Free character transfers!

MrShmoove

You should prob take this up in the customer service area instead of poisoning the server discussion area. RIIIIIIGHT, Thaaaaanks.

If you can't afford a transfer...tough cookie.

This is pretty laughable coming from the guy who posted for months about how great the population of the server is and we should be so grateful. I have a feeling that if you had your choice nobody would be allowed to transfer off even if they paid. You are the poster boy for misery loves company.

This is pretty laughable coming from the guy who posted for months about how great the population of the server is and we should be so grateful. I have a feeling that if you had your choice nobody would be allowed to transfer off even if they paid. You are the poster boy for misery loves company.

Nice tact. I like how you just call Luni out without even addressing the OP's topic. At least Luni had the decency to do that much. Besides as I call it, Luni never said our population was "great and we should all be grateful" , and if she did, link me the post. I do recall how both her and I have repeatedly said that Jung Ma's population was ok, and NOT a Ghost town like a few vocal minorities were claiming. Forgive us for trying to keep our small community together and in friendly shape. Not like you seem to care anyway.

As for the OP's main topic of free transfers, it is free if you save your monthly CC. 500 for a 1 month sub, plus 100 for the security key, thats 600 CC in one Month. So in three (600x3=1800) months you can get one character off for free, with nothing more then having paid your subscription. (Oh and the security key is free on smartphones, so don't miss out there.) And that's if you just do three months of 1 month subs. You get more CC for 3 and 6 month subscriptions as well. Save up for all the characters you want. May take a while, but in the end, it have been "free" by just paying your sub.

Before you claim its more than that, think about what you get with a sub versus a F2P/Preferred account. So basically, you're pretty much paying to play the game, and then every 3 months xfer a character with the free CC they give you each month. Not ideal, but seeing as you probably will never see free xfers again, its something to consider.

Title says it all. Bioware moved us to this dead as a ghost town server during the server merges from Ajunta Pal. We should be allowed to transfer for free off this server.

This probably would have been a good topic for last year when the mergers actually happened. <.<; But... Jung Ma's population was hardly as low at that time as it is now. It wasn't until about a month after the forced mergers that it seemed a lot of people either quit playing or re-rolled elsewhere. And that was just my perception of Republic fleet population and warzone queue pops at the time. I rerolled to BC at that point because I was too impatient to wait for the added character slots, but also because selling stuff on the GTN was becoming more difficult for me.

The server isn't a ghost town but it is noticeably lower pop than the rest. Its idea of "standard" is what other servers would probably consider "very light." (Those designations vary so much because they seem to be based on what each server can handle and not all servers can handle the same amount apparently.)

It works out to be about 17 bucks a pop for transfers, which is nice considering WoW's 25. And everything in your legacy transfers too, which really makes the price seem a steal. If you're super super unhappy, I'd recommend you move your main off and then follow the suggestion above and save up cartel coins for the other toons in your arsenal. With the next (and last) double XP weekend coming up and starting an entire day early on Thursday morning, you could roll an alt or two on the destination server and level them easily too. =)

I'm wondering what exactly this has to do with anything. Luni did not say no one should be able to transfer they simply said erm wrong forum kthxbai. So your point is you have no point? Good to know!

• 3 months later...

In hindsight, my experience is that the RP-PVP concept isn't optimized for SWTOR. I thought it would be like WOW, where capital raids would have been possible and whatnot. Instead, each area is in its own instance and the only people that benefit from open world PVP are the gankers.

There are two communities on Jung Ma... The PVP'ers and the RP'ers. The fact that there are people playing on the server is not justification for a server type that is not supported by the type of game SWTOR is. I wish it were that type of game, I really do.

If BioWare were to poll all active account holders on the server, I have a suspicion that allowing free transfer to either a PVP or RP server would be a very popular choice. Please don't hold it against people that they continue to play the game out of enjoying an official Star Wars game even though they'd prefer to be on a different type of server.

I didn't notice that the post before the one I replied to was old.

...but maybe that's part of the problem. On this server, July is Page 6. On Ebon Hawk, it would have been Page 9. On POT5, it would have been Page 15. So I guess it depends on what your definition of "necro" is.

Does it make the points raised invalid in any way? I think not.

I didn't notice that the post before the one I replied to was old.

...but maybe that's part of the problem. On this server, July is Page 6. On Ebon Hawk, it would have been Page 9. On POT5, it would have been Page 15. So I guess it depends on what your definition of "necro" is.

Does it make the points raised invalid in any way? I think not.

Who the hell cares? You can leave now anytime you want. Those of us that are here...we're happy with that. I hear EH RP is trash anyways.

Who the hell cares? You can leave now anytime you want. Those of us that are here...we're happy with that. I hear EH RP is trash anyways.

I'm on this server, a subscriber, and playing the game, but given the choice to leave without paying ~$20 per toon, I'd give it serious thought. So I'm not sure what "we" you are speaking for. I think the people that are most against such free transfer option are those in charge of the most established guilds on this server at the moment. They might not like what might happen if people could freely go where they wanted to.

Edited by Risl

I'm on this server, a subscriber, and playing the game, but given the choice to leave without paying ~$20 per toon, I'd give it serious thought. So I'm not sure what "we" you are speaking for. I think the people that are most against such free transfer option are those in charge of the most established guilds on this server at the moment. They might not like what might happen if people could freely go where they wanted to.

Did I read your post wrong? It seemed as though you were agreeing with our server being crappy and ppl leaving. My apologies if I did.

Edited by Luniara

Did I read your post wrong? It seemed as though you were agreeing with our server being crappy and ppl leaving. My apologies if I did.

Thanks for your kind words. I'd never call Jung Ma crappy; I've been a subscriber on Jung Ma since early access without interruption. All I was trying to stress is that the "RP-PVP" server type turns out to be not a great fit for the style of game SWTOR is. It's probably why it wasn't a planned type of server until a few months before launch. And, as a result, I believe it's resulted in a divided RP and PVP communities on the server.

I'm saying that subscribers should have the option to have a full Legacy transfer to another server. Maybe give it a very long cooldown, as in once a year or so to avoid gaming things. So while I wouldn't agree with the OP's negative general characterization of the server, I agree that there should be a no or low-cost way to transfer a whole Legacy.

• 2 weeks later...
Well as the rp pvp server we may need to band together and take the lead and start coming up with some ideas that would work toward rp-pvp. I myself can't type fast enough to hold a conversation for any length of time. So that would be a great start perhaps a system where we can plug in some rp script. I would like to see a couple cantina's with more adult themes not really talking nudity but foul language and unpredictable npc's that attack or offer services a pit where we can wager on" fight to the death matches" with out companions mini games pazaak or what ever it is called. And in the future maybe the ability to attack player cities(main hub) And this planet should be a sand lot with every terrain imaginable desert ,jungle etc and maybe flying mounts day and night cycles swimmable water. Sorry went off the rails but it is a start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.