I use PVE to max my stats for pvp

Individual

Nope. I have 4 pieces of Conq. The Conq pieces I have are also min / maxed with a Partisine piece at the very least. When I get a few pieces, I'll probably be higher.

it will, and u won't lose 3% expertise

It's like people fail to understand that expertise is the most important stat. It would take more than 5 power to match the contribution of 1 point of expertise. If you aren't maxed on expertise your understanding is flawed.

Edit: My ptech has ~1400 bonus damage and 2018 expertise.

Edited by Ryvirath

It's like people fail to understand that expertise is the most important stat. It would take more than 5 power to match the contribution of 1 point of expertise. If you aren't maxed on expertise your understanding is flawed.

Edit: My ptech has ~1400 bonus damage and 2018 expertise.

I disagree. If I can get close to max, get more main stat, and get more bonus dmg, then I'm going with the PVE.

Actually, I changed my mind.... But I was a tad off my Expertise. It's actually 1920 something. Still worth it in my opinion. Only have 4 pieces of Conq gear too. I am awesome!!! Even some of my Conq pieces I do have might be min / maxed with Partisine gear.

SS on fleet:

http://imageshack.us/f/580/nac1.jpg/

SS in Warzone

http://imageshack.us/f/585/uat8.jpg/

BW this is ridiculous, so why is possible, hes in mostly pve gear. he only has 4 pieces of min maxed conq gear. so bolster is good because????????????????????????????????

IMO thats not going to work very well. Maybe the PvE and PvP gear are interchangeable as far as damage output is concerned, but PvE gear has less defense/mitigation.

You'll have less expertise but more bonus damage. Let's call it an even wash on offense (until someone posts a screenie in PvE gear, with better WZ stats than conqueror, which hasn't happened yet).

In the defense department, everyone gets a damage boost against you. That's the drawback. You are gaining a very, very minimal attack boost (if any) but you are giving up your standard defensive mitigation that everyone should have.

Nope. I have 4 pieces of Conq. The Conq pieces I have are also min / maxed with a Partisine piece at the very least. When I get a few pieces, I'll probably be higher.

I have 2018 Expertise with those same stats .. so fully min/maxed conqueror gear is better

I have 2018 Expertise with those same stats .. so fully min/maxed conqueror gear is better

It doesn't even have to be min/maxed. My full conqueror has higher stats before I even get into the ranked mod vendor. Its a legit set of gear for sure, but I don't see it as being "better" or "best". Not sure why so many people just fell out of their chairs over the screenshots

It doesn't even have to be min/maxed. My full conqueror has higher stats before I even get into the ranked mod vendor. Its a legit set of gear for sure, but I don't see it as being "better" or "best". Not sure why so many people just fell out of their chairs over the screenshots

Because he shouldn't be getting bolstered that high to begin with. He's mostly in pve gear and near the exp cap and practically equal stats as conq gear. That is just ridiculous.

I disagree. If I can get close to max, get more main stat, and get more bonus dmg, then I'm going with the PVE.

It would take more than 5 power to match the contribution of 1 point of expertise.

You really can't just say nahnahnah to this part. 'Extra stats' are measurably and easily determined to be less than gains from expertise in every category. You don't even have to do anything fancy beyond opening up your character sheet to determine this. Multiply your expertise multiplier into your bonus damage modifier. The highest number is unsurprisingly always the one with more expertise. It's all relative but a good rule of thumb is 5.1 power = 1 expertise. As usual though lazy sensationalism and baddie anecdotes win the day for public opinion.

BW this is ridiculous, so why is possible, hes in mostly pve gear. he only has 4 pieces of min maxed conq gear. so bolster is good because????????????????????????????????

I never said I was mostly PVE. In fact, I'm still mostly PVP gear. But I can use PVE gear to boost my stats even further than that of the PVP gear. I'll post back on the stats when my whole right side is Full Conq. I'm not going to argue because I could be plain out wrong. I haven't been able to get my full Conq yet, but I still plan to so I can compare the stats.

Edited by Individual

Thats almost asking for trolling. Need to get in group finder for whatever is needed for top of the line PvE gear and tell everyone I am there cause I need to gear for PvP now. Hop in with some leveling greens.

Lol, thanks. big thumbs up

Cunning 2977

Bonus Tech Dmg: 1347

30k Health

Expertise: 1950 give or take a few.

And taking your stats from the pic you posted later

Cunning 2977

Bonus Tech Dmg: 1345.7

Health --

Expertise: 1925

PvP damage bonus: 57.24%

PvP damage reduction: 36.40%

And other relevant combat stats:

Accuracy 105,2%

Crit chance 25.30%

Crit bonus damage 73.81%

Alacrity 0.00%

I'm Scoundrel, Conqueror with a Matrix Cube.

Cunning 3094

Bonus Tech Damage 1368.0

Health 30606

Expertise 2018

PvP damage bonus: 60.00%

PvP damage reduction: 37.50%

And other relevant combat stats:

Accuracy 104%

Crit chance 23.65%

Crit bonus damage 73.85%

Alacrity 3.84%

I'd say my stats are a bit better than yours. Your part-PvE set is behind in everything except a bit of crit chance. I also noticed your accuracy is only 105.2% - doesn't that mean you're missing circa 1 in 20? Would have thought that meant a straight 5% cut in all your Ranged damage.

Edited by Wainamoinen

pve gear, pve spec, pve mentality..

nope, you won't win game with that.

pve gear is fairly competetive, but other 2 isn't.

just by saying you maxing stats, with current set of bolster, means you have pve mentality of over gearing.

you que up with a thought 'i'm soooo over geared, it will be a cake walk' - when in fact you are over 5% behind people in pvp and augmented gear, and you are so far in denial that you refuse to see numbers proving you are wrong.

and relics? are they pve too? with little mark 'wont activate on pvp area' :rolleyes:

not saying you are bad, there are tons of baddies out there to be killed. even my PT tank has her own share of solo kills ;)

Again, this belies the common sense point here.

PvE gear should NOT be better then Partizan gear in warzones. This comparison to Conqueror is crap. Conqueror should be appreciably better then any bolstered PvE gear. Appreciably but not laughably better.

Partizan gear should be right in line with 169 gear. 172/underworld should be slightly better then Partizan, and noticably inferior to Conqueror.

Otherwise, I'll be glad to take my operations bolster now for my Conqueror gear. Or just get rid of all pvp gear, start giving out top end pve gear for warzones, and bolster everyone. I almost don't care anymore.

Bioware/Alex Modny, or whoever invented this can't get this right. We're three months into this expansion now, and it's still not tuned properly. it's an EASY fix.

Edited by islander

• 2 weeks later...

Without seeing ALL the guys gear, it's hard to say how geared or not he really is. However, he seems to be in a good place to continue to grind out the conqueror set w/o being completely steam rolled.

Personally, I don't mind if people in pve gear get bolstered sufficiently to be competitive - because then we get more pvp games. Does anyone have a problem with that? I don't.

Now for my mind, I think PvP gear should give you an edge over PvE gear, but it shouldn't be huge, because I think the pve guys should be able to do some warzones if they want too. Keeps things interesting for them and keeps things interesting for us. If they are skilled enough to win with a slight disadvantage, good for them.

So for example, lets call the best PvP gear Tier 1 (so thats conqueror right now). Similarly, Tier 1 PvE is whatever the best pve gear is (I don't even know the name, because I don't pve at all lol).

Then, in my view bolster is ok if:

Tier 1 PVP > Tier 1 PVE > Tier 2 PVP > Tier 2 PVE > ungeared

If that isn't the case, then there is something to whine about. If not, the sky isn't falling, and it's all good.

At the same time, however, with this bolster mechanic I also think it's only fair if PvP gear isn't useless for operations. Cause hey, I wouldn't mind helping out on operations occasionally. I never do, however, because I spend all my time in PvP so while I have BiS pvp gear, I have nothing in the way of pve gear. So, along the same lines as above, I think it would be nice if you could simply interchange the placings above in a PvE setting. I have no idea what the status of it actually is, but suspect it's a long way from true.

Edited by vermura

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.