The Portable Chair is a SCAM!

Darth_Nemisis

Let's see those hard numbers.

What hard numbers are needed? I've spent enough time on RP servers to know that probably like 60% of people on RP servers don't actually RP, whereas most people on PvP servers are there for PvP. The PvP community is definitely bigger.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not much of a roleplayer, but sorry to hear about that. I know this is one big feature they've been wanting for quite some time, sucks it's not what you thought.

Thanks mate, but really its just another way that Bioware continues to let the RP community down.

A slap in the face. Geez. That implies they did on purpose to annoy RPers. Talk about foil hat time.

Bring out a item people have asked for, make it something its really not, then act surprised when people get annoyed? Your a funny guy, but not very smart.

How about the next time your bored, you go and imagine yourself in a new operation, or go imagine that PVP is balanced and fun and not full of stunlocks and OP classes?

LOL. Gotta love how they think that's a valid response as to why RPers shouldn't want more but they'd QQ till world's end if they received a post like that from BW.

Wow really? They pawned that off on us? Your right mate, that IS a rip off!

Well, it's a rerelease of the item without the Social Level requirement, which is a main reason why most of that stuff goes unused.

i think 'scam' is fair

Nope. Scam is not fair.

Scamming implies that someone is tricking someone else. Bioware didn't trick the OP. The OP made a wrong assumption based on his personal feelings of what he wanted the item to be. It would've been a scam if it was advertised as a normal sitting chair or a mount, but it wasn't.

I'm sorry, but trying to make things seem worse than they are and trying to blame Bioware for something they did not do wrong, is neither constructive criticism nor "fair"

It really doesn't matter if it is a scam or not.

A 10 second out of combat heal that looks like a chair is pretty useless to anyone, and someone at BW should have been able to see that.

What's the point of looking like you're sitting in a chair for 10 seconds, when you could already fly a model airplane, go into carbonite, deploy a portable kolto tank.... it's a lame animation compaired to those.

The only people that were going ot be excited about a chair to sit in were the RP people... and 10 seconds of "chair time" Is worse than useless to them..... it's more like blantant trolling.

The only people that were going ot be excited about a chair to sit in were the RP people... and 10 seconds of "chair time" Is worse than useless to them..... it's more like blantant trolling.

Someone who gets it. Thank you for being here among this crowd of Intellectual Giants.

A 10 second out of combat heal that looks like a chair is pretty useless to anyone, and someone at BW should have been able to see that.

What's the point of looking like you're sitting in a chair for 10 seconds, when you could already fly a model airplane, go into carbonite, deploy a portable kolto tank.... it's a lame animation compaired to those.

It's precisely as useless/cool/stupid/awesome as flying a model airplane, going into carbonite or deploying a kolto tank.

Different people like different things.

They are adding options.

We're going to complain about variety too, now? :rolleyes:

Edited by TheNahash

It's precisely as useless/cool/stupid/awesome as flying a model airplane, going into carbonite or deploying a kolto tank.

They are adding options.

So different is good as long as it isn't for the RPers? Ooookay.

help me out here, but where does it say the chair has a timer in MULTIPLE places?

this thread it seemed uncertain:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=649839&page=2

and on that thread was a dev comment directing people here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130611

which shows a person sitting in a chair and does not include a timer. the toon on the chair isn't holding coffee, so i'll just assume you were confused when you wrote that part.

did YOU assume the chair would have a timer because YOU decided that it SHOULD perform certain function YOU want it to? makes no sense to me why you're berating the OP for exhibiting the same behavior you're exhibiting. from what i've seen, the picture of the chair was released without text clarifying how it functioned. so what's the difference between you assuming it's on a timer and the OP assuming bioware would release something that their players had actually asked for?

OP COULD have read the actual description of the chair before using it.

OP could have ALSO gone into collections interface and read the description there, before even buying packs.

when I saw the chair, I didn't know what function it would perform so contrary to your post, I have actually assumed NOTHING. instead of going.. omg, we are getting roleplaying chairs!" I went.. well lets read the description of what the item actually does.

oh.. right, same as Kolto tank etc. ok.

the difference between us is that instead of building up expectations based on a single picture and zero promises made about sittable chairs (the only thing that developers said about chairs, remember, was that it would be difficult and time consuming to reprogram existing chairs to be clickable and sittable), I actually read the information about the item before investing into it, let alone using it.

edited to add.

there's a difference between saying variety is good and denouncing something because it doesn't work the way you want it it.

its not about "hating rpers" or what not. but yelling "scam!" about an item in a series of similar items - toys. just because it doesn't serve a purpose you want it to serve? is neither constructive nor reasonable.

no, you shouldn't be silent. if you want features for role playing - of course you should ask for them. OP's post? was not asking. it was to me at least, embarrassing.

Edited by Jeweledleah

So different is good as long as it isn't for the RPers? Ooookay.

Nope, I never said that.

But this item was obviously NOT MEANT for RPers.

Complaining about the fact RPers still don't have many of the things they've asked for, is acceptable and they are right.

Complaining about NON-RP items that someone assumed wrongly that they were for RPers when no one promised them they would be, is not.

Hope that clears it up for you ;)

Edited by TheNahash

WOW! you seriously hit the nail on the head sir.

OP COULD have read the actual description of the chair before using it.

OP could have ALSO gone into collections interface and read the description there, before even buying packs.

when I saw the chair, I didn't know what function it would perform so contrary to your post, I have actually assumed NOTHING. instead of going.. omg, we are getting roleplaying chairs!" I went.. well lets read the description of what the item actually does.

oh.. right, same as Kolto tank etc. ok.

the difference between us is that instead of building up expectations based on a single picture and zero promises made about sittable chairs (the only thing that developers said about chairs, remember, was that it would be difficult and time consuming to reprogram existing chairs to be clickable and sittable), I actually read the information about the item before investing into it, let alone using it.

edited to add.

there's a difference between saying variety is good and denouncing something because it doesn't work the way you want it it.

its not about "hating rpers" or what not. but yelling "scam!" about an item in a series of similar items - toys. just because it doesn't serve a purpose you want it to serve? is neither constructive nor reasonable.

no, you shouldn't be silent. if you want features for role playing - of course you should ask for them. OP's post? was not asking. it was to me at least, embarrassing.

Or prehaps I choose my words quite carefully, to the point I wanted attention drawn to this matter. Had I said for my post "I hate this Portable Chair" then like 5 people would have posted and that would be it, instead I created a *****torm and now its 8 pages long and will deffiantly get their attention. Mission accomplished.

They are adding options.

I'm sorry, I didn't even think about it that way....adding a out of combat heal that looks like you're relaxing in a chair ...

Now after downing a boss we can re-enact "the view"

Here's to hoping that the next OOCH item is a barbeque grill. !!

/sarcasm off

Edited by Cleet_Xia

Or prehaps I choose my words quite carefully, to the point I wanted attention drawn to this matter. Had I said for my post "I hate this Portable Chair" then like 5 people would have posted and that would be it, instead I created a *****torm and now its 8 pages long and will deffiantly get their attention. Mission accomplished.

"I hate this portable chair" is not a constructive comment either.

you did get your attention though, what is the saying - any publicity is a good publicity? even if it makes you look bad? just as long as you are seen.

They are adding options.

Yes, when they are making a variety of useless items that take away from things that need their attention, I will complain. I pay for this game, I have paid since beta, so I think that gives me a right to call it as I see it. And please get off the SCAM bus, I already said it was NOT a scam, but it got people to take a look at the issue did'ent it? Like I said, I did what I set out to do, shine a big light on a steaming pile of crap known as the portable chair and its 10 seconds of uselessness. Who cares if it heals you, I got a ability in my hotbar that does that. Thanks for trolling now shoo, the EA fanboi clubhouse is ----> way.

Edited by Darth_Nemisis

I'm sorry, I didn't even think about it that way....adding a out of combat heal that looks like you're relaxing in a chair ...

Now after downing a boss we can re-enact "the view"

Here's to hoping that the next OOCH item is a barbeque grill. !!

/sarcasm off

You are so right. Because after downing a boss it just makes so much more sense to start flying my miniature airplane :rolleyes:

I don't think there's a point to this thread other than, as the OP said himself, to get the attention he was seeking.

Also, it's funny how people just refuse to accept that they were wrong.

Yes, when they are making a variety of useless items that take away from things that need their attention, I will complain. I pay for this game, I have paid since beta, so I think that gives me a right to call it as I see it. And please get off the SCAM bus, I already said it was NOT a scam, but it got people to take a look at the issue did'ent it? Like I said, I did what I set out to do, shine a big light on a steaming pile of crap known as the portable chair and its 10 seconds of uselessness. Who cares if it heals you, I got a ability in my hotbar that does that. Thanks for trolling now shoo, the EA fanboi clubhouse is ----> way.

What?

I got a response?

I thought you only responded to people who agree with you, just to tell them that they "nailed" it.

Oh, lucky me.

But since you replied, I already said that RPers should get some of the stuff they have been asking for.

Complaining about other additions to the game, or rather, refusing to accept you were wrong to assume it would be what you wanted and then trying to make it look like a conscious effort to get BW's attention is wrong. It doesn't help you or the RPers as much as you think.But, whatever floats your boat.

Thanks for trolling now shoo, the EA fanboi clubhouse is ----> way.

Sorry, didn't realize I was in the "you don't agree with me, you're a fanboi" clubhouse.

I'll let you guys continue QQing and trying to make people believe you had a master plan in mind when you created the thread. :D

Edited by TheNahash

"I hate this portable chair" is not a constructive comment either.

you did get your attention though, what is the saying - any publicity is a good publicity? even if it makes you look bad? just as long as you are seen.

Perhaps I should point out that, every Developer who ever spoke up for RP, ever fought for RP, or gave a damn about RP, got laid off before F2P.

They're quite happy to leave the RP crowd in obscurity, we're a minority in this game, I would dare say that 1 in every 50 players is a Roleplayer. So yes, they don't notice us, they don't cater to us. I very much doubt if any RP issues even get discussed at their staff meetings.

When was the last time an RP feature got put into the game? And I don't mean Cartel Market junk designed to milk the players for money.

When was the last time a core game mechanic was implemented which caters to the RP players? Someone please just name one if you can.

Edited by The_Raven_Lord