<Lookin Cute Feelin Cute> is queueing for ranked PvP. Other guilds planning to queue?

Getzeitzuu

I don't know what all the hates and stuffs is all about but every time we queued ranked I told ID we were doing so and we took the beating and tried to learn from it.

Granted UC doesn't queue ranked often enough. We have never claimed to be a pvp guild. We are a pve/pvp social guild. The fact that we have pvp'ers is great. Perhaps its different with my other guildies but it seems I am the only one willing to put a ranked group together and I will queue what I want to queue and enjoy the matches. When I get enough people wanting to do ranked WITH me (not against me like everyone asks me to do all the time) then I will invite those people and get it going. I don't want to waste an hour sitting around trying to find people to queue with me.

And as to the original point of this thread, with summer break I hoped to queue more but really I've been vacationing, jamming with friends, hanging out and enjoying my time off from work. So I haven't been online quite as much as I had originally planned. I'm living it up and having fun and when I log in I plan to do the same... ranked or not!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what all the hates and stuffs is all about but every time we queued ranked I told ID we were doing so and we took the beating and tried to learn from it.

Granted UC doesn't queue ranked often enough. We have never claimed to be a pvp guild. We are a pve/pvp social guild. The fact that we have pvp'ers is great. Perhaps its different with my other guildies but it seems I am the only one willing to put a ranked group together and I will queue what I want to queue and enjoy the matches. When I get enough people wanting to do ranked WITH me (not against me like everyone asks me to do all the time) then I will invite those people and get it going. I don't want to waste an hour sitting around trying to find people to queue with me.

And as to the original point of this thread, with summer break I hoped to queue more but really I've been vacationing, jamming with friends, hanging out and enjoying my time off from work. So I haven't been online quite as much as I had originally planned. I'm living it up and having fun and when I log in I plan to do the same... ranked or not!

Sounds great. Let us know if you choose the former.

Had some great games against Death Smile and Wanted tonight. I believe Penetration and Kungfu Treachery also queud at some point. Pretty cool.

I know a lot of guilds are on the fence about transferring or have committed to waiting to see where they want to go like we have, but ranked queues in the next few weeks should definitely improve the PVP experience on this server for the time being while some or all of us are here.

If you have questions about why we're on this server, why we're queuing ranked, where/when we are transferring, or why i'm gay, feel free to whisper me or i'll hop into mumble or something.

I knew this thread would be trolled, but I'll take some trolling if it improves the in-game experience for the time being.

cutie, out.

Edited by Getzeitzuu

Well, isn't it the point of guilds that PVP that are sticking around to queue ranked matches?

I get what everyone is saying about timing & whatnot, but if you're going to be here - even as a trial period to test the pvp scene before you move on to another server, then wouldn't you want to make a post like this to see if anyone stuck around & can help you test what the new experience is like?

I can see both sides, but it's whatev's. all the best to those that want to stay here.

Made lots of in-game connections with folks that decided to stay, and hope it is enjoyable for you. I'm having a blast on POT5, and I'm not looking back again.

Good luck!

I'm not on this server anymore and wish I had the opportunity to play more ranked matches while I was here. Despite that, and the fact that I still miss some friends, I wish you the best luck, and if you want to stay and make things better, do it, it's your game, your money, your time.

And damnnn....what I'm doing here? lol

Had some great games against Death Smile and Wanted tonight. I believe Penetration and Kungfu Treachery also queud at some point. Pretty cool.

I know a lot of guilds are on the fence about transferring or have committed to waiting to see where they want to go like we have, but ranked queues in the next few weeks should definitely improve the PVP experience on this server for the time being while some or all of us are here.

If you have questions about why we're on this server, why we're queuing ranked, where/when we are transferring, or why i'm gay, feel free to whisper me or i'll hop into mumble or something.

I knew this thread would be trolled, but I'll take some trolling if it improves the in-game experience for the time being.

cutie, out.

We had fun and there were some really good games tonight. I think this server can still have a healthy and competitive rated community and the games tonight proved that. I know there are a number of other guilds who would likely queue up, in addition to the 4-5 that played tonight, so I think we have more than enough teams to keep it interesting.

As for all of this happening a day after transfers, I think people who have decided to stay on the server know that there are still some players who are on the fence, and that it's a time-sensitive issue. It is in the best interest of anyone sticking around to put some effort into improving the PvP community here so that those people realize that transferring is not the only option they have, despite what the vocal minority says.

I'm not on this server anymore and wish I had the opportunity to play more ranked matches while I was here. Despite that, and the fact that I still miss some friends, I wish you the best luck, and if you want to stay and make things better, do it, it's your game, your money, your time.

And damnnn....what I'm doing here? lol

Hey, weren't you supposed to be leaving your sorc around to torment us? ;)

Hey, weren't you supposed to be leaving your sorc around to torment us? ;)

Yeah, but since they gave me one free transfer, I moved him too. But you see, I joined a guild with Legend on its name and I'm lvling an Assassin...do you want a bigger proof of love than that? lol

Anyway, glad to see you putting a team here. Miss you and Satori already, take care man.

Edited by JeffSantos

Could have made an effort to get ranked PvP going before transfers went live in an attempt to show everyone PvP here can be lively and strong. This would have also helped to dissuade people from transferring which would mean more people here to really keep the PvP strong.

The Drunk Tanks support Getz' efforts to help rebuild the pvp community in the wake of transfers, and some of its members have been participating in ranked matches, with the hope of forming a ranked team.

We join the rest of the Shadowlands community in wishing the best to those who transferred to pvp elsewhere, and strongly encourage those who have left not to pollute our forums with destructive, low class, low character trolling.

Frankly, some people needed to go for this to really have a chance at working. The ranked atmosphere last night was better than it has been in a very long time, and there are still a lot of very good players on this server. The difference now, however, is that those players are pretty well spread out across various teams/guilds. If people really want a competitive pvp community here, they will work to keep it that way. That's how rated should be, and it provides the best environment for growth and improvement.

You do realize that if 8+ teams where queuing up for ranked at the same time each day people would have been facing ID less. Sure, there may be one or two games of getting stomped by ID but odds are most matches won't be against ID. So, teams would have had opportunities of playing other teams closer to their skill level. And when those matches against ID happen, the team facing them just needs to play close attention to which classes ID has brought in and their strategy. Even watch how they work together then take some time to reflect on the match. This is something that should really be done against any opposing team.

Watch, learn, adapt, think ahead, and always think about what could have been done differently. No one is perfect and there's always room to improve. Hell, even a bad player can become a great player if they keep trying and challenging him/herself.

To be quite honest, it just seems as if people have just been making excuses. But whatever, as long as people are happy and having fun.

We join the rest of the Shadowlands community in wishing the best to those who transferred to pvp elsewhere, and strongly encourage those who have left not to pollute our forums with destructive, low class, low character trolling.

But...I troll because I love. :(

Edited by Dedrayge

Yes, the timing of the post is stupid.

It won't be hard to be the new top dog. Just don't lose. Everyone quits after one loss anyway. You could probably win a few matches and be the new "ID" and no one on this server will ever queue for ranked again.

By think ahead, I really meant to try and be at least one step ahead of the enemy team at all times. It really just seems that people don't make any real effort to try and predict the other team's next move or strategy. This why I prefer the use of cone vision over tunnel vision.

What Zenod said about thinking ahead definitely makes sense. It's always good to be prepared but at the same time being over prepared can cause problems. Sometimes, one just needs to jump straight into the deep end.

This is the best testimonial I can give for Pot5 pvp.

Time out Novare win

Wish you all the best though. As long as it's good competition it's worth it.

Wow, Cap'ium already getting a reputation that they picked on him THAT much? I feel for you. ;)

Looks like you guys are having some awesome matches and I am glad you all have found the competition you are searching for!

You know I <3 ya all! However my one nagging question is then why aren't you pvping instead of trolling Shadowlands forums? Or do you all have days that are boring at work and you just need something to troll to pass the time because that I can totally relate to. LOL

It was entertaining to read the responses at first but at this point I'm kind of losing the vibe and just skimming the topics. In the end it's a game. Enjoy it the way that suits you. Have fun and don't take it all so seriously. But that's just me... I'm a lover not a fighter. Carry on.... my drunken post is just a speed bump in thread. :D

Apparently, mods are going to ninja edit this thread with no real consistency (I believe an entire page disappeared already), so it doesn't look like we're going to have much of a discussion here. I'll leave it at this:

POT5 players: Good luck with your transfer and enjoy your new server. Your forum is this way.

Shadowlands players: We have the opportunity to build a better, more competitive PvP community than we previously had. If you're looking to stay here for the long haul, take advantage of this opportunity. Ignore the people who are all bent out of shape because the server didn't go down in flames the moment they transferred off of it. We all know what the problems were before and we CAN avoid going down that road again. The activity over the last couple of days is proof that there is more than enough interest to make it work.

I would actually. I agree with it no matter who posted.....

/looks around suspiciously

Why.... are you not the White-Ra I am looking for? :eek:

Nope, I'm the other white meat (White-Hart, where tottenham hotSPUR play, for the 95% of you that didn't know. yup, it's those Spurs, not the ones that lost against the Heat.)

Apparently, mods are going to ninja edit this thread with no real consistency (I believe an entire page disappeared already), so it doesn't look like we're going to have much of a discussion here. I'll leave it at this:

POT5 players: Good luck with your transfer and enjoy your new server. Your forum is this way.

Shadowlands players: We have the opportunity to build a better, more competitive PvP community than we previously had. If you're looking to stay here for the long haul, take advantage of this opportunity. Ignore the people who are all bent out of shape because the server didn't go down in flames the moment they transferred off of it. We all know what the problems were before and we CAN avoid going down that road again. The activity over the last couple of days is proof that there is more than enough interest to make it work.

/likethispost

-Ifo, Ifossa, Ifo'lek, Ifolad

Also, planning on gearing my juggernaut now and actually playing it, so if anyone wants a pocket-pin-cushion to follow them around and guard/stun/root/toss/taunt/intercede for them i'd be more than happy. Though don't expect more than 200k dmg out of me as i roll tank spec and kinda suck, BUT the desire is there! Send Ifolad a message if you see him running around he's usually bored and wanting to tank something/anything/anyone.

-Ifolad, Ifossa, Ifo, Ifo'lek

Edited by Ifolad

Lets be real here, if the latest in the line of many bolster bugs was never discovered, it would have not changed the Shadowlands ranked scene at all. The ranked queue was dead before this discovery (which btw, was brought to the attention of the community by ID, and therefore we are arguably responsible for getting it fixed) and was dead after. This was not a case of the ranked scene being vibrant one day and not the next. It was a long, drawn out, period of several months where ID had to either form 16 man ranked or play on enough undergeared alts to satisfy whoever the other team was for 2 games before they quit without telling us.

Sorry, but the part in bold is funny to me. I'm curious as to how this discovery came about.

You're right though, everything else you said was true. Ranked was long dead before 2.0, which I will partially blame on the state of the meta-game at the time (smash-a-bubble-stun). But the truth was that even despite that, our guild would have preferred to play against another team that was closer to our skill level. This is just conjecture now, but I assume that had we and another closely-matched guild done ranked against each other and both guilds were roughly the same skill level, both guilds might have improved. Like I said earlier, the gulf in skill/teamwork was too large for any non-masochist to bear (again, my opinion). Oh, and we switched allegiances from the pub to imp side so that took a month to level all-new toons...

Here's a smiley I offer to the BW gods :D

Additionally, as previously mentioned, we would have had no issue with a gentleman's agreement between 2 teams promising not to use crafted 54 gear, just as we likely wouldn't have had issues agreeing to ANY REQUIREMENT another team had for queueing, as long as it didn't give them a handicap so ridiculous that it would have been virtually impossible for them not to win (having every dps on our team play naked as an example).

Not that I don't trust you guys (I don't :p), but isn't it difficult to prove if someone is even actually naked nowadays with all the covert armor? Just playing devil's advocate here...

What I honestly want out of ranked is for two teams of eight players who are only separated by skill and teamwork/composition. Gear should be standardized, as I suppose it's meant to be but we'll let BW sort that out.

Another offering :)

Now as for crafted 54 gear itself, I have discussed it numerous times before, and as you mentioned, there is a large gray area here, but essentially, my belief is that this bug is no different from the double stacking Partisan and Conqueror Serendipitous Assault relic bug. These were clearly not working as intended yet nobody seemed to have any issue with people using them. The concept that players should intentionally gimp themselves by wearing gear that is worse than BiS is ridiculous to me, and I don't feel like whether or not the current BiS gear is intended to be the best or not changes that at all.

In principle, they are very similar since they were both unintended. The difference I see is that the relic is much easier to acquire (it's only one piece). Also, I don't know what percentage difference the crafted gear gives over full conqueror versus with the relics. All I will say is that I hope you guys found it worth it to augment out all that crafted gear.

In MMORPG's, especially those with vertical scaling progression systems like SWTOR, theory crafting and min maxing are a large part of PvP. People who are smart enough to gear their toons in the way which best suits them will generally have an advantage over someone who is running a stock set of gear. This means that if a PvE set bonus exists which is better than the default PvP set bonus for a class (Force Mystic PvE 2 Piece for example), you use it. If there are certain relics which are CLEARLY better than others, you use them instead of others (double stacking power proc relics), and yes, if gear exists that is good enough that you can afford to lose your set bonus for the stat benefits, you use that as well.

At the end of the day, people have been using whatever excuses they can think of to not play against ID in ranked for months now. Whether it is being undergeared, not having your best team online, corner capping, crafted 54 gear, printscreening (lol at this one), too busy playing Day-Z, us being bullies, or whatever; But at the end of the day, the real answer is that they just don't want to lose, and the odds are, if the only team queueing was ID, they were going to lose.

Really, my point is this: if you guys were the best (you were), do you really need that advantage against the rest of us? You could probably beat most teams while wearing battlemaster gear. I think this argument would resonate stronger if we had a situation like POT5 where there's multiple high-quality teams queuing and everyone is using the crafted gear.

Smiley, BW? :o

Personally, I have no issue with people on The Shadowlands doing ranked, and in theory, I have no problem with this thread. Another server with a strong ranked community will be a blessing when Bioware finally gets off their *** and introduces cross server pvp queueing like everyone agrees they should. Like other people have mentioned, I initially found the timing humorous, which is why I posted in the first place.

Unfortunately, uneducated (or purposefully ignorant) people with clear agendas such as the guy from Drunk Tanks (a guild which has been known to stream themselves doing 8 man normal queues, which is basically the douchiest thing you could possibly do) and Legend (somebody who played with us on occasion on Corellian Run, but for whatever reason, has hated us with a passion ever since the move to Shadowlands) have been using this thread as an opportunity to take subtle jabs at ID, and act as if we were to blame for the sad state of ranked on the Shadowlands, when the real problem was the fact that guilds simply refused to queue if they were probably going to lose. and in all likelihood, this cycle will continue once a new dominant team arises.

I did state that you were the victims of your success, but that's more a compliment than a jab.

What can I say, no one likes to lose. However, the next best thing is to have a close match and there were maybe two or three guilds on this server that could give ID a "close" match. But hey, now you've got all the competition you could ever want for so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Here's your smiley, BW :mad:

p.s. I'm copying this response, so go ahead BW... your move.

Intentionally handicapping oneself can actually be an effective method to provide more of a challenge.

it's a lose lose. either "a" everyone decided to queue to figure out who is now the shadowlands top dog with ID gone. or "b" everyone decided to be just as boring as they were before transfers. :)

Let's talk about the weather.

I say we talk about how people should go make alts on PoT5 so we can gank them while they are leveling.

Err...I wouldn't do that..

Or would I..

Nah..

Mebe

>.>

Edited by Dedrayge

Hi there!

As you may have noticed, our stealth probes have removed a significant number of posts from this thread, and we would like to remind everyone of the rules of conduct in the forums.

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  • Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

That being said, we ask that you please keep your posts civil, on topic and respectful, otherwise we will have to close this thread.

p.s. I'm copying this response, so go ahead BW... your move.

:ph_cheers:

Thanks!

Edited by CommunityDroidEN