The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please show what warzone i will be joining

Feeblezak

Yeah, that would be nice. However, making it easier to bail from the start of warzones means that more warzones will be gimped from lack of players at the start. Even though you will still quit after waiting through the voidstar loading screen, that might be enough reason for others to stay. My recommendation to you would be this: get an SSD. My load screens take about 8 seconds I think. Something like that. I'm almost always the first one in the warzone.

I don't really hate any of the maps (unless I have done the same thing 6 times in a row), but I would say my order of preference is something like this:

1. Huttball

1. Voidstar (tie)

2. Hypergate (#1 if playing as my shadow)

3. Civil War

4. Novare Coast

Novare coast is especially bad if nobody can take south at the start - it has the potential to make a really long match. There is no finite time limit.

I don't know about the ability to see what warzone it is, it would allow groups to design premades for specific maps. I would however like to see if I'm joining a "fresh" warzone or one in progress, or a button that allowed me to avoid backfills. I hate backfills and I don't think the new backfill rules were even remotely close to hitting the mark.

would be nice to just be able to choose what warzone we want to queue for.

add a PvP daily/weekly quest that requires you do do each warzone. the daily could be "participate in 1 WZ in each map", and the weekly could be "win 3 WZ in each map"

this way people could queue for the warzones they want to play, but would also be encouraged to continue doing the ones that they dont like as much. the option would be there to avoid certain WZs, but there would be a benefit to trying them all.

this would allow us to choose our WZ and not have queue times for any WZ to really take a dramatic hit.

and the weekly could be "win 3 WZ in each map"

Imp huh? ;)

Geezus Cash...I'm a Pub on Pot5...that would be a MONTHLY goal...at best! And it would need to yield like a full set of Conq gear for me to even attempt it.

As for the topic - I'd LOVE to see simple text telling me what WZ it is. That would be a GREAT addition imo!

Imp huh? ;)

Geezus Cash...I'm a Pub on Pot5...that would be a MONTHLY goal...at best! And it would need to yield like a full set of Conq gear for me to even attempt it.

As for the topic - I'd LOVE to see simple text telling me what WZ it is. That would be a GREAT addition imo!

haha ive been playing more on my commando more lately :D

and yeah i just threw that out there, maybe it would be better for a weekly like that to be "play 6 of each warzone (wins count x2)"

hmm, monthly quests. that might be cool

and yeah i just threw that out there, maybe it would be better for a weekly like that to be "play 6 of each warzone (wins count x2)"

Now THAT is a great idea!!! I should get AH done after...two wz's :p

Edited by TUXs

It would take me at least a month to get into each warzone 6 times. Last week was pretty balanced, this week I haven't seen a single voidstar and only one Novare, and two weeks ago I spent nearly a whole weekend in Huttball and CW, with tops 2 of the others.

I have a habit of always ending up in AH or CW or Huttball for the whole night. I had 9 AH in a row from start to finish before I said screw it and played my lowbie Sent. Guess what warzone I had for my daily on him?

Now had I not won 7 of those 10 AHs I probally would have clicked "NO, HELL NO" if it showed AH on the join screen.

It would take me at least a month to get into each warzone 6 times. Last week was pretty balanced, this week I haven't seen a single voidstar and only one Novare, and two weeks ago I spent nearly a whole weekend in Huttball and CW, with tops 2 of the others.

I have a habit of always ending up in AH or CW or Huttball for the whole night. I had 9 AH in a row from start to finish before I said screw it and played my lowbie Sent. Guess what warzone I had for my daily on him?

Now had I not won 7 of those 10 AHs I probally would have clicked "NO, HELL NO" if it showed AH on the join screen.

i dont think you read the whole thread......

the quests i am suggesting would be in conjunction with allowing us to choose what warzones we queued for. so if you needed 6 Novares to finish you quest, you could queue for only novare.

i dont think you read the whole thread......

the quests i am suggesting would be in conjunction with allowing us to choose what warzones we queued for. so if you needed 6 Novares to finish you quest, you could queue for only novare.

I understand, but I dont see them implementing that as it would greatly increase queue times. I could see the "Enter Civil War" thing being implemented though.

All i need is a little box i can check that says Huttball.

And a bunch of other little boxes i can never check that say the names of the other Warzones maps.

And this is why I hate huttball, it favors speed/stealth. I wish I could check that I will not guard, or how about never want to die. The maps are supposed to favor specific playstyles that we all learn from. Note team work overcomes faster in all arenas.

You need to play all WZs or the Premades would be even more overpowered. Maybe after 3-5 WZ on a day an individual could que for a specific map, but groups in non-ranked should never be able to build a team and then choose a map. Rated with both teams agreeing no prob.

I agree with something that tells me what WZ I'd be entering. Personally, I hate huttball with a passion and drop it every time I get dropped in. It would be easier on everyone if I didn't have to enter to begin with, then someone else could get in at the start.

Personally, I'd rather see it added to group finder, let us pick what WZs we queue for and if one never has anyone queue it tells BW which to replace. Adding to group finder might also let random groups be more balanced. I've done Rep on Rep where one team had 4 healers and the other team had none.

Pre made Group 1: We got a pop, its huttball

Pre made Group 2: We got a pop too, its hypergates

Pre made Group 1: Everyone leave queue

Pre made group: We found an exploit, lets only join this warzone

Pre made group: Lets only do huttball because we've mastered the tactics

And this is why I hate huttball, it favors speed/stealth. I wish I could check that I will not guard, or how about never want to die. The maps are supposed to favor specific playstyles that we all learn from. Note team work overcomes faster in all arenas.

You need to play all WZs or the Premades would be even more overpowered. Maybe after 3-5 WZ on a day an individual could que for a specific map, but groups in non-ranked should never be able to build a team and then choose a map. Rated with both teams agreeing no prob.

I agree with the problems that would arise from people being able to choose map/ format perfect premade and just steamroll even worse than currently, but the main issue with pvp is its currently just not much fun because nearly every map forces one or more players to sit and guard a node- which no one- and I do mean NO ONE...wants to do.

Therefore, 4/5 pvp maps just arent fun because 3 need guards, and one is voidstar.

But id still rather swim the Pacific Ocean with Rosie Odonnells farts sealed in a plastic bag as my only air supply than to guard nodes just to get a win because I cant trust anyone else on the "team" to do it, and losing gets you nothing bascially- minimal rewards, and no progress to weekly.

So, Id rather just queue huttball every game, and play against the best 8 players in the game on the opposite team and take my lumps because the worst huttball is still better than just about any voidstar or node guarding WZ.

Edited by SlimsPicken