Why resolve is failing, and a fix.

Pernt

As it stands, it takes two consecutive 4 second stuns to fill your resolve bar. What this means is, a player can be stunned, use their stun break, and be immediately stunned again with no recourse but to loose control of their character for the full duration. In huttball for example, caught on a fire pit, this is certain death. I see this as a major source of the ill feelings about CC and resolve, even if many have not realized it yet.

My suggestion is to add a resolve building component to the stun break that adds the same ammount as a 4 second stun, thus filling your bar, and giving you at least a short immunity. I believe this retains balance, because if a players stun break is on cooldown they can still be back to back stunned, but if they were smart and saved it, they can at least feel they have some ability to intelligently affect the outcome of the situation.

I believe that minus its few shortcommings, resolve can be made into a viable system for us, and by pointing out specific situations where it fails, we can move toward resolutions that benefit us all.

Mine is but one voice, so please leave some feedback, and maybe we can see some movement on this and other issues like it.

Over use of crowd control of all kinds is where PVP fails right now. Stuns are part of the issue, and this would be an elegant fix, but being knocked back 4 times then force pulled or grappling hooked over and over again also isn't fun for many.

CC should be a strategic action, one that when used at the right time can be the difference between victory and failure. It shouldn't be something any idiot can spam and be effective at.

No, if you think about it, resolve bar works better than DR. It's just most people don't understand how it works.

except right now it doesnt work. checked this last night. full resolve bar and the only thing affected where knockbacks. i was immune. other than that i was still taking full duration stuns/snares

except right now it doesnt work. checked this last night. full resolve bar and the only thing affected where knockbacks. i was immune. other than that i was still taking full duration stuns/snares

Snare is not affect by resolve and vice versa. Snare along is the only cc that will always work regardless of resolve bar.

Second, what you are describing is that you still suffer the full duration of the last stun that make your resolve bar full.

Find another player to duel and you will see, first stun half bar, second stun full bar, but immunity doesn't remove all exist stun.

Nerfing CC into oblivion is not a viable fix.

For ranged classes, CC is just an extra benefit that allows them to mess with opponents.

But for melee classes, CC is an integral part of the tactics involving closing to a range where some damage can be done. The balance is OK where it is now, but reducing the CC would put too much favor on ranged classes.

If the more serious CC are reduced, such as stun, melee classes would at the least need an extra root ability to maintain the balance.

CC is fine. As a matter of fact, there is less CC in this game than I've seen in any other MMO I've played.

In other news, CC Breaker abilities are your friend. Use them judiciously.

So when I look at my FULL resolve bar while still getting kicked in the crackers by a smuggler, sitting in the full duration of that move, that is fine?

That's the TOPIC of this thread, messed up RESOLVE, not your CC breaker

So when I look at my FULL resolve bar while still getting kicked in the crackers by a smuggler, sitting in the full duration of that move, that is fine?

That's the TOPIC of this thread, messed up RESOLVE, not your CC breaker

If you had saved your CC breaker, you wouldn't be sitting there stunned with full resolve. I can't say with certainty that there aren't bugs with the system, but it works fine for me. Stunned twice, break it, then completely immune to everything except snares for something like 12 seconds.

EDIT: And actually the OP is suggesting a change to the breaker hah

Edited by Lymain