The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ability failing yet still applying the GCD bug Bumping daily Devs acknowledge plz

OcTwenty

Hello all,

Never really ever had this bug, But I can understand why this is an issue and I do have friends who has this issue, So in support of that I will bump the thread.

We need this to be acknowledged.

-Thenyth

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully they fix this before we lose many more players to the horrible combat delay issues. Otherwise you are going to see a lot of players leaving this game for the new mmos coming out soon just for the simple fact that the combat is smoother.

There must be some sort of agreement between the people who wrote the Hero engine and the SWTOR devs. The Hero guys said something like "hey, since you guys are modifying our engine so much, you cant publicly say that the engine is the cause of whatever problems may come up...even if it is the engine that is at fault". To which the the SWTOR devs replied "Durrrrr OK!".

or maybe it was aliens? yah lets blame it on the aliens.

It's a technical issue with the epic Hero engine that the devs:

A. Can't fix because they're incompetent or don't possess the knowledge how.

B. Won't fix because they don't care or it's too much of a hassle or too expensive.

In either case, threads like this have been popping up on the forums from day 1. None of them ever got an answer.

This issue persists for, in particular on classes which are melee.

Often on my Marauder or Guardian, when I want to finish off a target with Dispatch/Vicious Throw the spell does not trigger, I get a GCD which is a second in which I am defenseless and may even be the cause of my death.

I tested this with many different keys, both on keyboard and mouse to test whether I had an internal error between the game and my equipment. Regardless of that, triggering a GCD without the spell effect must imply some server communication problem and not anything to do with my equipment.

This has occurred for many months now and yet no resolved.

I have also noticed, it seems to be increasing in frequency, not decreasing with new patches.

I have this GCD problem a couple time each fight I'm in. It is annoying, and has been an issue for much too long.

I find Bioware's silence on this subject disturbing. Its almost like they have no appreciation for the fact that WE are the ones who pay their wages.

EA may dole out your cheques, Bioware, but that paycheque you collect is thanks to use, the people who subscribe and spend money on this game.

Your real bosses would like an answer, please.

It's getting worse on The Harbinger as we do more activity. Several of us on an 8man S&V HM run would pop the orange Shield on the 1st boss when LOST and nothing happened.

DEVS? You guys most likely know this already, but I suspect it has the do with the overloading of servers?

I think we really need to make a big fuss over this to get it noticed.

This isnt the whinning from treek on the Cartel shop or the whinning about double xp weekend messing with their carefully planned leveling balance.

This is a real concern.

Cmon Bioware. The game is growing. With this issue out of the way the game can rise to even greater heights.

Edited by Nemmar

I think we really need to make a big fuss over this to get it noticed.

This isnt the whinning from treek on the Cartel shop or the whinning about double xp weekend messing with their carefully planned leveling balance.

This is a real concern.

Cmon Bioware. The game is growing. With this issue out of the way the game can rise to even greater heights.

Big fuss? as in get a 100 page thread going with zero responses from a dev? or big fuss as in get some articles written in pcgamer, ign.com, gamespot, or whatever sites people read for pc game info nowadays?

Big fuss? as in get a 100 page thread going with zero responses from a dev? or big fuss as in get some articles written in pcgamer, ign.com, gamespot, or whatever sites people read for pc game info nowadays?

I prefere a long and active thread. Doing articles on other supports does not help the game as it gives it a bad rep.

If the thread is active and constantly bumped it has to be noticed eventually.

^this.

I just fear we wont get a response since this has existed since day one. I fear they have no solution to the problem, and therefore cant reply to it, as it would look pretty bad from a business point of view.

I dont think that is an excuse. If it is a problem with the tech they can come out and tell us about it.

Just say with the current tech we cant do it, but we will look into ways of doing something about it in the long term.

That would already be ok. I prefer to be ackowledged than ignored. This issue is something every player experiences. It would be good to have a word about it. I love this game and i want to see it get as best as it can be. If not now, then years from now, but i want to know we are headed in the right direction. While this bug is in place the game will always be crippled.

Actually at the very least just say: We are aware of this issue. At least we would know it exists.

Edited by Nemmar

I dont think that is an excuse. If it is a problem with the tech they can come out and tell us about it.

Just say with the current tech we cant do it, but we will look into ways of doing something about it in the long term.

That would already be ok. I prefer to be ackowledged than ignored. This issue is something every player experiences. It would be good to have a word about it. I love this game and i want to see it get as best as it can be. If not now, then years from now, but i want to know we are headed in the right direction. While this bug is in place the game will always be crippled.

Actually at the very least just say: We are aware of this issue. At least we would know it exists.

they know there is a problem , they just can't fix it , with every patch they think they fix it .

It breaks again , it is almost like a gremlin , somebody sure hated button mashers ..

Almost like malgus/hk bug , where if you did too much dps he simply goes haywire ..

I have been tossed with my back against the wall straight into the pit by malgus . (but luckily nowdays it has been removed that bug)

HK bug is now famous that they had to ad a blue circle as warning , still he sometimes goes wacko cause of too much dps .

They should go trough all the codes and redundancy , but who wants to go trough millions lines of codes ?

especially one that had so many different engineers working on it ?

the issue is technical of nature , the problem is locating the issue sadly with every patch it seems to come back worst and more obvious then before .

I think they neither have the manpower or the knowledge to fix it , while if they could fix this problem .

It would be the best thing ever that they fix in this game .