ok, enough is enough...

Purge

Played in 7 WZ's tonight. Every single one was already at the end of a loss. Its time to start banning quitters for 10-15 mins. Its so out of hand right now its funny (cept its not... funny that is.)

i thought backfilling was removed once the WZ was very close to being over?

Not entirely accurate.

Alderaan - Players are no longer backfilled into Alderaan Civil War Warzone when one team has twice as many points as the enemy team.

--however I've been backfilled into several 3 caps where it wasn't quite 2-1 in pts yet but for all intents and purposes the game is over.

Hypergates - Players are no longer backfilled into Ancient Hypergates after the 4th explosion.

--so you can get backfilled into a hypergates that's had 2 explosions go off where the other team had both nodes capped and as soon as you load in, them capping their node and turning in one cube ends the game

Huttball - Players are no longer backfilled into Huttball Warzone after 10 minutes have elapsed in the match.

--this should have read "when one team has a 4 or more score lead", I've gotten backfilled into several 4-5 to 0's since this went into effect and it's just wasted queue time.

Novare - Players are no longer backfilled into Novare Coast when one team has less than 25% remaining on their shields and the other team has 75% or greater remaining on theirs.

--gotten backfilled into a NC where the other team had 100 we had 50 but as I loaded in they had 3 capped...game was already over.

I really wish they'd just give us an actual queue system, I'm so sick of getting backfilled into Hypergates, again and again and again...if they took that WZ out of the rotation I wouldn't miss it.

Played in 7 WZ's tonight. Every single one was already at the end of a loss. Its time to start banning quitters for 10-15 mins. Its so out of hand right now its funny (cept its not... funny that is.)

I will support a system for punishing quitters as soon as there is a system ensuring the 2 teams are always at least roughly balanced, skill-wise.

Because right now i can't really blame a player quitting a match when he sees he's just banging his head against a brick wall (an average PUG facing a pro-level premade).

Edited by Sharee

Suck it up. Playing a PuG is like a bag of candy. Sometimes you get the good ones, other times you get the bad.

Last night, I had 0 wins for 12 consecutive games, was stuck with the same n00bs, terribads, and quitting piece of shi* for 4 hours straight. Had to watch the idiots run all over like stray dogs and getting slaughtered, the same quitting scumbag coming in and out and in and out to the same WZ again and again...

But hey, that's PuGs. If you can't accept that, then don't play it.

And this is why even during peak our server Q pops maybe every 20 mins for pvp, yet the que for FP on DPS pops in 5mins.

Remember -- in MMOGs, the typical population of PvP players are around 5 to 10% at most. When you have.. let's say maybe 150~200 people in the station, only about 15~20 people at most, would be playing PvP, in differing intervals.

Cross server PvP would be a nice solution, since it did work precisely as expected in WoW. But as it is, there really isn't any viable solution, is there? :)

Suck it up. Playing a PuG is like a bag of candy. Sometimes you get the good ones, other times you get the bad.

Last night, I had 0 wins for 12 consecutive games, was stuck with the same n00bs, terribads, and quitting piece of shi* for 4 hours straight. Had to watch the idiots run all over like stray dogs and getting slaughtered, the same quitting scumbag coming in and out and in and out to the same WZ again and again...

But hey, that's PuGs. If you can't accept that, then don't play it.

Had 2 people going left on Voidstar, lost against a single enemy which hacked the door however and they left instantly = easy roll through for the other team though we prevented them from hacking the mainframe. Quitting a warzone is fools play and shoult automatically give you only already lost warzone slots to think about if it was worth it.

I will support a system for punishing quitters as soon as there is a system ensuring the 2 teams are always at least roughly balanced, skill-wise.

While I agree with your premise, I really don't think it's possible in practice.

I play on Jung Ma, and we simply don't have enough people to make that happen. As a Republic player, we're lucky to get enough people to fill an 8-person team.

:(

Because right now i can't really blame a player quitting a match when he sees he's just banging his head against a brick wall (an average PUG facing a pro-level premade).

I think those of us that backfill your cowardly retreat should get a handful of YOUR comms as payment.

I think those of us that backfill your cowardly retreat should get a handful of YOUR comms as payment.

First, you're barking up the wrong tree. I didn't say i retreat, i said i don't blame those who do.

Second, those who retreat already do get zero comms for that match, and you as a backfiller do get comms from it (even if you don't lift a finger to help once inside the wz, thanks to the backfiller medal), so in a sense, you already do get their comms.

Edited by Sharee

This again? I only quit a warzone when the team I am on has zero clue in what they are doing. I have stayed for 6-0 losses in huttball, 3 caps in CW and NC. If my team is at least trying to win, ie focusing healers and not his tank for instance, I will stay.

If BW doesn't want people to quit, then it should balance the classes so that the outcome of a WZ is not obvious merely from checking the teams' compositions.

For example, I reserve the right to quit whenever I see that the other team has got more scoundrels/operative healers than my team.