Pvp gear Is it worth buying at the mo ?

DJHawk

Hi all im just wondering if Partisan/Conqueror gear is worth buying as in October we will have the 2.4 pvp patch with even more new pvp armor.Is it worth the grind again or do we save our hard earned comms ?

Hi all im just wondering if Partisan/Conqueror gear is worth buying as in October we will have the 2.4 pvp patch with even more new pvp armor.Is it worth the grind again or do we save our hard earned comms ?

October is a long way away. If you plan on running ranked then you should forgo partisman and go straight to Conq.

Well after the patch in October they'll probably have another patch with new gear 6-8 months after that so don't get it in October either.

Seriously. It takes about a week of steady play to get Partisan armor so go for it. Then play to your hearts content and get conqueror as you get the comms.

if you let the gear define how you play then you're playing for the wrong reasons.

And the gear gap isn't what it once was, you don't need to grind the best to play.

October is a long way away. If you plan on running ranked then you should forgo partisman and go straight to Conq.

Hi and thanks for your reply.No im not planning on doing ranked im not that good at all.Im happy in normal wz.

Well after the patch in October they'll probably have another patch with new gear 6-8 months after that so don't get it in October either.

Seriously. It takes about a week of steady play to get Partisan armor so go for it. Then play to your hearts content and get conqueror as you get the comms.

if you let the gear define how you play then you're playing for the wrong reasons.

And the gear gap isn't what it once was, you don't need to grind the best to play.

Hi and thanks.I wish it did take a week i am a casual player tho and i have 9 alts.I think i will go for partisan tho and just enjoy the experience then re grind in oct lol.

Hi and thanks.I wish it did take a week i am a casual player tho and i have 9 alts.I think i will go for partisan tho and just enjoy the experience then re grind in oct lol.

Get Partisian then optimize it. Optimized Partisian > Conqueror.

Optimized Conqueror > Optimized Partisian.

• 3 weeks later...
How do you optimize gear? As far as I can tell, the only thing you can really do is add MK-9 augments to gear. Is that what you mean by optimizing?

No they mean replacing the mods that have junk stats for your spec or class. Such as Alacrity ones for Sins to optimize it with power and surge. As well as Augs of course aiming for certain stat break points.

first dont put on any of the pvp gear. find an orange set you like, pull mods out of the pvp gear then put them into orange. at 80k a pop for mk-9 kits, you dont want to do that more than once.
^This is how it's done. Choose what look you want in orange/adaptable gear, something you can stick with, and swap your Partisan mods into it, augment the pieces as you go, and then trade the empty Partisan shells for Conqueror pieces once you have enough comms. Then swap all the Conquerer item mods into you orange gear as you go. This process is already pretty expensive without having to augment more than one set of gear. Edited by klham

^This is how it's done. Choose what look you want in orange/adaptable gear, something you can stick with, and swap your Partisan mods into it, augment the pieces as you go, and then trade the empty Partisan shells for Conqueror pieces once you have enough comms. Then swap all the Conquerer item mods into you orange gear as you go. This process is already pretty expensive without having to augment more than one set of gear.

A bit off topic:

But this is why this game needs an appearance tab. If you want to add MK-9 and Augs you have to pick a armor set you like and stick to it.

^This is how it's done. Choose what look you want in orange/adaptable gear, something you can stick with, and swap your Partisan mods into it, augment the pieces as you go, and then trade the empty Partisan shells for Conqueror pieces once you have enough comms. Then swap all the Conquerer item mods into you orange gear as you go. This process is already pretty expensive without having to augment more than one set of gear.

Noob question: by doing this wouldn't you lose the set bonuses (2/4 pieces) of the pvp gear ?

:rak_02:

first dont put on any of the pvp gear. find an orange set you like, pull mods out of the pvp gear then put them into orange. at 80k a pop for mk-9 kits, you dont want to do that more than once.

Additional trick for those who (like me) do dailies etc. with same class companion or a companion who has some mods in common with you:

- Get cheap empty orange gear for your companion. Or just reuse your level up orange stuff on him.

- When you upgrade to conqueror give the partisan mods to the companion instead of trashing them. The conqueror NPC vendor only wants the partisan "empty shells" so you can keep the mods.

- Result: you get a quite impressive performance companion and you don't even need to grind planetary coms to purple him up. The drop in efficiency of partisan mods vs planetary coms purples is minimal.

Additional trick for those who (like me) do dailies etc. with same class companion or a companion who has some mods in common with you:

- Get cheap empty orange gear for your companion. Or just reuse your level up orange stuff on him.

- When you upgrade to conqueror give the partisan mods to the companion instead of trashing them. The conqueror NPC vendor only wants the partisan "empty shells" so you can keep the mods.

- Result: you get a quite impressive performance companion and you don't even need to grind planetary coms to purple him up. The drop in efficiency of partisan mods vs planetary coms purples is minimal.

^^This plus use legacy gear for both :)

How do you forgo partisan and go straight to conquerer when you need partisan to get conquerer gear?

Heysus....

5 pieces: Relics,implants,ear= no trade in

9 pieces: Rest=trade-in, but wearing/augmenting/optimizing Partisan is a waste of comms because it is not significantly better than PvE gear, which pretty much mean you are forgoing it...... Min/max partisan is better than stock partisan, but not by enough to warrant spending the comms on doing so... You should just swap those comms for Ranked comms. If you don't have end game pve pieces then sure but if you have anything BH/Camp+ just wear those and get Conq pieces transfer the mod/enh/arm into your augmented oranges/purples..

So in the OP, question, "is it worth it?" The answer is yes, IF you focus on doing whatever it takes to get Conq pieces, because they are the only "real" upgrade over PvE+bolster.