The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

Beniboybling

Can you quote anymore of it. It could prove useful.

A tremor took hold of the planet.

Sprung from death, it unleashed itself in a powerful wave, at once burrowing deep into the world’s core and radiating through its saccharine atmosphere to shake the stars themselves. At the quake’s epicenter stood Sidious, one elegant hand vised on the burnished sill of an expansive translucency, a vessel filled suddenly to bursting, the Force so strong within him that he feared he might disappear into it, never to return. But the moment didn’t constitute an ending so much as a true beginning, long overdue; it was less a transformation than an intensification—a gravitic shift.

A welter of voices, near and far, present and from eons past, drowned his thoughts. Raised in praise, the voices proclaimed his reign and cheered the inauguration of a new order. Yellow eyes lifted to the night sky, he saw the trembling stars flare, and in the depth of his being he felt the power of the dark side anoint him.

Slowly, almost reluctantly, he came back to himself, his gaze settling on his manicured hands. Returned to the present, he took note of his rapid breathing, while behind him the room labored to restore order. Air scrubbers hummed—costly wall tapestries undulating in the summoned breeze. Prized carpets sealed their fibers against the spread of spilled fluids. The droid shuffled in obvious confliction. Sidious pivoted to take in the disarray: antique furniture overturned; framed artwork askew. As if a whirlwind had swept through. And facedown on the floor lay a statue of Yanjon, one of four law-giving sages of Dwartii.

A piece Sidious had secretly coveted.

Also sprawled there, Plagueis: his slender limbs splayed and elongated head turned to one side. Dressed in finery, as for a night on the town.

And now dead.

Or was he?

Uncertainty rippled through Sidious, rage returning to his eyes. A tremor of his own making, or one of forewarning? Was it possible that the wily Muun had deceived him? Had Plagueis unlocked the key to immortality, and survived after all? Never mind that it would constitute a petty move for one so wise—for one who had professed to place the Grand Plan above all else. Had Plagueis become ensnared in a self-spun web of jealousy and possessiveness, victim of his own engineering, his own foibles?

If he hadn’t been concerned for his own safety, Sidious might have pitied him. Wary of approaching the corpse of his former Master, he called on the Force to roll the aged Muun over onto his back. From that angle Plagueis looked almost as he had when Sidious first met him, decades earlier: smooth, hairless cranium; humped nose, with its bridge flattened as if from a shock-ball blow and its sharp tip pressed almost to his upper lip; jutting lower jaw; sunken eyes still brimming with menace—a physical characteristic rarely encountered in a Muun. But then Plagueis had never been an ordinary Muun, nor an ordinary being of any sort.

Sidious took care, still reaching out with the Force. On closer inspection, he saw that Plagueis’s already cyanotic flesh was smoothing out, his features relaxing.

Faintly aware of the whir of air scrubbers and sounds of the outside world infiltrating the luxurious suite, he continued the vigil; then, in relief, he pulled himself up to his full height and let out his breath. This was no Sith trick. Not an instance of feigning death, but one of succumbing to its cold embrace. The being who had guided him to power was gone.

Wry amusement narrowed his eyes.

The Muun might have lived another hundred years unchanged. He might have lived forever had he succeeded fully in his quest. But in the end—though he could save others from death—he had failed to save himself.

A sense of supreme accomplishment puffed Sidious’s chest, and his thoughts unreeled.

Well, then, that wasn’t nearly as bad as we thought it might be...

Rarely did events play out as imagined, in any case. The order of future events was transient. In the same way that the past was reconfigured by selective memory, future events, too, were moving targets. One could only act on instinct, grab hold of an intuited perfect moment, and spring into action. One heartbeat late and the universe would have recomposed itself, no imposition of will sufficient to forestall the currents. One could only observe and react. Surprise was the element absent from any periodic table. A keystone element; a missing ingredient. The means by which the Force amused itself. A reminder to all sentient beings that some secrets could never be unlocked.

Confident that the will of the dark side had been done, he returned to the suite’s window wall. Two beings in a galaxy of countless trillions, but what had transpired in the suite would affect the lives of all of them. Already the galaxy had been shaped by the birth of one, and henceforth would be reshaped by the death of the other. But had the change been felt and recognized elsewhere? Were his sworn enemies aware that the Force had shifted irrevocably? Would it be enough to rouse them from self-righteousness? He hoped not. For now the work of vengeance could begin in earnest.

His eyes sought and found an ascending constellation of stars, one of power and consequence new to the sky, though soon to be overwhelmed by dawn’s first light. Low in the sky over the flatlands, visible only to those who knew where and how to look, it ushered in a bold future. To some the stars and planets might seem to be moving as ever, destined to align in configurations calculated long before their fiery births. But in fact the heavens had been perturbed, tugged by dark matter into novel alignments. In his mouth, Sidious tasted the tang of blood; in his chest, he felt the monster rising, emerging from shadowy depths and contorting his aspect into something fearsome just short of revealing itself to the world.

The dark side had made him its property, and now he made the dark side his.

Breathless, not from exertion but from the sudden inspiration of power, he let go of the sill and allowed the monster to writhe through his body like an unbroken beast of range or prairie.

Had the Force ever been so strong in anyone?

Sidious had never learned how Plagueis’s own Master had met his end. Had he died at Plagueis’s hand? Had Plagueis, too, experienced a similar exultation on becoming a sole Sith Lord? Had the beast of the end time risen then to peek at the world it was to inhabit, knowing its release was imminent?

--Taken from Darth Plagueis

There ya go...though still Sidious continued to grow in power.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There ya go...though still Sidious continued to grow in power.
Oh, I meant the other part but never mind. Its questionable whether by killing his master he grew more powerful, it may have simply been a brief surge in dark side energy - sort of a moment of Oneness I suppose. And I'm fairly confident that the other quote is referring to Sidious around the point of Plagueis death, so he is referring to the decades between when he became Plagueis apprentice and when he killed his master, or perhaps even before that. So he is not saying his powers increased tenfold after Plagueis death.

That said I'm sure that Sidious' powers did increase after his death, but by no more than 10%. I cannot imagine he would have not reached the near pinnacle of his power by the ripe age of 50, and nowhere in lore does it suggest that the literal presence of other powerful dark siders makes them collectively weaker. But anyway, I'd like to here everyone's thoughts on this. So perhaps submit your own list/what changes you feel should be made.

Oh, I meant the other part but never mind. Its questionable whether by killing his master he grew more powerful, it may have simply been a brief surge in dark side energy - sort of a moment of Oneness I suppose. And I'm fairly confident that the other quote is referring to Sidious around the point of Plagueis death, so he is referring to the decades between when he became Plagueis apprentice and when he killed his master, or perhaps even before that. So he is not saying his powers increased tenfold after Plagueis death.

That said I'm sure that Sidious' powers did increase after his death, but by no more than 10%. I cannot imagine he would have not reached the near pinnacle of his power by the ripe age of 50, and nowhere in lore does it suggest that the literal presence of other powerful dark siders makes them collectively weaker. But anyway, I'd like to here everyone's thoughts on this. So perhaps submit your own list/what changes you feel should be made.

Well this wasn't really the point being made here, point being Vader was strong enough to kill a more powerful Sidious who had surpassed his master yes?...So there ya go.

But I think at a few instances, we got off somewhere wrong. Because it seems we have been going back and forth on this "its only including raw power" to "well so and so done this" so...I mean which is it? We going by raw power, or Force application?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well this wasn't really the point being made here, point being Vader was strong enough to kill a more powerful Sidious who had surpassed his master yes?...So there ya go.

But I think at a few instances, we got off somewhere wrong. Because it seems we have been going back and forth on this "its only including raw power" to "well so and so done this" so...I mean which is it? We going by raw power, or Force application?

Remember that we are talking about a fiction work. There's no oficial way to measure one's "raw power", especially with unexplored characters, like Vitiate and Marek. So, the only way we can have a judgment about his powers is by analyzing how they applied it. So, it's not completely diferente things like you make sound.

Remember that we are talking about a fiction work. There's no oficial way to measure one's "raw power", especially with unexplored characters, like Vitiate and Marek. So, the only way we can have a judgment about his powers is by analyzing how they applied it. So, it's not completely diferente things like you make sound.
This basically. We are gauging Force ability, but we can go about doing that in different ways. Feats are one way of doing it, how they stack up against others is another, and then we have various character statements and out-of-universe quotes.

I think the list is almost done. One last thing I feel needs to be addressed however is Jaina vs Vader. for #8 - I'm struggling to choose a side.

Edited by Beniboybling

Vader as has been stated uses his strength in the Dark Side a lot for his lightsaber duels, as stated in the ROTJ novel, he threw everything at Luke in that final duel, having re-read the novel, he does decide that actions speak louder than words and wants to show his son how much more powerful the Dark Side, is, he succeeds but only at his own expense.

If ROTJ Luke can defeat Vader, I am certain FOTJ Jaina Solo could.

Her specific powers simply show slightly greater command of the Force than her Grandfather wielded, I think the fact she faced Caedus twice in a row and not only survived but won, shows how powerful she was and her later use of Force Speed whilst severely injured to kill nearly 20 Sith Sabers is frankly an astonishing feat considering that the Lost Tribe were no mess abouts they were a powerful Sith organization.

And her command of Force Lightning when she has close brushes with the Dark Side is kind of frightening, especially when you consider it mangled and fried the Vong she used it on, described as deformed, it also killed Lost Tribe Sith very quickly, showing her abilities to break directly through force barriers with ease.

Her ability to change and alter a Force Users' mind is very impressive to, especially considering she could use it to trick the Vong as well.

Then there are of course her abilities in Stealth which are many and numerous and all very powerful, especially her Force Concealment, it worked so well that a Sith Lord of Darth Caedus' power didnt even know she was there at first in their second engagement.

Then you have her Healing Trance technique which has brought herself back from the brink of death quite a few times, which is very impressive considering that a regular Force User can't heal much beyond a broken bone or two, where as she could bring herself back from near death to almost full strength in not too long a time at all and whilst in LOTF this did exhaust her use of the Force for awhile it got more impressive in FOTJ when even after facing down multiple Sith and killing them using a massive burst of Force Speed, she still had enough left in the tank to heal her severe injuries, which she had gained before her showdown with the Lost Tribe.

I'm still not sure about Caedus, he can fight GM Luke but can't fight against Mara or Jaina?...Seems rather inconsistent. Though lets not forget Luke only won against Vader, by tapping into the darkside so he didn't really win by his own merits. Lets also not forget his others applications of The Force, that he did also will himself back to life too, and became a Force Ghost without an prior knowledge of what that even is among other things.

So as far as Force Application, Vader > Galen.

Though as per Jaina fighting Caedus, the books seems to say that she was being amped as their 1st time(this ain't me, this is my source)...as so..

"Despite the ringing in her ears and the gauze in her head-despite her hugely aching skull and the big knot of hurt swelling on her brow-Jaina had never been so filled with the Force. She could feel it in every cell of her body, swirling through her like fire, burning more ferociously every moment. She had never felt so strong or so quick or so alert. She could drive her fist through a durasteel wall, or catch a blaster bolt between her fingers. Despite the red curtain of blood cascading from the gash where Vatok's helmet had split her forehead, she was aware of everything."

Then all of a sudden afterwards.

"Then Jaina experienced an abrupt draining as her Force energies returned to their normal level. Suddenly she felt cold, tired, and in pain, and she barely had the strength to hold her lightsaber as it flicked back and forth, batting away blaster bolts."

So unless that was a different time there, when Caedus wasn't in the picture then...ok fine. But Caedus seems to be inconsistent with who he can fight. Though the 2nd fight, can't be ignored as it wasn't exactly a fair fight being Caedus was more worried about his family and was stabbed in the stomach before it even began.

I mean Caedus' power is there, yet he is inconsistent at where the power is at times. Either he is inconsistent, or he is just not as powerful as he is made out to be.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As for Caedus, we do have some hard facts on him, he was said to be one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time, and more powerful than Darth Vader. Aside from Skywalker, Jaina was thought to be the only one in the Jedi Order who could defeat him, and even she needed help. I think that alone justifies his position above Jaina, Vader and Kyp. His abilities in Sense and Control rival that of Plagueis, even Plagueis ability to manipulate midi-chlorians. Various over powerful abilities such as Force barrier manifested themselves at a very young age. He's achieved Oneness on a level none other has achieve before and has matched many of Plagueis abilities in Alter.

As for Marek, he had the potential to become the most powerful Force user ever, and he achieved much of that potential under Vader's tutelage. That alone speaks volumes.

EDIT: I'm not sure what you mean by your other point. Caedus defeated Jaina the first time despite having suffered a shoulder injury beforehand, having his arm severed, and having Luke Skywalker amp Jaina's abilities (which is what was happening.) And like you said in the second fight he was distracted, and kinda gave up.

Edited by Beniboybling

As for Caedus, we do have some hard facts on him, he was said to be one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time, and more powerful than Darth Vader. Aside from Skywalker, Jaina was thought to be the only one in the Jedi Order who could defeat him, and even she needed help. I think that alone justifies his position above Jaina, Vader and Kyp. His abilities in Sense and Control rival that of Plagueis, even Plagueis ability to manipulate midi-chlorians. Various over powerful abilities such as Force barrier manifested themselves at a very young age. He's achieved Oneness on a level none other has achieve before and has matched many of Plagueis abilities in Alter.

As for Marek, he had the potential to become the most powerful Force user ever, and he achieved much of that potential under Vader's tutelage. That alone speaks volumes.

EDIT: I'm not sure what you mean by your other point. Caedus defeated Jaina the first time despite having suffered a shoulder injury beforehand, having his arm severed, and having Luke Skywalker amp Jaina's abilities (which is what was happening.) And like you said in the second fight he was distracted, and kinda gave up.

Yet were not going by potential are we cause Galen never reached it right? If so then Anakin would be 3rd, given his potential had he not been severed and yet he still became powerful enough to kill Sidious in his older body whereas Galen couldn't do so.

So wouldn't Vader's prime(being ROTJ) > Galen Pre- ANH?

Oh...well I was assuming that you were saying that Jaina beat Caedus all by herself, when there were other factors in play.

Edit: Wait, wait, wait...so Jaina didn't beat Caedus in their 1st duel?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yet were not going by potential are we cause Galen never reached it right? If so then Anakin would be 3rd, given his potential had he not been severed and yet he still became powerful enough to kill Sidious in his older body whereas Galen couldn't do so.

So wouldn't Vader's prime(being ROTJ) > Galen Pre- ANH?

Oh...well I was assuming that you were saying that Jaina beat Caedus all by herself, when there were other factors in play.

Edit: Wait, wait, wait...so Jaina didn't beat Caedus in their 1st duel?

Well like I said, he achieved much of that potential - he is described as 'extremely powerful'. This is only logical given his age, and the fact he had received intensive Sith training from a young age. If he reached that potential, well then he'd be at the top of the list.

Given the potential he had, I can't really place him any lower, certainly not below Vader. We really have very little reason - other than the fact that Vader possesses a wider range of abilities - to think Vader is more powerful. And I'd not sure what this is about killing Sidious, in reality he would not stand a chance. That said according to Wookieepedia Marek did beat Sidious, but apparently that didn't happen in the novel (some clarification on that would be helpful.)

And no, Jaina only beat Caedus in the second duel. I'm nor sure if she was being aided by Skywalker in that duel or not.

EDIT: We also should remember that Marek was meant to be a negative version of Luke Skywalker, really everything in the game and outside it points to Marek surpassing Vader in Force ability.

Edited by Beniboybling

, but apparently that didn't happen in the novel (some clarification on that would be helpful.)

He did not fight Sidious in the novel. He knocked Sidious down with Force thrown debris. One thing led to another and Marek ends up dead, but there was no actual fight.

Well like I said, he achieved much of that potential - he is described as 'extremely powerful'. This is only logical given his age, and the fact he had received intensive Sith training from a young age. If he reached that potential, well then he'd be at the top of the list.

Given the potential he had, I can't really place him any lower, certainly not below Vader. We really have very little reason - other than the fact that Vader possesses a wider range of abilities - to think Vader is more powerful. And I'd not sure what this is about killing Sidious, in reality he would not stand a chance. That said according to Wookieepedia Marek did beat Sidious, but apparently that didn't happen in the novel (some clarification on that would be helpful.)

And no, Jaina only beat Caedus in the second duel. I'm nor sure if she was being aided by Skywalker in that duel or not.

EDIT: We also should remember that Marek was meant to be a negative version of Luke Skywalker, really everything in the game and outside it points to Marek surpassing Vader in Force ability.

It didn't happen in the novel, they never fought. As for where this is coming from, I distinctly remember a quote either in this thread or some other with Sidious stating that Vader became powerful enough to kill him. Paraphrasing of course. Wait so now were going by potential here even when he died? Shouldn't we go up to where he was at before he died?...

But no in the 2nd duel with Caedus she wasn't, she took him by surprise stabbing him in the stomach before the duel, he was more concerned about his family, could have killed her at the end but instead just let her kill him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As for where this is coming from, I distinctly remember a quote either in this thread or some other with Sidious stating that Vader became powerful enough to kill him.

I believe you are referring to the quote that I provided from Jedi vs. Sith, where Sidious states that Vader had become strong enough to kill him, but not to succeed him.

He did not fight Sidious in the novel. He knocked Sidious down with Force thrown debris. One thing led to another and Marek ends up dead, but there was no actual fight.
OK, I suppose I'm not demanding a quote but if anyone has a book handy I'd be interested. Just curious that's all.

It didn't happen in the novel, they never fought. As for where this is coming from, I distinctly remember a quote either in this thread or some other with Sidious stating that Vader became powerful enough to kill him. Paraphrasing of course. Wait so now were going by potential here even when he died? Shouldn't we go up to where he was at before he died?...

But no in the 2nd duel with Caedus she wasn't, she took him by surprise stabbing him in the stomach before the duel, he was more concerned about his family, could have killed her at the end but instead just let her kill him.

Yeah I'm aware of the quote, but to me it seems simply impossible. I mean other than chucking him down a chute while he's distracted if Vader charged Sidious head on, he'd subdue him with Force lightning with seconds. And if my some miracle that didn't work he could just throw him around with telekinesis, and is my some miracle that didn't work he could just trump him with his superior lightsaber skills. It just seems impossible to me.

But regardless, I'd rather look at what did happen and rather than what could. Also, I think your getting to bogged down in semnatics. Firstly there is no blanket means of gauging force power for everyone, it differs for each character. And secondly I'm merely highlighting that fact that Marek, possessing the potential of the most powerful force user ever, should be placed highly on the list. Even if he did not achieve that potential, even a portion of such ability is immense.

To explain further, if Marek had the potential to become the most powerful Force user ever, that means his Force ability must have been close to that of the Chosen One. Anakin himself by the age of 22 had already become one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order, and Luke Skywalker after only 4 years of training became powerful enough to fight toe-to-toe with Vader.

However in both cases they were limited by their Jedi training which encouraged a steady learning curve. Marek was not limited by that, he received incredibly intensive Sith training from a young age and because of that came into his prime far sooner, embracing the dark side broke down any kind of boundaries Jedi training might have given. And if all it took for ROTJ Luke to defeat Vader completely and utterly was giving into the darkside, then I can see no reason why Marek, of a similar age and Force potential, would not surpass Vader also - bearing in mind that unlike Luke he had been immersed in the darkside from day one. Which makes up for Luke having a greater affinity.

Really, after 10 more years I reckon Marek would have fulfilled his potential. This seems to be the standard. Which means he achieved at least two thirds of his potential, potential which would have made him considerably more powerful than Sidious. I mean, if 'most powerful Force user ever' did translate into the affinity of the Chosen One, that would mean (given that Anakin could have been 60% more powerful than the Emperor) a third of Marek's potential would have made him more equal to the Emperor's power. So even my assuming 'most powerful Force user ever' does not mean Chosen One affinity, he must possess at least between 85-90% of the Emperor's power.

Oh and Aurbere, Jaina vs Vader - who wins? I'd quite like to wrap this up.

Here's the TFU quote, Beni:

Murdering Darth Vader would accomplish nothing. Saving his friends might change the course of history.

Seen in that light, the decision was surprisingly easy..

A hail of shattered transparisteel and debris drove the Emperor back from Kota, breaking his concentration and freeing the Jedi Master from the fatal web of energy. Smoking and weak, Kota fell away and was caught by Garm Bel Iblis. The apprentice tossed them the comlink and advanced on Palpatine.

"Good," hissed the Emperor, his claw-like hands upraised between them like a weak old man fending off an attacker. Stembling, he fell to his knees. "Yes." He looked up at the apprentice. "You were destined to destroy me. Do it! Give in to your hatred!"

The apprentice stood over him for a moment with his lightsaber upraised. Its aqua light reflected in the eyes of the galaxy's Emperor as though it was the last thing he would ever see.

With a snap the apprentice extinguished the blade and lowered his arm.

Kota limped up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"That's it, boy," he said with rough pride. "He's beaten. Let it go."

After which Palpatine attacks Kota again, prompting the apprentice to enter the lightning storm (quoted earlier).

It's a tough one to call, but I think I have to go with Jaina, but only barely, in my opinion.

It really is a tough one to call. Jaina has displayed excellent command of the Force, but I think Vader's use of telekinesis is superior. However, Jaina's other abilities are a league above Vader's own. Like I said, very close, but I lean towards Jaina slightly.

OK, I suppose I'm not demanding a quote but if anyone has a book handy I'd be interested. Just curious that's all.

Yeah I'm aware of the quote, but to me it seems simply impossible. I mean other than chucking him down a chute while he's distracted if Vader charged Sidious head on, he'd subdue him with Force lightning with seconds. And if my some miracle that didn't work he could just throw him around with telekinesis, and is my some miracle that didn't work he could just trump him with his superior lightsaber skills. It just seems impossible to me.

But regardless, I'd rather look at what did happen and rather than what could. Also, I think your getting to bogged down in semnatics. Firstly there is no blanket means of gauging force power for everyone, it differs for each character. And secondly I'm merely highlighting that fact that Marek, possessing the potential of the most powerful force user ever, should be placed highly on the list. Even if he did not achieve that potential, even a portion of such ability is immense.

To explain further, if Marek had the potential to become the most powerful Force user ever, that means his Force ability must have been close to that of the Chosen One. Anakin himself by the age of 22 had already become one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order, and Luke Skywalker after only 4 years of training became powerful enough to fight toe-to-toe with Vader.

However in both cases they were limited by their Jedi training which encouraged a steady learning curve. Marek was not limited by that, he received incredibly intensive Sith training from a young age and because of that came into his prime far sooner, embracing the dark side broke down any kind of boundaries Jedi training might have given. And if all it took for ROTJ Luke to defeat Vader completely and utterly was giving into the darkside, then I can see no reason why Marek, of a similar age and Force potential, would not surpass Vader also - bearing in mind that unlike Luke he had been immersed in the darkside from day one. Which makes up for Luke having a greater affinity.

Really, after 10 more years I reckon Marek would have fulfilled his potential. This seems to be the standard. Which means he achieved at least two thirds of his potential, potential which would have made him considerably more powerful than Sidious. I mean, if 'most powerful Force user ever' did translate into the affinity of the Chosen One, that would mean (given that Anakin could have been 60% more powerful than the Emperor) a third of Marek's potential would have made him more equal to the Emperor's power. So even my assuming 'most powerful Force user ever' does not mean Chosen One affinity, he must possess at least between 85-90% of the Emperor's power.

Then it just makes being the Chosen One and being born from The Force all but null and void if someone else(other then a Skywalker) could reach that exact same potential to destroy the Sith.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Then it just makes being the Chosen One and being born from The Force all but null and void if someone else(other then a Skywalker) could reach that exact same potential to destroy the Sith.
Well that's why I said that his potential falls short of the Chosen One. I interpret that statement in the same way I interpret the statement about Vitiate. He would have become more powerful than anyone up until that point which would not include those who came before him i.e. Luke Skywalker.

Either way destroying the Sith had little to do with potential, after all Anakin had his potential crippled, but he simply made the choice to save his son and fulfill the prophecy. Clearly Marek was never destined to reach his potential. So from a story perspective, it doesn't really matter.

Oh and thanks for the quote Aurbere, strangely Wookieepedia records the in-game version rather than the novel.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well that's why I said that his potential falls short of the Chosen One. I interpret that statement in the same way I interpret the statement about Vitiate. He would have become more powerful than anyone up until that point which would not include those who came before him i.e. Luke Skywalker.

Either way destroying the Sith had little to do with potential, after all Anakin had his potential crippled, but he simply made the choice to save his son and fulfill the prophecy. Clearly Marek was never destined to reach his potential. So from a story perspective, it doesn't really matter.

Oh and thanks for the quote Aurbere, strangely Wookieepedia records the in-game version rather than the novel.

Yes I realize that I was just saying, Galen's potential= Chosen One's potential? Given you said he could become the most powerful Force User ever, is what my question is. But I suppose you cleared that.

I don't know what the policy is regarding C-canon conflictions in this case. It could be like the Original Clone Wars show where discrepancies favor the books. I think we should assume that is the case in this scenario as well.

Well Beni guess what I found out? Turns out that Sidious was holding back on the lighting, and that him beating Vader doesn't add up and is more to Writer Induced Stupidity given that Galen had trouble with those who wouldn't give Vader any problems. So all of a sudden he is able to beat Vader, when Kota gave him problems along with Shaak Ti?(As I also recall Galen barely won against Ti) Both of which aren't anywhere near Vader...especially Kota, he got thrown around by Vader with ease.

There also better feats done then slowing the descent of a Star Destroyer. I'll get back to you on this though with more info, but its what I have to share for now.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well Beni guess what I found out? Turns out that Sidious was holding back on the lighting, and that him beating Vader doesn't add up and is more to Writer Induced Stupidity given that Galen had trouble with those who wouldn't give Vader any problems. So all of a sudden he is able to beat Vader, when Kota gave him problems along with Shaak Ti?(As I also recall Galen barely won against Ti) Both of which aren't anywhere near Vader...especially Kota, he got thrown around by Vader with ease.

There also better feats done then slowing the descent of a Star Destroyer. I'll get back to you on this though with more info, but its what I have to share for now.

Ya as usual I already know with out a doubt in my mind Vader would defeat Galen in a fight in RotJ like I said I have already shown evidence that supports he got much better since his match with Galen. Would it be because Vader is more powerful though that's the real question more skilled? abosolutely more knowledgable? no doubt extremely close in power? yes. but who is ultimately the slightly more powerful (I literally think its 2% difference between the 2 of them or even less.)