Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Only 500k Subs so far?

Sindorin

Where are you getting these numbers from? Link?

A professional industry analyst put the number at 1.5 million, so I'd love to know how you came to your figure of 500,000.

Who? PACHTER? I seriously hope you don't listen to that know-nothing-sorry-excuse-for-an-analyst. He's wrong 99% of the time and 1% is just that random margin of error.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are a Bioware or EA shareholder or employee, why does it matter? Would you enjoy the game more if 15 million people played the game? Would the story coalesce more if a spreadsheet somewhere said 10 million people also played? Would pvp be ruined for you if only 500k people had subscribed by day 2 of the games existence?

I just don't understand why it matters, one way or the other.

Unless you are a Bioware or EA shareholder or employee, why does it matter? Would you enjoy the game more if 15 million people played the game? Would the story coalesce more if a spreadsheet somewhere said 10 million people also played? Would pvp be ruined for you if only 500k people had subscribed by day 2 of the games existence?

I just don't understand why it matters, one way or the other.

I hope you aren't that stupid.

How much effort do you think a company will put in a game if there are only 500k subs.

How much effort do you think a company will put in a game if there are 10 million subs.

ALSDKJFALSKJD it's so frustrating this "piss off" logic fan boys have. Saying, "THEN LEAVE" is about as stupid as you can get. These people you are telling to "piss off" are the ones that are going to help the game get a better response by its developers.

I hope you aren't that stupid.

How much effort do you think a company will put in a game if there are only 500k subs.

How much effort do you think a company will put in a game if there are 10 million subs.

ALSDKJFALSKJD it's so frustrating this "piss off" logic fan boys have. Saying, "THEN LEAVE" is about as stupid as you can get. These people you are telling to "piss off" are the ones that are going to help the game get a better response by its developers.

Just a little tip 6 million chinese subs < 500K Western Subs.

80% of WoW's revenue comes from the West which represented at its peak about 4 million subs.

So I was looking at total server populations and class choices. So far, less than but almost, 500,000 people have been playing. This doesn't seem as high a number as many expected .Is this accurate or is it just a brief snapshot?

Oh please enlighten us... How were you able to determine these numbers? Show your work please.

Edited by Baizak

listen... I dont need 1 million ppl to play with. I just need for my server to have those 3 or 4k ppl a server can handle. So for an awesome game like this... I just really need my server to be full so I have ppl to play with.

I dont know why ppl are so fascinated with millions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.