Codex Entries start fix in Patch 2.2.1 - 6 fixed, 309 still bugged (full list here)

EnmaAii

I am very disappointed with how slowly the codex fixes are coming along. At this point in time, I would rather Bioware halt all content creation and just fix the darn codex for good. The story and lore is all I really play for. As my subscription comes to an end, I will finally suck it up and move on to another game. This whole thing is really just a shame and an embarrassment. I mean. this is an Old Republic game! For crying out loud!

If the day shall ever come when all codex entries are fixed, perhaps I will come back. Until that time, goodbye everyone!

:(

I also very much would like to hope that the developers will continue with fixing the codex entries and thank them for the work that they are doing on this. Please also not only make sure that the codex entries work for new content but most importantly go back and make sure that they check and fix broken codex for all the planets listed here.

Ord Mantell, Tython, Korriban, Hutta, Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Taris, Balmorra, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine Alderaan, Quesh, Hoth, Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, and Illum

By fixing them this is a additional way to give us players who like to explore something to look forward to.

I can confirm Persons of Note - Darth Angral (Knight) is no longer bugged.

I can confirm his statement after watching my cousin play his Jedi Knight yesterday. I'm not sure if this is an accidental fix or they decided to mention this on the future patch note.

You receive this codex upon talking to Darth Angral, after defeat his son Lord Tarnis on Jedi Knight mission: Race to the Ruins. That said I don't know if this codex will be granted to the Jedi Knight players who have completed this quest.

Here is the proof

http://imageshack.com/a/img443/8003/vayg.jpg

I'd like to add clarification to how exactly some of the entries mentioned here are bugged, and why... if devs are reading this (and they really, really should be), chances are they'll start taking bites at fixing something that's clearly documented and explained to ease the task. You might want to replace the text in the first post with these :) I can add more to this list later if you let me know whether these examples are at all helpful or not.

BESTIARY:

1. Akk Dog - (flagged for both factions, fix: mark it as Empire-only)

2. Asharl Panther - (bugged, cannot be obtained in-game)

3. Bogwing - (bugged, cannot be obtained in-game)

4. Gundark - (flagged for both factions, fix: mark it as Empire-only)

5. Jurgoran - (flagged for both factions, fix: mark it as Empire-only)

6. Kath Hound - (bugged, cannot be obtained in-game)

7. Orobird - (bugged, cannot be obtained in-game)

8. Skyslasher - (bugged, cannot be obtained in-game)

9. Sleen - (flagged for both factions, fix: mark it as Empire-only)

10. Vine Cat - (flagged for both factions, fix: mark it as Empire-only)

11. Vulagool - (bugged, cannot be obtained in-game)

12. Yozusk -(flagged for both factions, fix: mark it as Empire-only)

13. Skel - (flagged for both factions, fix: mark it as Republic-only)

14. cdx.qa.gameplay_persistence.string_test.harvorisk_test - (this entry is in the data files and can't be found in-game, but it still counts as a bestiary entry for both factions, messing up the totals!)

LOCATIONS:

1. CZ-198 - (This might be bugged. Has anybody got it?)

2. cdx.test.damion.awesomeness

3. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.faathras_palace

4. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.test.tus_64773

5. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.test.tus_64773_prev

6. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.tus_64773_prev

7. cdx.test.test.more - (these 6 entries are in the data files and can't be found in-game obviously, but they still count as locations for both factions, messing up the totals!)

I can confirm Stronghold One isn't bugged, it's intended for Empire players only and it's working as intended.

Persons of Note - Darth Angral (Knight) now available with new character

but i check my old jedi knight and see what this codex not be auto granted

so it still not work good

be in my list until full fixed )))

Locations - Stronghold One now only for empire and not counter in republic location lists

i delete it from my bugged list.. thanks for info

Also add Locations - CZ-198 in bugged list

It might be a wrong place to ask but I noticed that swtor-spy haven't updated their database since 2.3 patch (Titans of Industry), and with the lacks of knowledge on Oricon's codex. Are there any codex hunters that would like to share latest lore object/codex information and coordination or how to obtain here? :)

Thank you very much.

This is an odd Codex bug: remember how the cut titles were moved to Lost Knowledge? Well, way back in 1.3, a CS rep awarded me the Imperial Scholar codex entry, and I can confirm that a: it's still in the Titles section and b: even though it's in Lost Knowledge, if you open the Lost Knowledge section of the codex it will just be a blank screen.

So those cut title were not fixed after all.

Here's some updates for titles...

17. Invalid Title - There's no title like this in the game data, so remove it from this list.

18. Imperial Scholar - still in Titles category, it wasn't moved to Lost Knowledge like shamfurdispray said.

34. the Hand of Jadus - no title by this name exists at all anymore, remove it from this list.

35. the Emperor's Wrath - this title still exists, it's simply been renamed to display "Darth" for Sith Warrior. So NOT bugged.

36. Jailbreaker - moved to Lost Knowledge.

37. Primeval Explorer - still in titles category no matter what the patch notes said. Wasn't moved to Lost Knowledge, still counts for planet entries.

38. Conqueror of Corellia - same as 37.

39. Paladin of House Organa - same as 37.

Invalid Title - removed

the Hand of Jadus - removed

the Emperor's Wrath - removed

Jailbreaker - moved to Lost Knowledge

Primeval Explorer - back to bugged

Conqueror of Corellia - back to bugged

Paladin of House Organa - title not bugged now

thanks Renonssi

and if find any in another category pls post too

site http://www.torhead.com

have actual info i think

• 2 weeks later...

The Three Families (Quesh): 857, -346

Right after you enter the Three Families palace, it's a hanging banner (may need to look up a bit)

History of Tatooine (Imperial) (Tatooine): 610, 3578

Placard with Imperial Symbol inside the Mos Ila Spaceport, on the south side of the wall. Need to look up a bit to spot it.

Rakghoul Disease (Imperial) (Taris): -445, -360

Dynamet General Hospital level 2, datapad on the bed.

Edited by Danylia

lore - Rakghoul Disease (Imperial)

lore - The Three Families

lore - History of Tatooine

now available

thanks Danylia for info

delete it from bugged list

History of Tatooine - republic side 1678, -3420

Edited by EnmaAii

• 2 weeks later...

Bioware,

We appreciate that you have begun to tackle the Codex.

But:

Codex *and* achievements must be addressed, or you should remove the codex if it's unfixable and focus on the legacy Achievements system instead.

As it stands currently, YOU HAVE CREATED A GAME WITH ACHIEVEMENTS THAT CANNOT BE OBTAINED.

THIS AFFECTS GAMEPLAY, and I still resent the previous comments from Bioware indicating that it doesn't.

If it's unfixable, START OVER FROM SCRATCH, or focus on achievements instead.

WE ARE YOUR SUBSCRIBERS AND CARTEL PACK BUYERS.

To me it's somewhat perplexing how easily most of it could be corrected. Remove unnecessary entries, correct faction flags, change categories of some entries. The hard part can't be granting entries retroactively for characters who've already fulfilled the conditions, because they've succesfully proven to be able to do that in the past, or adding new interactable lore objects to the world. Perhaps it boils down to not having enough staff to spare time for "side-projects" like this?

Interestingly enough WoW has no (or very, very few) achievement bugs whatsoever, and if they discover any, their crew sets out to fix them almost instantly. :confused:

after finish imperial heroic "Hate Machine" on Korriban

now can take 2 codex:

- "the red engine" lore (but still bugged for BH and Imperial Agent) - stay in my list

- "imperial scholar" title delete from list

Edited by EnmaAii

2. Asharl Panther - (bugged, cannot be obtained in-game)

3. Bogwing - (bugged, cannot be obtained in-game)

in latest patch notes it says you will be able to get asharl panther during the gree event when you kill one on ilum.

As for the bogwing i received this codex last night while in the ancient prison caverns on belsavis and killed a bogwing and was granted the codex. I was on my inquisitor so have not checked on republic side yet. If someone can confirm this for me would be appreciated :D

in latest patch notes it says you will be able to get asharl panther during the gree event when you kill one on ilum.

As for the bogwing i received this codex last night while in the ancient prison caverns on belsavis and killed a bogwing and was granted the codex. I was on my inquisitor so have not checked on republic side yet. If someone can confirm this for me would be appreciated :D

Confirmed. Killing Belsavis Bogwing (standard neutral creature, for example around -160,1690) on Belsavis now gives Codex Entry for Bogwing. This entry was moved under Belsavis in the Codex, so Belsavis now has 7 Bestiary entries (previously 6) and Ilum has 2 Bestiary entries (previously 3). In addition, it does count towards the "Beastmaster of Ilum" Achievement.

Edited by Danylia

Today I tried to buy a Hydro-Thinner on Hoth, twice, as the first time it was not in my inventory and I had just coincidentally picked up 18,000 credits from mail and thought I must have sold it back.

Hydro-Thinner can be purchased, but you do not receive the item. This means you can not thaw and receive the datacron and codex associated with it.

Also:

The dead body for the Codex: Caught Between Two Foes is no longer able to be activated for the codex.

LOCATIONS:

2. cdx.test.damion.awesomeness

3. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.faathras_palace

4. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.test.tus_64773

5. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.test.tus_64773_prev

6. cdx.test.qa.jgibbs.tus_64773_prev

7. cdx.test.test.more - (these 6 entries are in the data files and can't be found in-game obviously, but they still count as locations for both factions, messing up the totals!)

Renonssi seems 3 from them unflagged

3 empire only

because i have locations 97/101 (so cz-198 + 3 these entries)

on empire side have 6 additional

Can you check it please?

Edited by EnmaAii