Don't forget to hit the lights!

Kontraz

After a heated altercation with Bioware customer support, which took place over the course of 3 1/2 hours (3 hours of which I was on hold at various points for transfers, bounce backs, and disconnects, all on Bioware's part) I have decided to leave the game.

The issue? Cartel Coins. Not that I hate them, quite the opposite - I wanted to purchase some. Due to a transaction limit (note - not amount limit, but number of transactions cannot exceed an unspecified number, of which cannot be very high since I don't purchase much often) all purchases are now on hold for a minimum of 30 days on my account. This includes subscription purchases, meaning my sub will lapse and I will be forced by their own system to go F2P.

Well, sorry, considering what I mainly do is PvP and I can't do that as F2P, nor can I purchase weekly passes with cartel coins since you won't let me do that either, I am taking this as a sign to just get out before the game gets even worse.

This saddens me greatly, as Bioware used to be my favorite gaming company without question. However now I am at the point that I am outright refusing to ever purchase anything affiliated with either Bioware or EA. Yeah yeah, I know this is just another QQ thread and I'll probably be flamed for it, but I just felt the need to leave with a parting rant.

I wish the community the best, as they are by and large the only things keeping this sorry game afloat.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. There is a limit that applies to everyone. Keeps gambling addicts from overdoing it and keeps down Credit card fraud for disputed charges. Also keeps someone with a stolen CC from just purchasing 10K work of cartel coins. It's not a big deal. But, if you feel like taking your ball and going home, over something this small, that is up to you.

Yep. There is a limit that applies to everyone. Keeps gambling addicts from overdoing it and keeps down Credit card fraud for disputed charges. Also keeps someone with a stolen CC from just purchasing 10K work of cartel coins. It's not a big deal. But, if you feel like taking your ball and going home, over something this small, that is up to you.

lol...really?

The OP's complaint is a pretty reasonable one.

lol...really?

The OP's complaint is a pretty reasonable one.

I think the OP needs to understand there are limitations on all sorts of things. Debit cards have a limit for how much you can withdraw. Credit cards have a limit for how much you can spend. Cars have a speed limit to keep them as safe as possible to drive. All things have some sort of limit to them. This is a Game, Rated T for teens, online. I just don't see "Why can't I spend 10k dollars on Cartel Coins" as being a world first problem.

After a heated altercation with Bioware customer support, which took place over the course of 3 1/2 hours (3 hours of which I was on hold at various points for transfers, bounce backs, and disconnects, all on Bioware's part) I have decided to leave the game.

The issue? Cartel Coins. Not that I hate them, quite the opposite - I wanted to purchase some. Due to a transaction limit (note - not amount limit, but number of transactions cannot exceed an unspecified number, of which cannot be very high since I don't purchase much often) all purchases are now on hold for a minimum of 30 days on my account. This includes subscription purchases, meaning my sub will lapse and I will be forced by their own system to go F2P.

Well, sorry, considering what I mainly do is PvP and I can't do that as F2P, nor can I purchase weekly passes with cartel coins since you won't let me do that either, I am taking this as a sign to just get out before the game gets even worse.

This saddens me greatly, as Bioware used to be my favorite gaming company without question. However now I am at the point that I am outright refusing to ever purchase anything affiliated with either Bioware or EA. Yeah yeah, I know this is just another QQ thread and I'll probably be flamed for it, but I just felt the need to leave with a parting rant.

I wish the community the best, as they are by and large the only things keeping this sorry game afloat.

Don't physical game cards bypass that? I know physical CC cards bypass the CC limit.

I think the OP needs to understand there are limitations on all sorts of things. Debit cards have a limit for how much you can withdraw. Credit cards have a limit for how much you can spend. Cars have a speed limit to keep them as safe as possible to drive. All things have some sort of limit to them. This is a Game, Rated T for teens, online. I just don't see "Why can't I spend 10k dollars on Cartel Coins" as being a world first problem.

I feel like the bigger problem here is the inability to pay for subscription, not so much the inability to spend thousands on Cartel Coins. Just because you buy a bunch of coins doe snot mean you should be forced to go F2P for a while. Either that or they should put in warnings before your 6-9th purchases.

A little more info so you can understand why this is BS. I received multiple answers throughout my experience with customer service today. The first was it is a known issue and a number of customers are experiencing this. The second was that it was an issue with my bank who placed a hold on my card (which wasn't true, I called the bank before anything). The third was that there was a pending transaction that my bank hadn't put through, to which I called them on, since I was looking at my statement which had no pending transactions associated with the game. Finally they said "oh well... um.... TRANSACTION LIMIT!"

Wow. Normally I respect what blues have to say. But this is just...ugh...like you're being paid by Bioware to troll the OP.

Wow. Normally I respect what blues have to say. But this is just...ugh...like you're being paid by Bioware to troll the OP.

He's not a Bioware employee, he's just using blue font. Blizzard employees use blue, Bioware employees use yellow. ;)

I completely agree that there should be limits on the amount of Cartel Coins someone can purchase, especially with the lottery packs in place, but to refuse someone from subscribing is kind of silly. I don't think Bioware's in a place right now where they can be like "No, sorry, we don't need any more subscribers. Thanks though."

It seems that their blocking system should be better defined and should only apply to Cartel Coin purchases.

I feel like the bigger problem here is the inability to pay for subscription, not so much the inability to spend thousands on Cartel Coins. Just because you buy a bunch of coins doe snot mean you should be forced to go F2P for a while. Either that or they should put in warnings before your 6-9th purchases.

Millions of people and their families worldwide are suffering from subscription addiction. Its a real problem.

No trying to troll anyone. Nor am I paid by Bioware. Also, the color, is just a personal choice. It has no special meaning for anyone but me. I personally am unfamiliar with the OPs bank, or their policies on number of charges, or how Bioware handles the number of charges in a Daily/Monthly period.

All I was saying was, there should be a limit on purchasing coins to prevent any types of addictive behavior from getting worse, and to eliminate potential card fraud. Personally, I have been subbed again for a few months, and in that time I've made a dozen purchases for CCs and paid my sub. Then again, I have a debit card I use for my sub, and I use my Mastercard for my other purchases.

I can understand the frustration, but there is always a better solution than just shouting at the rain and walking away. Maybe, instead of how this thread started with frustration and ended with the "I'm going home" speech, it could have been something more like: "Please explain the limitations and let's see if there is another way to pay rather than having my bank lock up for suspicious activity". Maybe the OP should buy the Cartel Cards and submit those for coins instead. It might prevent future issues.

I completely agree that there should be limits on the amount of Cartel Coins someone can purchase, especially with the lottery packs in place, but to refuse someone from subscribing is kind of silly. I don't think Bioware's in a place right now where they can be like "No, sorry, we don't need any more subscribers. Thanks though."

It seems that their blocking system should be better defined and should only apply to Cartel Coin purchases.

It's not that they don't want the Sub, they just need another card that has not been declined by the bank. Easy fix would be to get gametime cards at the store and only use the bank card for CC purchases. That way, if the card goes "over the authorization" limit, his gameplay is undisturbed.

A little more info so you can understand why this is BS. I received multiple answers throughout my experience with customer service today. The first was it is a known issue and a number of customers are experiencing this. The second was that it was an issue with my bank who placed a hold on my card (which wasn't true, I called the bank before anything). The third was that there was a pending transaction that my bank hadn't put through, to which I called them on, since I was looking at my statement which had no pending transactions associated with the game. Finally they said "oh well... um.... TRANSACTION LIMIT!"

Go buy a physical card move the transaction to another credit/debit card but if you don't wanna do that .......can I haz your stuffs before you go?

Bioware used to be my favorite gaming company without question.

The BW company you knew no longer exists, it is now fully EA who commands.

"We are the EA. Lower your reputation and surrender your souls. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your ideas will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

:p

Edited by Pistols

Do you even lift, bro?

It's a flawed system that they have. It's not like the CS rep can just *wave hand* and undo this for you. They can simply try to explain what happened so that you can be mindful of it in the future.

Again, it is a flawed system, but as people have mentioned, there are ways around it. Good luck, bro.

As stated, it is not the amount spent but the number of transactions. And it is stated nowhere that this could happen, they have no provisions to undo it, and ill be a pickle in a monkey's ars before i go through the hassle of finding a time card when i have a perfectly good cc right here that is good enough for the rest of the internets. Though i only (!) spent an hour and some on hold listening to their 4 min loop of scratchy music to be told to get bent, myself ( the second time, the first time the witch hung up on me when i asked for a case number because they claimed it was my bank doing it, which i knew full well it wasn't, but to remove the argument i was going to call them and call back)

Edit- Oya and the fun part is, even attempts count. So say you hit the daily or weekly limit, then try again, cause you think maybe you did something wrong. Well it's ticking. Now it says to wait 24 hours, weeeell you better not try 23 hours later cause that ticks too. So now you are locked for longer, but you still have no clue how long. So maybe you wait a few days now, and same message. But that just ticked you into a month long block. Still no idea why until you call them though. And even then only if you hit one that actually tells you.

Edited by Jadhur