Remember that Free Name Change? I do... heh.

JaceMatai

/shrug. I just had the list of names I wanted with all acceptable spellings and when using my token in game, was planning on just trying going down the list starting with most desirable. lucky for me, I got my first choice. though probably not much luck involved, since I tend to go for less common names.

if you wanted something more common and/or any of the nicer sounding combinations provided by randomize option in character creator, you are probably out of luck.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create a dummy character with the name you want. Then delete it, and rename your actual character. That should work.

Ok, ill try that...with the time this has taken though, it's allmost humorous that such a function isn't implemented...and neither in the cartel market option if i understood it correctly? =/

Edit: Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Twin

we told them we wanted a bulk discount!!"

this. would be nice for eric or someone to address the concerns of the players. also, no NA <-> EU. if you're unable to implement this, let us know why. if you might int he future, give us a time table. it's hard for a rational person to give you the benefit of the doubt when you refuse to talk about it, and people aren't really going to take andryah et. al. serious after they read 5 or 6 of their posts.

guess we just need to keep making new forum topics, since they haven't seen the many already posted.

Wait ... what. It's one free rename per ACCOUNT? phooey, i have a character i dont use anymore (besides to craft armorings/mods) whose name i want to use on my active character. so if i want to rename both characters i can use the free rename on the crafter and then id have to buy another rename thing from the Cartel Market.

drat

Thanks all... email finally showed up.

Instructions in email were same as others posted.

Be warned... if you have another char that's holding the name you want to use... delete them prior to logging in the char you wish to rename.

Alternatively.. use the token, force quit the game with alt+F4... reload the client.. and check your char sheet for a pending (Rename) button on your char sheet.. then go delete your nameholder... relog the toon to rename.. and rename them from the char sheet.

And why is everyone getting so worked up about it anyway? It's a safe bet that the first 10 names you want are taken. If they had done a name purge on older inactive characters, then it might be something to get excited about.

This.

There is another thread arguing about this exact "feature" or service being implemented here. I think it would make this whole process be a lot more desirable and useful.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6481685#post6481685