Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

Given that its less than 6 hours till the 4th of July I am starting to wonder if they forgot the promise they made and suddenly last Friday they released "Oh **** we said what" and now they are all trying to run around trying to find something to give subscribers. "Hmmm maybe we could re colour a speeder and give them a unique speeder, they will fall for that".

there is no way we'll get something as cool as a reskinned speeder. if they really feel like they did something bad and owe us something, it will be a pet like the taun-taun ram

i'm not saying they do feel they owe us something. i don't think this is the case, just comparatively, the speeder is too much, and if we do end up with a new pet, it's because, for whatever reason, the devs think they really screwed up and are really doing their best to get back in our good graces.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm...

It occurred to me that the cartel market has outfits I would like to own, but only come in a pack and its a random draw if i get the item piece, which as a rule I will never get that way, and thus I don't bother using my pointless CCs.

Perhaps if subscribers could choose from the packs, so its not random, it may be a justification to subscribe. Say you get a free choice in a pack per month, you still have to have the CCs to buy the pack.

Sue

As much as I dislike the CM, and think the "appreciation" should have nothing to do with it. Being able to get a BOA (so we can't GTN it) pick from all the CM items..including now retired packs.. Once a month.. Would not be horrible.

Lets make this a "high expectations thread" and list what crazy idea you think/wish will be the sub appreciation.

So I'll start.

Subs will get a new starship which is exclusives to subs and former subs.

I'm cool with that. As long as it's a real starship (not an in-game version).

'Cause I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable, you see.

I'm cool with that. As long as it's a real starship (not an in-game version).

'Cause I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable, you see.

That would be very cool. I would head over to the moon, check that crap out first.

But again that doesn't stop me from appreciating the effort they are doing for the gift.

1. Effort

We have no idea what they intend to give, so can't really tell it it took any effort or not. Due to lack of info there will be people assumign worst case scenario, so gift comparable to slightly rotten banana or used socks.

2. Gift

Usually, gift is something given 'just because', without expecting anything in return. In this case, they admited it's to counter negative feelings from 2.1 CM patch. They didn't have to say anything, but they did, making everyone expect something. Not even instantly after 2.1, but after things calmed down and peopel stanrted to forget such crappy patch happened.

Now it's no longer gift 'just because we care', now it's PR spin, hush money, "remember mistake we made, because for it we give you this".

1. Effort

We have no idea what they intend to give, so can't really tell it it took any effort or not. Due to lack of info there will be people assumign worst case scenario, so gift comparable to slightly rotten banana or used socks.

2. Gift

Usually, gift is something given 'just because', without expecting anything in return. In this case, they admited it's to counter negative feelings from 2.1 CM patch. They didn't have to say anything, but they did, making everyone expect something. Not even instantly after 2.1, but after things calmed down and peopel stanrted to forget such crappy patch happened.

Now it's no longer gift 'just because we care', now it's PR spin, hush money, "remember mistake we made, because for it we give you this".

You see I didn't have a problem with the 2.1 patch. They put in something everyone wanted and everyone even stated when they were asking for customization that they were willing to pay for it.

I still will say thank you and appreciate what they are trying to do whether you or anyone else will. I still believe in common courtesy of saying thank you whether or not I like the gift or not. I was always taught to say thank you which it seems a lot of people have forgotten.

You see I didn't have a problem with the 2.1 patch. They put in something everyone wanted and everyone even stated when they were asking for customization that they were willing to pay for it.

I still will say thank you and appreciate what they are trying to do whether you or anyone else will. I still believe in common courtesy of saying thank you whether or not I like the gift or not. I was always taught to say thank you which it seems a lot of people have forgotten.

I don't say thank you to people who insult me. not saying they've insulted me, but then they haven't given you a gift yet either, so your 'thanks' is a bit premature.

as a subscriber to a game, i expect updates to be available to subscribers, and include game content. 2.1 did not do that. i certainly don't expect this 'gift' to fix that, but i sure would like bioware to show at least a little concern for their subscribers moving forward. they have done a lot, other than just 2.1, that i feel is not in the best interest of subscribers or the game.

Everyone :rolleyes:

I still believe in common courtesy of saying thank you whether or not I like the gift or not. I was always taught to say thank you which it seems a lot of people have forgotten.

Since it was announced like that I can't consider it 'gift' anymore, but you (and everyone else) are free to have your own opinion on this matter, but also should respect opinions of other people.

And I was taught to not say things I don't mean, lying is bad. Still, too soon to talk about that. Maybe they'll manage to pull this off without insulting anyone.

You're free to say "Thank you" to whomever you want for whatever reason you want, obviously. But whatever they are going to provide to subscribers is not a gift because gifts do not come with requirements. It may be free (or it may not be, that's a different argument) but it is definitely not a gift.

I dont know if i found it but if you go to your account you have a free character name change.

The fact that i got a free rename doesnt mean i can use it. Dat guy who never logged in since the server merge last year.. like seriously...

Edited by ElitehunterDS

The fact that i got a free rename doesnt mean i can use it. Dat guy who never logged in since the server merge last year.. like seriously...

Yeah, the 'free' name change is less useful since we got it 1) After the name change feature went live and 2) after we all lost names in the forced transfers...

Subcriber Appreciation...hmmm...

Hypercrate of Packs, 25 Dye Packs, and 2000 CC would be a nice Appreciation.

What?! I'm being optimistic!

Now let's make it a tad more realistic.

How about ONE token for a free Hypercrate bound to the first character you log into (The token, not the Hypercrate contents), 5 Dye packs, and an additional 500 CC added to your monthly stipend for your login anniversary.