it launched. As they make the claim, I'm going to say it's a worse launch than even Darkfall. I would prefer the Darkfall mess to this.

Rift was smooth for letting everyone in.

Of course people were getting their accounts hacked by people not needing either their account name or password.

Yeah right. We are not the same type of gamer. You like to have a poor experience if you win like 2 day of gaming.

I like to have a great experience and wait 2 day more.

Guess who are the smartest :)

[citation needed]

When was there ever a mention, before this week, of preorder earlier - get EARLIER access?

It was the standard "preorder get early access" that every MMO of the last few years has done.

Damn fanboys.

[citation needed]

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Edited by killername

It's not a good or terrible launch. Thanksgiving weekend stress test showed that the servers could handle it. Why the need to stagger the early access is the question. Poorly planned on EA/Biowares end.

There's been a few screenshots now of people in game and there's nobody else around while there's a ton of people just waiting to get in. I don't see how you can call that a "good" launch by any stretch of the imagination.

on a pvp server is does. Getting your name matters. Geting established matters and most fun of all server launch day. They took that away and really sucks.

They took away nothing.

You took it away from yourself by not Pre-Ordering in the first few days.

Not BW's fault.

Why is this so hard to understand? THERE WAS NO SECRET CLUB THAT LET YOU ORDER EARLY.

now...here's the thing. Did you REALLY have some problems with launching? Or are you just coming on the forums to make it LOOK LIKE you are one of the people that had a problem but are just going along with what you see some people say about a bad launch just so you feel like you fit in with the "in crowd"?

No problems here :)

[citation needed]

Damn fanboys.

Damn idiots...

They've been saying it's first come first serve for literally months lol.

Damn idiots...

They've been saying it's first come first serve for literally months lol.

Whos the idiot? The idiot posting bad launch or the idiot whos quoting people about first come first serve. You know little, very little. I know how many people are on Origin worlds at peak times in the eurozone.

The fact of the matter remains these "waves" are piss poor & very small.

I vote for you.

Edited by Kodokai

In hindsite a few months from now, I'm sure EA/BioWare will either consider the early access and staggered launch a great thing, or look at it as a mistake. Only a few things trouble me about staggered launch/early access.

PvP servers - People who are 7 days ahead of everyone else will have a huge jump on 50, then they will get to 50 before a lot of other people and have no one to play with. And possibly instead of sitting in a warzone queue, they will go gank the lower level people that didn't get early access and that will frustrate a bunch of people.

Early access means you get to grind up crew skills faster, if you're smart, and can have a big head start as far as credits go and acquiring the rare/higher level schematics.

Overall I think staggering it was a good idea, you're always going to have the whiners and complainers, I just hope they get to my pre-order codes by 15th/16th, and I'll be happy. It doesn't really matter, I'll play this game for fun until GW2 comes out, or if it really does take off and end game is actually enjoyable I may stick with it. Either way, there are a few negatives, but I rather have less people in my starting zone and actually be able to quest than have server crashes, a queue to get in, and be standing around my starting zone for 3 hours trying to farm a mob.

How much money did they spend on making this game again? And they can't get their stuff together with servers? LOL. i bought CE and when they said no grace period I bought a Digital Copy as to not miss game time, but when I ask questions my thread gets locked. Sounds like someone got their profits and could care less about us at this point. But hey 5 years of waiting and $264 dollars later, why should BW/EA care about me? Oh I guess they shouldn't.

And just par for the course. I've seen people with CE bought on 21st not get in and people who bought CE in August get in, so where the whole "Depending on When you Ordered" thing really at?

Wanna shut down another thread BW?

It is very ironic to me, I mean the staggered access was suppose to let people in and play, but it also kept pretty much everyone else. Like a massive server crash would. It would be better if they sent everyone an e-mail in advance telling them when they can play, that way the forums wouldn't be filled with useless threads, or atleast less.

And just par for the course. I've seen people with CE bought on 21st not get in and people who bought CE in August get in, so where the whole "Depending on When you Ordered" thing really at?

And where did you see that? Don't tell me on this forum, because I will laught at you.