Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

Ability failing yet still applying the GCD bug Bumping daily Devs acknowledge plz

OcTwenty

Bioware, please listen to us. This issue will blow on your face when arenas come out if you dont adress it now.

Even if you cant fix it, its alright. Just let us know what we can count on. Level with us, so when all the whinners come back we can tell them what the deal is.

Please dont ruin what can be a big draw back to the game. Work with us here. We care about this game.

Edited by Nemmar

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are trying to get it to Bioware's atention to prevent the s*** storm that is incoming.

People on the forums say this about everything associated with the game. It's cliché.

Just a guess.. but Arenas might actually be immune to the affects. With so few players, in their own instance an all.

Edited by Andryah

People on the forums say this about everything associated with the game. It's cliché.

Just a guess.. but Arenas might actually be immune to the affects. With so few players, in their own instance an all.

So, what? We pretend there isnt a problem? Do you think all the people that come play the game when arenas come out wont realise the bug the same way they did when the game first came out?

Do you want the game to grow or do you want it to continuously fail cause the core is obviously bugged/not working as intended.

How is what you said in any way productive to this game?! Pretend there isnt a glaring problem? You know FF fans are trying to do that with their incredibly long global cooldowns that make the combat so slow. Think of it like the ATB bar they say. Like that is gonna prevent anyone from beeing bored... they are pretending there isnt a glaring problem when there is. You are trying to do the same.

Its also like GW2 fans trying to say the game is fun. If it was fun it wouldnt have a dwindling population. It had the reviews the clamor, the business model that is consumer friendly and often content updates and its still losing players. Hmmm... i wonder why.

Bioware is trying to wing it, just like Microsoft tried winging the DRM policies on E3. They think that people will be dumb enough to forget. but its impossible to forget when there is a constant reminder in-game. This issue will return time and again until its fixed and its the little cancer that kills the game from within.

Edited by Nemmar

It's not just affecting channeled abilities, I do notice it on my Sorcerer, Marauder and Sentinel the most, however, I can re create with 100% reliability, a global cooldown failure with the Glowing Gold Eyes item, regardless of class or character. (Red Eyes seem to work fine for some odd reason)

Not sure how it works for others but here's how I do it.

I have It in my inventory (obviously)

I have it equipped on a quick bar

I turn the camera to face my character

I hit the button to activate glowing eyes

Nothing happens (eyes won't light up), yet global cooldown triggers (You see the same Quickbar/cooldown behavior as a failing Ravage/Force Lightning)

Hit it again, and the eyes light up as it's supposed to.

---

I can replicate this 100%, the very first time I load a character, regardless of character/class, the very first time I use the Glowing Gold eyes always results in a global cooldown failure (for me at least) After that it works normally. Ever since I obtained the Glowing Eyes Gold item I've always had to hit it twice to get it to work properly. I've sent bug reports, ran repair many o times. Not sure how it will work for other folks, but I urge them to try.

You have got to be being sarcastic.

Indulge me then. Is this not serious for the long term viability of this game, in particular with arena matches coming?

Do you think this game has a chance of competing with the likes of WoW when the core gameplay is broken with this bug? Dont we at least deserve an explanation?

Or should we collectively pretend nothing is wrong and hope for the best? I love this game and i want it to realise its potencial, this is the one problem i have with the game and i want to either see it fixed or have an explanation as to why it doesnt work as it should.

Edited by Nemmar

Indulge me then. Is this not serious for the long term viability of this game, in particular with arena matches coming?

If you get to the point when you just can't stands it no more, you'll stop playing. If they fix this problem, fine. If they don't, are y'all gonna keep collectively holding your breath until you turn blue? Stamp your feet? Shake your fists at the heavens in impotent rage? As posted just above, it is most likely never going to be addressed.

It's a game, not a spurting artery.

Edited by branmakmuffin

If you get to the point when you just can't stands it no more, you'll stop playing. If they fix this problem, fine. If they don't, are y'all gonna keep collectively holding your breath until you turn blue? Stamp your feet? Shake your fists at the heavens in impotent rage? As posted just above, it is most likely never going to be addressed.

Even so to say its nothing and people exaggerating and trolling just to troll because its nothing else to do with this game is rather a position taken only by those with dim minds. I give you that plenty trolls on these forums but if you dont encounter this matter why bother to kiss ....you know, the only thing you will accomplish is to make fool of yourself.

You invite the players that have technical issue with the game or game-play issue to leave since they wont fix any time soon. See peeps like you did the same back 14 months ago and look what you wrought and dont get started with ''game doing fine thing'' because its been beaten to the kingdom come, if the game was fine it wont be f2p now nor ever in the last decade to come.

Stop been a vigilante on the forums and give to some serious complaints some credit.

So, what? We pretend there isnt a problem?

Did I say that? No. But keep it in context.. because it's not a problem universally in the game. There are places and modes of play where it is more prevalent and more of an issue.

I simply suggested that your use of a yet to be released set of PvP content, where the instances will be very small, with no more then 8 players, is speculative and you use of the term ****storm is deliberately designed to demand attention. I am more of the opinion that Arenas will be little to no issue for this problem. Time will tell if I am right or not. Either way... it won't be a ****storm... it will be an issue.

Do you think all the people that come play the game when arenas come out wont realise the bug the same way they did when the game first came out?

Correct. Show me objective evidence otherwise. You can't. So.. we wait and see. Common sense IMO.

/signed - happens all the time, especially noticeable in win/loose situations.

From the naysayers in this thread its clearly only a problem if you intend on playing the game above roll face on keyboard level.

Which, again clearly, most people simply arent capable of.

If this bug isnt a problem for you, you are quite simply a low level player. Period. People who say its a minor issue probably miss 2 out of every 3 GCDs anyways just being derps, so to them, it isnt even noticeable.

I'd love to hear from BW whether this is a real issue they are tracking or not. For my own experience, this happens, particularly in WZ's it's most noticeable, but it happens everywhere, all the time.

Did I say that? No. But keep it in context.. because it's not a problem universally in the game. There are places and modes of play where it is more prevalent and more of an issue.

I simply suggested that your use of a yet to be released set of PvP content, where the instances will be very small, with no more then 8 players, is speculative and you use of the term ****storm is deliberately designed to demand attention. I am more of the opinion that Arenas will be little to no issue for this problem. Time will tell if I am right or not. Either way... it won't be a ****storm... it will be an issue.

Correct. Show me objective evidence otherwise. You can't. So.. we wait and see. Common sense IMO.

You know what they say... fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Refusal to learn leads to bad results.

Even if arenas dont have it, the bug will still plague the rest of the game. But given dungeons with 4 people have it already, i dont see how arenas with 8 wont. And by the way, it happens everywhere in the game.

Edited by Nemmar

I'm playing the game, i like the game, i am paying a sub. Still i will do everything i can so the game is fixed and works properly. I am trying to have a positive influence. What are you doing?

You know what they say... fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Refusal to learn leads to bad results.

Even if arenas dont have it, the bug will still plague the rest of the game. But given dungeons with 4 people have it already, i dont see how arenas with 8 wont.

Given how often it likes to show up on your own ship - you can expect this thread to get even bigger after arenas.

Given how often it likes to show up on your own ship - you can expect this thread to get even bigger after arenas.

That is an excellent point as it happens when hitting your dummy in the ship aswell.

Its a bug all across the game. There is no reason to think arenas wont be affected.

Edited by Nemmar

The naysayers (Andryah being the queen here, of course) should simply fraps themselves for about 15-30 mins, good quality, put it on youtube and I bet 10 mil creds we would find the ability delays for you if we simply open our eyes instead of you. It's a universal problem, an objective one, it affects everyone, just because some facerollers can't notice it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means ... *drumrolls please ... facerollers don't notice it.

/signed - happens all the time, especially noticeable in win/loose situations.

Indeed. I swear I only ever get this happening when I am trying to apply a finishing move to kill someone/something at less than 10%.

Good luck getting this fixed. Assassins/Shadows have had 2 broken abilities since 1.4 and not a single word from the devs on the subject.

Ability delay is annoying! Happens in Warzones. Often I will press my attack button 3-4 times just for it action. Clunky game engine is the problem

It happens in 4 man FP's. How could it not happen in a 4v4 PvP with twice the amount of people and button mashing is even more common place?

Seriously... white knight much?

Good luck getting this fixed. Assassins/Shadows have had 2 broken abilities since 1.4 and not a single word from the devs on the subject.

Ability delay is annoying! Happens in Warzones. Often I will press my attack button 3-4 times just for it action. Clunky game engine is the problem

Whatever it is, it can be fixed because the default hero engine doesnt have the problem. This means it can be fixed. The problem is having the commitment and resources to do it.

I dont mind if it takes them one more year to fix it. I just want them to come out and tell us that they are aware of it and are doing something. Or if not, just say you arent cause you dont have the resources.

Edited by Nemmar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.