Idea for 2.4

Warshades

Perhaps a new WZ.

rule set: 2x 16 man teams (total 32 players)

Objective: (CTF) Gather ammo and return them to base

duration: ?

setting: Heavy urban area. Plenty of blown up buildings and rubble. Lots of hiding places. Minimal open areas. Elevated sniper locations like bell towers. Large area. Perhaps the size of Outlaws Den.

Mission: Gather ammo and bring back to base to fire at the opponents respawn area. 3 ammos are dropped each round. Requires 10 ammo to destroy enemy base. Once base is destroyed players will no longer respawn in safe area. Even after base is destroyed players can still collect ammo to fire at enemy base. Match ends once respawn base is destroyed and all players on that team have been defeated.

rewards: rewards should be round based. 10 comms for each ammo shot. 25 comms for destroying enemy base. 25 comms for win. 5 coms for each medal. 10 comms if your team's base survives. 200 comm max.

would be a cool idea.

if we do get a new warzone, i hope it isnt a node control game. half of the warzones are designed around that it seems

No ****! I'm sick of guarding something. The most important job in a WZ, can no longer be the one where you do nothing.

This engine is so bad and people want 2 x 16 groups???? :D

The engine was not that bad ... people refused to lower graphics settings in illum and everyone QQed about it..

But but but bioware! We can have high settings in 100 person matches...

Ok no toy for you..

Damn I miss illum. Great times with a bad comp

Edited by Kegparty

I've seen more than 32 player in OWPVP in the same area fighting and it's not bad unless you have machine or network issues. With a wz instance being separate sub server, it should be fine.

I do wish there was some more OWPVP things, like base control or some such added on certain planets.

No ****! I'm sick of guarding something. The most important job in a WZ, can no longer be the one where you do nothing.

^ This. Why not serve up something fresh for the next map?

I like that idea OP, sounds fun. Would need good teamwork, TDM, and obj play but still have some elements WZ devs seem to cling to so not far out of their comfort zone.

there could be alot of different aspects added like mobile tanks or something. My goal was to create something that the devs would think goes well with the other wz, while getting away from defending turrets. I know we dont have a good CTF WZ and this is kinda a off take of CTF mixed with a Death Match ending.

So the CTF portion is simply going to get the 3 ammo drops. There could be like 12 possible drop locations and which ones get the ammo drop should be random. So players will need to not only go to the ammo and retrieve it, but find it first, and then protect it while moving it back to their spot. Also since there are 3 ammos up each round, it doesnt become a game of first one to it, give to tank, and super heal him until he walks it back. Lots of different opportunities for fun.

The Death Match portion comes at the end after ones base is destroyed. It doesnt end the match. The match doesnt end until all players have been defeated after the base is destroyed. It also makes for a good use of combat rezes.

And for the setting, I was thinking of something from a WW2 movie like Saving Private Ryan when they are tryin to defend the bridge. Towers or tall buildings for the snipers, alley ways and blown up buildings for ambushes and many different hiding spots.

Also for people who dont think 32 people matches can be done, PoT5 has been running 100+ OW events and they are still barable if you turn down your settings. 32 person matches should be a cake walk. The lag you get from 16 man matchs isnt because there are too many people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.