Hair Styles/Color unlock not working correctly

barbjhix

I've been having a fun time with this one and customer support - finally they told me to just post my thread here and hopefully a developer will read it and it MIGHT get fixed. It's a small matter really, but is bugging the heck out of me. I purchased the Human Hair Style and Color unlock - - and they are to be applied to all the characters on your account - - but for some reason, I was able to access the new options with 2 of my characters, but not my 3rd.

I do understand that if your character is a Cyborg they do NOT APPLY.......my 3rd character is not a freaking Cyborg, she is a Sith and I've seen other characters with changes applied to Siths.

So here is my little problem. I was able to applies changes at the appearance station to character number one, a human (CHECK). I then applied changes to character number two, a human (CHECK). Danced character number three up, a Sith.....NO CHECK - NO OPTIONS FOR CHANGE.

So *** is going on and why can't customer support forward this onto the correct department that should be handling bugs like this??? Ticks me off that I'm doing their job and paying their wages at the same time when I buy Cartel coins and pay my subscription.:csw_bluesaber:

I've been having a fun time with this one and customer support - finally they told me to just post my thread here and hopefully a developer will read it and it MIGHT get fixed. It's a small matter really, but is bugging the heck out of me. I purchased the Human Hair Style and Color unlock - - and they are to be applied to all the characters on your account - - but for some reason, I was able to access the new options with 2 of my characters, but not my 3rd.

I do understand that if your character is a Cyborg they do NOT APPLY.......my 3rd character is not a freaking Cyborg, she is a Sith and I've seen other characters with changes applied to Siths.

So here is my little problem. I was able to applies changes at the appearance station to character number one, a human (CHECK). I then applied changes to character number two, a human (CHECK). Danced character number three up, a Sith.....NO CHECK - NO OPTIONS FOR CHANGE.

So *** is going on and why can't customer support forward this onto the correct department that should be handling bugs like this??? Ticks me off that I'm doing their job and paying their wages at the same time when I buy Cartel coins and pay my subscription.:csw_bluesaber:

If people are using the hairstyles on their Purebloods (which is what I take your comment to mean, as you say it's your Sith, when you say the others are human...and Sith Warrior Human is still human) then the bug is that the Sith characters you saw running around with the hairstyles is the bug.

Yep, pretty much that is what I'm saying, my character is a Sith Pureblood, which is considered "human" there is no level restrictions on the unlock, so there is no reason why the options should not be there when I access the appearance changer

Customer support online and on phone are not helping - they just told me to post my problem here and hopefully a Developer will see my post and look into the bug. The one online customer support person I talked to said that my online tickets had never been acted on - that they had been answered and never "passed forward"......so basically I'm reporting a bug and the info is NOT be passed on to who needs to see it to correct it.

I agree it is a bug. I have 2 other characters that I haven't leveled up to fleet level yet to see if there is a problem with them yet, another Sith and a Chiss - I will try to get around to them within the week

Edited by barbjhix
adding info

I have seen Sith Purebloods with the new hairstyles on them - I saw one yesterday on fleet with the dreadlocks....I had it confirmed by online and phone customer service that the only race NOT considered human are the Cyborgs.

• 4 months later...
I bought the hairstyle pack as well. Is it supposed to be unlocked during character creation or just once you reach the fleet? that would be really disappointing as i was hoping to start a fresh character with a new hairstyle:mad:

I did actually figure this one out after a while and I think it is a real rip off....what I noticed is that only CERTAIN races are allowed the different hair and color combos. Like the long curly hair that you can put on the humans and sith, you can't put on a cathar......Maybe they will allow it in future upgrades, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sith Purebloods are not Human, they are Sith Purebloods. The only species who has access to the Human hairs and colours are Humans.

Yes you can use the same hair features on a Sith Pureblood as you can a Human. I have the long, curly red hair on my female Sith Pureblood.

• 2 years later...