Any tricks or tweaks to reducing load time?

Six-Echo

The load times are excruciating and I'm on a very fast rig with two SSD's in a raid 1 mirror. Other than lotro, this is the only other game that takes so long to load.

When a look at the system during a load, I see slight cpu spikes to 60%, no memory shortages, no swapping, and very little disk I/O at all.

I know lotro put out a gamefile degfragger at one point and it helped me a ton at the time (was not on SSDs at that time).. dont really think that wold help in this case... just thought I'd ask.

Edited by Six-Echo

Can you define excruciating? I run one SSD and average load time is about 10-12 sec depending on area I'm loading into. Corellia remains the worst at almost 25-30 sec (but not Black Hole). Personally 10-12 sec to load a planet isn't that big of a deal. If that were my load time after a "revive @ medcenter" selection, then I'd be totally peeved.

I'm just runnin a non-raid setup with the SSD on my SATA 0 a standard HDD on my SATA 1 port.

Also, just for comparison sake since you didn't include any specs or times:

Core i7-2600K @ OC'd to 4.0Ghz

EVGA GTX 670 FTW Graphics

16gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 Redline RAM (Underclocked to 1333 @ 9-9-9-24)

Cant say as there are any actual tweaks, but you could try running SWTOR "Unleashed" per the thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=529567

though I am not sure that would help at all.

Not sure what else might help.

Edited by Marrkin

the excruciating times for me is corellia, tatooine, and balmorra at roughly 5 minutes

the others are usually a minute or two

Sorry, but the idiot question must be asked FIRST.

Are you sure you have the game installed on one of the SSDs and not a regular hard disk drive (which most use for heavy storage in such cases)?

Sorry, but the idiot question must be asked FIRST.

Are you sure you have the game installed on one of the SSDs and not a regular hard disk drive (which most use for heavy storage in such cases)?

i play on a laptop (not built for gaming); its on the Local Disk thingy (C:), the one with the most GB storage (458 gb free of 581gb)

My drives are slow but my video card and processor are fast and I get much better load times.

I think the video has alot to do with it because part of the loading is just a splash screen while the environment builds.

If the title draws others in here. Camp out in your ship between missions, you get rested XP and the load time is very short. Perfect for in between PvP matches or jumping between toons for crafting and running missions.

i play on a laptop (not built for gaming); its on the Local Disk thingy (C:), the one with the most GB storage (458 gb free of 581gb)

that's the magic of laptop.. I had pretty decent laptop not for hi-end gaming, but could run this game on high (preffered not to).

My loading times took ages too. Corelia, Belsavis.. could take a piss, wash my hands, get something to drink and check my phone and loading bar was still below 80%... and that was still before transfers when we had 30 people on the fleet prime time ;)

sadly, deal with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.