This game is way too hard, and it's not just me...

xilc

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with the best armour for my level and companion, its still hard for me to kill a quest boss, assuming theres more than one of them. I kill one (or their guards or whatever) but thet main one kills me so im having to die at least once every time I do a boss

I dont know about what sith quest you are talking about but I would send feedback on that quest and make sure you add the name. As for Hammerstation I found a couple pulls really nasty but doable if you have good CC but if you dont then get ready to die. The last boss does not scale with the rest of the Flashpoint. I walked in ready to play tank and spank like the rest of the Flashpoint and we died because of it. We died 3 times and ran out of time but I am sure I can get him with a little better organized team.

I honestly just think it's my class... Marauder dies so incredibly fast... I do pretty nice damage, but with 5 mobs beating down on me or a boss hitting me, I die like a knife through butter... Were supposed to be warriors and were easily killable... First game I've ever played where my "warrior" is like its wearing cloth.

So...youre mad that as a DPS role...you cant solo 5 guys at once? Try rolling the tank then.

Soloing is only really hard when you pick the wrong spec. Take my Bounty hunter for example.

Because of my starter companion being a healer I had to pick the tank Advance class or I would end getting trucked later on.

I speced dps for alittle bit and found my self almost instantly dieing on class quest that I was at the appropriate level with my healing companion. So basicly I feel forced into tanking since I would end up taking damage to quickly for the healer to keep up.

Which is I think Advance class respec would be nice since when I get blizz my jawa companion I would of like to be heals for him but I'm stuck so when I get him he won't feel as useful as mako.

Go back to tank spec and I got though with alittle luck and skill. My BH is 28 on alderaan. I've seen people around me that much high level then me and I wonder how they do that?

Well I would assume they run flashpoints and pvp to gain the extra level.

Space combat helps too though. I suppose I need to do that more.

Still for MMO that suppose to be solo friendly It sure doesn't feel that way sometimes.

Even WoW I don't feel forced into a spec just to get to level cap.

Edited by bobofatt

No way - difficulty is fine. Find a friend, this is an MMO after all. Slashing through enemies without any skill is boring.

Ask yourself:

Did you use your stuns, all of them?

Did you use your 20 min CD companion cool down?

Did you use med packs?

Have you upgraded your gear with new mods, etc from the GTN?

Hammer station is 4 man... that's a full group, you can't get any more people... and it ruins the point of it being "challenging" if you have someone 5 levels over help you... I want it to be challenging, not downright impossible.

I did Hammer station with people around the appropriate level. We died a few times on the final boss, but eventually got him on (I believe) the fourth try, and it was always due to people standing in AOEs or letting the adds get out of control.

Just learn the fight and get better. I'm going to guess that you are just playing poorly and making many mistakes, and you are suggesting the game get nerfed for everyone rather than you improving. If you don't like the challenge, then level a few times (space missions and PvP can do this quite quickly if you don't want to quest) and then come back.

I'm not reading through so many pages of replies but I'm sure my opinions have already been stated by someone.

I get where you're coming from. A lot of times things in the game seem impossibly hard. There have been MANY times I've gotten so frustrated I curse at and even yell at the screen. However, I don't think anything in the game is *too* difficult. Granted, I have not experienced every single story and quest. All I've played thus far is an IA solo and a BH with husband's IA.

Things in the game are hard but I LIKE that. If it's too easy, I'll eventually get bored. As frustrated as I get, at least it gives me things to work towards. Like trying new strategies. There hasn't been a single difficult thing in the game for me that I wasn't able to overcome by trying different things. Just one example, my husband and I two manned the Area 4 on Balmorra. I'm sure it would have been easier with a full group but while it was insane in some places, we cleared it.

I know, that was intentional on our part and it was clearly labeled an objective for larger groups. I don't know anything about the OPs quest in particular but I have to ask, did you check the stuff in the area and even before whatever fight that is? Sometimes a fight looks impossible to solo but you can get buffs and stuff from things in the environment.

I'm certainly not going to tell the OP not to rage, I do it myself. But, I'd just make sure the Devs that set up a crazy fight for you didn't also set up something to enhance you with. I know it's way early in the game but an example of what I mean is the IA quest when you have to kill Karrels. There's nothing in that quest that tells you to shoot the kolto tank outside his room, I just happened to notice it was clickable. Doing that gave me a huge regen buff so I wonder if there's not similar features in some the later hard quests too.

Hammer station is 4 man... that's a full group, you can't get any more people... and it ruins the point of it being "challenging" if you have someone 5 levels over help you... I want it to be challenging, not downright impossible.

Hammer station is very easy. Ran it on my Assassin in a 4 man grp all of us 16-18. We beat it, a couple deaths here and there but no wipes. Last boss just takes people actually paying attention.

I did hammer station at 16 on my warrior with 3 guys who were 18, we wiped twice on the last boss before killing him.

Don't stand in stuff, interrupt, move, protect the healer. The basics to any MMO.

If you are having trouble with class missions, go back and do some side missions and get some gear upgrades.

I find having orange moddable gear is best, as you can just buy mods and armoring with your commendations and always have the best stuff for your level.

There are so many people who are horrible at this game. When we ran Hammer Station, two were 13, one was 15, and one was 18. We wiped a couple times on the first boss figuring it out, once past that, we cleared the rest without a single death.

The game isn't hard, you just have to use your abilities. As is, it is almost like 'Congratulations, you wiped the drool from your chin! Here's your reward!'

The last boss in Hammer station is not hard, I 2-manned it with a friend of mine (Warrior+Inquisitor) on our first and only try. If you cant do it with 4 people then you obviously need some practice.

I could also easily solo the tracking station quest on my Warrior, I almost died due to playing on my laggy laptop but it was still possible to do it alone.

Please dont overnerf this game so a 4 year old can play it using only one hand, like Blizzard did to WoW.

Edited by Ferros

Holy cow OP, you're crazy... This game is way too easy. I personally had a little difficulty with the Tracking Station mission you are talking about, I died once and took out all but one of the troops the first go around. Then I switched from Vette to Quinn and had 0 problems. And yes I did it solo.

There are some tough situations in this game, and I love that about it. But honestly there is nothing in this game that can't be soloed when it comes to your Class story line.

I hate to say it but the gaming community has been spoiled by WoW and how easy it is to play that game. Perhaps the OP should look into FFXI where the game in general is way way way harder than SW:TOR and then come back and revel in how easy this game is to play.

I hope everyone remembers their 20 minute cooldown ability that heals your character and their companion for 2% of their HP every 3 seconds for a full minute while also instantly resolving the cooldown on one of your early stun abilities.

Or, as I like to call it, the "play cool music whenever" button.

Edited by Gorgewall