The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ability failing yet still applying the GCD bug Bumping daily Devs acknowledge plz

OcTwenty

You never miss a chance to insult PvP do you?

How is that an insult to PvP?

Are you saying that min/maxer PvPers are not extremely sensitive and vocal about very small variables in the game environment? Really?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that an insult to PvP?

Are you saying that min/maxer PvPers are not extremely sensitive and vocal about very small variables in the game environment? Really?

Not at all. I'm saying that YOU never miss a chance to put down PvPers. That's what I'm saying.

Learn to cope with us and this thread then

I'm coping quite well actually, even in the face of blatant personal attacks and attempts to assassinate my character.

But thank your for your concern. :)

Edited by Andryah

Not at all. I'm saying that YOU never miss a chance to put down PvPers. That's what I'm saying.

Well.. then say what you mean man! :)

And, highlighting a known quality or characteristic of a segment of the player base is not a put down..it's acknowledging fact.. which I did through a bit of obvious exaggeration and tongue in cheek. ;) Which demonstrates that some PvPers have thin skins IMO. :D

Edited by Andryah

And my post was hardly an insult. Pointing out what you said some guys said, guys who, even if they are "game developers," may know nothing about TOR, is singularly unpersuasive.

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. You can claim anything you want on the internet. But let's say you do. What do they know about TOR's development?

They know nothing of TOR's development. They don't all work on MMO's... but something like clicking a button and expecting it to activate an ability isn't unique to MMO's... that's inherent to all video games. Luckily, for an MMO, it usually isn't as bad because it's not like playing Super Mario Bros where the Jump button not activating can be an instant-kill, but let's not fool anyone into thinking that TOR should have some sort of pass on ability stutter. It's development is entirely a non-sequitur to a discussion about ability stutter.

And for others, how pretty a game is is what matters most. That's the point. Not that the bug is totally irrelevant, but that it's not that big a deal to the player base as a whole.

Now you're playing the rhetoric game of devil's advocate. While the "Why? How about why not?" can have merits, you're just being a broken-record of trying to spin things around on any new poster. You said your piece: that ability delay doesn't bother you that much.

I came in once to say why it bothered me, my own personal experience with a conversation I had with people in the gaming industry, and why it led to me to unsub. Then you come around huffing and puffing and trying to stamp out my post.

Seriously dude, go away.

Edited by Lostpenguins

They know nothing of TOR's development. They don't all work on MMO's... but something like clicking a button and expecting it to activate an ability isn't unique to MMO's... that's inherent to all video games.

Right, you don't even have to be a programmer to grasp that concept. Some guys said "Well, gee, when you

, something should happen."

I came in once to say why it bothered me, my own personal experience with a conversation I had with people in the gaming industry, and why it led to me to unsub. Then you come around huffing and puffing and trying to stamp out my post.

Stamp out your post? You must think I have vast, unearthly powers.

Edited by branmakmuffin

why it led to me to unsub..........Seriously dude, go away.

This tickled my funny bone. :D

I'm not picking on you LP.. it's just that this truly did make me giggle. You unsub (which is fine) but then you tell BMM to go away. :p

Well.. then say what you mean man! :)

And, highlighting a known quality or characteristic of a segment of the player base is not a put down..it's acknowledging fact.. which I did through a bit of obvious exaggeration and tongue in cheek. ;)Which demonstrates that some PvPers have thin skins IMO. :D

And some posters demonstrate that they are just very biased and closed minded. It must be nice to be able to (tongue in cheek) put down PvPers as having thin skin, while at the same time insinuating that PvEers are somehow beyond the influence of "very small variables in the game".

This tickled my funny bone. :D

I'm not picking on you LP.. it's just that this truly did make me giggle. You unsub (which is fine) but then you tell BMM to go away. :p

Haha... not from the game. As long as he loves the game, it's all good. He can continue playing. In fact, I don't think anyone should unsub or hate this game just because I became unsatisfied.

I just don't think he brings any intelligence to this discussion. I generally agree with you when people make hyperboles to add weight to their argument. It doesn't do anything to help move things along with people can't be truthful or realistic.

BMM is just very annoying because he's arguing to just to argue. That's not what this thread is supposed to be about. Someone posted this, asking for Devs to respond. While I don't think they will respond... someone else (BMM) just bashing anyone who agrees with the OP is doing nothing for this thread.

Right, you don't even have to be a programmer to grasp that concept. Some guys said "Well, gee, when you
, something should happen."

Stamp out your post? You must think I have vast, unearthly powers.

And, yet, more drivel that isn't doing anything to continue an intelligent discussion with you.

I think I've pointed it out clearly enough: you don't think it's that big of a deal... to you.

Does that sum it up? Are you done? Or did you want to continue trying to be clever?

And, yet, more drivel that isn't doing anything to continue an intelligent discussion with you.

Disliking Ren & Stimpy does not make you intelligent, if that's part of your implication.

I think I've pointed it out clearly enough: you don't think it's that big of a deal... to you.

Right, yet others keep posting like it's a big deal, period.

Disliking Ren & Stimpy does not make you intelligent, if that's part of your implication.
And yet, more fail on your end to comprehend. Your entire post was what I referred to as drivel because your entire post didn't do anything to add to this discussion. In fact, nothing you've said in direct response to me has been constructive.

Right, yet others keep posting like it's a big deal, period.

"Like it's a big deal"? You try to counter me by saying things like:

And for others, how pretty a game is is what matters most. That's the point. Not that the bug is totally irrelevant, but that it's not that big a deal to the player base as a whole.

So at one point you try to counter by saying hat importance is a matter of perspective, but then in this most current retort try and talk down to those who consider ability delay to be a big deal.

And, yes, if new people keep coming in and saying how it also affects them in a big way, they have a right to as they are adding to the discussion. You, on the other hand, seem to think your ritualistic hazing of new posters in this thread (like me) is intelligent and worthwhile. It's neither.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Would really like an actual Bioware response here, but hey, I'm obviously asking too much. If Andryah's "intelligent" contributions á la "every MMO has problems" will keep the thread bumping, then so be it. Maybe two years of bumping the thread will yield a yellow response, then those who are still playing the game (not forum lurking and dribbling with level 30 alts, killing Jawas on Tatooine) can die happy.

So at one point you try to counter by saying hat importance is a matter of perspective, but then in this most current retort try and talk down to those who consider ability delay to be a big deal.

Both of which are consistent with "Keep it in perspective."

You clearly have let your anger get the better of you.

Would really like an actual Bioware response here, but hey, I'm obviously asking too much. If Andryah's "intelligent" contributions á la "every MMO has problems" will keep the thread bumping, then so be it. Maybe two years of bumping the thread will yield a yellow response, then those who are still playing the game (not forum lurking and dribbling with level 30 alts, killing Jawas on Tatooine) can die happy.

'Cause if they don't play the game they way you do, they are doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

Edited by branmakmuffin

Both of which are consistent with "Keep it in perspective."

You clearly have let your anger get the better of you.

'Cause if they don't play the game they way you do, they are doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're dribbling about. Obviously, you have reversed the situation here to fit your twisted perspective. All I and the others who are affected by the ability delays on a daily basis are trying to say here is that you and Andryah who obviously do not participate in NiM or ranked WZs and who are obviously not affected by this flaw or think that it's a minor inconvenience need to stop dictating to people what is and what is not a convenience. At least have some common courtesy not to interfere here if it doesn't concern you.

I have no idea what you're dribbling about. Obviously, you have reversed the situation here to fit your twisted perspective. All I and the others who are affected by the ability delays on a daily basis are trying to say here is that you and Andryah who obviously do not participate in NiM or ranked WZs and who are obviously not affected by this flaw or think that it's a minor inconvenience need to stop dictating to people what is and what is not a convenience. At least have some common courtesy not to interfere here if it doesn't concern you.

Agreed

Nicely put.

I have no idea what you're dribbling about.

You also have no idea what you're dribbling about.

All I and the others who are affected by the ability delays on a daily basis are trying to say here is that you and Andryah who obviously do not participate in NiM or ranked WZs and who are obviously not affected by this flaw or think that it's a minor inconvenience need to stop dictating to people what is and what is not a convenience.

This thread is about making something very few people care about into a virtual Hindenburg. It doesn't matter how big a deal it is to you, it matters how big a deal it is to the player base as a whole.

Edited by branmakmuffin