Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Petition to make the ewok not buy able by cc

Greenify

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny is that people said they couldn't stand the long HK quest, and wanted it to be buyable in with CC. Now they're giving you a companion with CC and everyone's complaining. People that play this game are so two-faced.

How do you know the ones that couldn't stand the HK quest are the same people complaining now. I thought parts of the HK quest were great. Doing it now though is a PIA. When you are the only one searching for parts some of those planets can take days with no ryme or reason. If it worked like the droid seekers, where you could atleast get a direction, I think it would be great.

Wait, how is it oppressive to have to play the game to get something in the game?

Yeah i don't get it. And btw. how elitist is it to ruin the fun for alle the players who actually want to play the game with your wallet.

People spent hours to get the dreadseed armors. What do you think would have happend if it was optainable with CC?

What's funny is that people said they couldn't stand the long HK quest, and wanted it to be buyable in with CC. Now they're giving you a companion with CC and everyone's complaining. People that play this game are so two-faced.

Yes but everybody of them would agree that you still should do the questline at elast once before you can bypass the content with money. And the same for the new companion. It is not fun to do it 3 or 4 times. But it sould always be necessary to play content at least once. Like you have to buy armors at least once before you can unlook them for everybody.

Edited by chuuuuucky

They may not necessarily be the same people advocating the different options.

Yeah i don't get it. And btw. how elitist is it to ruin the fun for alle the players who actually want to play the game with your wallet.

People spent hours to get the dreadseed armors. What do you think would have happend if it was optainable with CC?

People would whine even harder than they have been over Treek, even though in both cases, someone getting either with CC has no impact on others' ability to get either via quest/legacy requirements.

The elitism is all on their side: "Oooo, look at me, I'm so bad-a**, I can play a video game 24/7. And I don't want anyone who can't do it, too, to be able to get whatever pointless cosmetics I got without having to work ... so ... hard for them, just like I did."

The common denominator being: in MMO forums people complain early, complain often, and complain about everything. Been this way forever really.

The petition that is the basis of this thread is complete nonsense, seeing as Eric has already made clear:

you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose.

Followed immediately by:

Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

Seriously.... even a kid can understand what this means. Cartel Coins to acquire OR Legacy System IF the player so chooses. Two methods to acquire...AND we don't even have to speculate the mechanics of how this works BECAUSE they have been doing this dual access approach through the Legacy UI since November of last year.

Since they are giving every subscriber 500 coins for the July 4 appreciation gift.... makes even more sense that Treek is available via coins.

Apparently we will find out later today what the other surprise is for 10CC on the market. I would LOVE to see it be Treek :D All these Legacy advocates would crap a brick!

Apparently we will find out later today what the other surprise is for 10CC on the market. I would LOVE to see it be Treek :D All these Legacy advocates would crap a brick!

Well since treek is part of update 2.3 it's a bit unlikely but i guess you never know

People would whine even harder than they have been over Treek, even though in both cases, someone getting either with CC has no impact on others' ability to get either via quest/legacy requirements.

The elitism is all on their side: "Oooo, look at me, I'm so bad-a**, I can play a video game 24/7. And I don't want anyone who can't do it, too, to be able to get whatever pointless cosmetics I got without having to work ... so ... hard for them, just like I did."

I think you mistake "elitism" with "actually wanting to work for something".

Shame, people like you seem to want everything so easy now. Its kinda ruining the MMO industry.

Character creation as a pre-requisite is just semantics. At this point I am just tired of arguing with people who don't want to see all players have options. So... as of this moment, I am done with this topic. Not sure what bothers me more players who want to limit other people's options, or the players who agree with the oppression.

If Treek sells on the CM without any restrictions, I will gladly pay cash for 5 of them (one for each of my characters) regardless of the CC price. If they are locked to Legacy Level 40, then I guess BW gets a limited group of happy elitist players, and I save myself $200 at the CM.

I do not see anyone who wishes to deny access to the Ewok. Even if they still require legacy 40 to unlock her, EVEYONE is still able to obtain her. It may take some longer than others to unlock her, but NO ONE is being denied access to the Ewok is they require legacy 40. The wonderful thing is that there is no time limit for unlocking the companion.

The "have to have it now" crowd may have to wait a bit and actually reach legacy 40 rather than just throw money at BW, but each and every member of that crowd can still obtain the Ewok companion.

I do not see anyone who wishes to deny access to the Ewok. Even if they still require legacy 40 to unlock her, EVEYONE is still able to obtain her. It may take some longer than others to unlock her, but NO ONE is being denied access to the Ewok is they require legacy 40. The wonderful thing is that there is no time limit for unlocking the companion.

The "have to have it now" crowd may have to wait a bit and actually reach legacy 40 rather than just throw money at BW, but each and every member of that crowd can still obtain the Ewok companion.

I'm over you... and done with this topic. You are dismissed and can feel free to stop.

I'm over you... and done with this topic. You are dismissed and can feel free to stop.

You do not have the authority to dismiss or silence those who's opinions do not mesh with your desire to throw money at BW in order to be handed everything you want.

You do not have the authority to dismiss or silence those who's opinions do not mesh with your desire to throw money at BW in order to be handed everything you want.

Well then, I am done with you and moving my question to a new thread to get a solid answer, and not just an elitist's opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

So ready for 2.3 to hit. This little Ewok will be my first purchase after I go preferred status.

My first thing is looking for some booby trapped apple to hand out to Treeks all around, in hope they will bite and explode like they should..... honestly it would be so fun, if we could shoot the critter... or maybe order Bowdaar to swallow it whole... finally a single reason to use Bowdaar for anything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.