need a deserter cooldown for people quitting battlegrounds

tootoofun

Battlegrounds are in wow as far as I know, and if wow already has a deserted buff, it seems that battlegrounds already have a deserter debuff.

Yeah. I hate it when people assume everyone has played wow and use those terms in this forum.

As for a deserted buff for wz quitters, this have been disgussed over and over again. Some people think we need it so people don't abandon the wz at the first sign of trouble, some people think that they have a right to leave a match if they feel they are not having fun.

The main problem with a deserter buff that I see, is it hurts those people that do not want a certain map or maybe its their fourth time in a row getting the same map. So they will bail out prior to the start or they are a back-fill and didn't want the map or it's a no win cause by time you enter. With the limited maps we have and in-ability to pick which ones we prefer is one reason people won't support it. But their is also the server population that might also affect it if your constantly facing the same team over and over and over again. At which point all you can do is wait to later or pvp on a alt in a different bracket.

Institute this and in 6 weeks you will lose a sizable PVP player base.

By all means push us out more.

There are many that just refuse to carry others.

WTB a REAL "STAR WARS" game

Star Wars War Zone PVPVO just lacks the epicness of massive OPWPVP

Open World Player Vs Player Vs Player > Player Vs Player Vs Objective

This games time is fleeting.

There is yet another MMORPG Prophesied to eclipse the absolute best 3 faction open world warfare the real players crave.

Camelot Unchained.

Forget what you've heard if you never have experienced the Mythic days of DAOC.

This stop gap MMORPG called SWTOR is about to be eclipsed.

Al tho when your competitor puts the wants and needs of their customers last it should not be too hard.

How does it hurt you? Those players won't help anyhow. They leave because they hate the WZ or because the team is getting face rolled. What different it makes if they stay?

You lose a 25k meat shield. Besides, sometimes, those idiots can even shoot or stab something.

Also, it hurts the entire PvP community.

People who abandon teammates/WZs repeatedly, to only land themselves in quick winning games for quick WZcomm rewards.. and they don't get punished for it? That promotes such actions and causes consequences for the integrity of the game. It makes n00bs think the only thing worthwhile is getting rewards quickly, it makes them impatient and constantly demanding of instant gratification, and simply spoils them senseless.

Rewards are good, but all rewards are to be given to someone who played it in earnest -- not to sleazy weasles trying to grope at every protruding oversights or possible exploitations of the system.

Edited by kweassa

This wouldn't fix anything. All it will change is that instead of the player leaving, he's just going to go afk on the node. Nothing changes.

Some will do that, others will actually suit up and put in some effort rather than bail just because the other team scored after 30 seconds in Huttball.

The most used "pseudo" arguments are:

1. people having a disconnect are at a disadvantage

People disconnecting are staying inside a group for flashpoints, why couldn't it be the same for warzones?

2. people don't like the warzone/ team they are queued up with

Leaving a warzone before the timer runs down is valid and should not result in a deserter buff... . They could give a 10 second "immunity" window after you joined a warzone during which leaving has no effect to you.

The most "stupid" argument used is:

I'm leaving because it isn't fun for me

Really.... it isn't fun to lose with a bad team... but it's more fun for people not leaving having to deal with bad people and morons which are leaving sometimes ridiculously after the other team scored first/ tapped 2 cannons first because in their "eyes of wisdom" it's an automatic lose? Grow some balls... you signed up for a GROUP play and for the same reason you aren't dropping a flashpoint/ operation group you sure as hell aren't supposed to drop out of a warzone... so get me finally a deserter debuff to enhance everyone's PvP experience because people are being "forced" to play something they signed up for.... or people are rid of these people at least for some time (during which their deserter debuff is active).

people calling themselves "PvP" player and dropping at the first sight of a win they will have to fight for.... b*tch please. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sziroten

Fix the disease instead of the symptoms.

Disease: Lack of ratings. People have to face significally better players and in some cases it's the sheer stupidity of team mates that make people rage. Stupidity they wouldnt have encountered if they had been playing with people their own skill.

Fix the disease instead of the symptoms.

Disease: Lack of ratings. People have to face significally better players and in some cases it's the sheer stupidity of team mates that make people rage. Stupidity they wouldnt have encountered if they had been playing with people their own skill.

You've diagnosed it wrong.

[symptom]

- People face better players, or fight with bad players.

- People rage, and quit

[Disease]

- Tantrum-throwing child mentality

[Prescription]

(1) grow up

(2) man up

[symptom]

- People rage, and quit

[Disease]

[Prescription]

(1) grow up

(2) man up

I'll take door number 1, Monty :)

[symptom]

- People rage, and quit

[Disease]

[Prescription]

(1) grow up

(2) man up

Video game is for FUN and ENTERTAINMENT purposes.

This isn't the peoples court.

Too serious about pixels.

So many take this game as if it was a religion or some other BS one should live by.

If said game is failing in this department for ANY REASON valid or invalid unto the eye of the beholder. Choice is upon the User what the PROPER COARSE OF ACTION IS never ever any one else to chose while playing a video game..

If game = un fun and frustration is maxed by all means power = off.

I am not getting paid for this, In fact I pay them so If I feel like I am not receiving the quality I demand It is absolutely MY prerogative to LEAVE if i will it so.

Must be nice to have no mortgages,no children of there own,no bills,no business in which Obama care implementation will decimate that create a stressful enough environment to want a realm in which one can escape and vent with impunity with out felony.

Justify what ever you feel you must.

Stop trying a dead end goal and accept you cannot control the wants and actions of others.

Simple as that.