Scum and Villainy Secret Boss

i was on the PTS when trying to figure out how to hatch the egg and how to get the taunta.

neither of those were figured out during the month they were on the PTS. the tat location for hatching and the location for the nvsccs were both figured out after it went live. neither of those solutions were obvious

I found this on Reddit:

contains some mention of an S&V secret boss.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this on Reddit:

contains some mention of an S&V secret boss.

Yep theres another one with a good chunk more describing 3 possible items and their descriptions, that there is mostly just the data for what spawns, but looking closer at that it says bonus trash. Not a single thing, not a boss, but trash, so that again points be to thinking go up them stairs and start testing tons of combonations in there, orb and amulet same person, on the adds, on this, on that.

Yep theres another one with a good chunk more describing 3 possible items and their descriptions, that there is mostly just the data for what spawns, but looking closer at that it says bonus trash. Not a single thing, not a boss, but trash, so that again points be to thinking go up them stairs and start testing tons of combonations in there, orb and amulet same person, on the adds, on this, on that.

I still think it has something to do with the sarlacc because there's two achievements that were added to the game, sarlacc stomper and devoured by worms (i believe that's it). One for killing a sarlacc, the other for being killed by it.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/the-sarlacc-stomper/91624/

The other one must be something like jumping into one an amount of times. I think the Sarlacc is just a decor and for fun (to push those guards in there) in S&V. There's a heroic mission on Tatooine which gives you a grenade to kill the Sarlacc pit in the Dune Sea. Figures if you do it a lot you'll get that achievement + title.

Edited by Rahizm

Today we tested (cleared 8-HC ID and than changed to 16-nim) these things:

Throwing an orb on a dead rat inside the cave.

Using the amulet inside the cave and then throwing the orb (by another player) on the armulet caster.

Today we tested (cleared 8-HC ID and than changed to 16-nim) these things:

Throwing an orb on a dead rat inside the cave.

Using the amulet inside the cave and then throwing the orb (by another player) on the armulet caster.

Nice of you to try it, something I'd try next time is casting the orb on them BEFORE they use the amulet.. reason I say this, is because the orb looks like it hangs around, while the amulet looks like an activate thing. Does the orb give you a buff or debuff?

No, unfortunately the orb doesnt give u any buff or debuff. Its just the animation of the orb around the target. I never stopped the time of this animation, but it is very short and i would estimate something around 10-15 seconds.

I am not sure if there is a kind of hidden buff/debuff u cant see but the game is working with. Torhead says the duration is about 15000 seconds(?) but i badly doubt that.

No, unfortunately the orb doesnt give u any buff or debuff. Its just the animation of the orb around the target. I never stopped the time of this animation, but it is very short and i would estimate something around 10-15 seconds.

I am not sure if there is a kind of hidden buff/debuff u cant see but the game is working with. Torhead says the duration is about 15000 seconds(?) but i badly doubt that.

That's about 4 hours 12 minutes.

A ridiculous time for a buff, not a believable time

Alrighty, I will take the few minutes to write up every single idea we've had, discussed, tried, ignored, etc.

So, according to the response dip got, we are going off the assumption that this is Nightmare S+V related - given previous steps - we are also going to say 16 man only. I will ignore anything that doesn't fit those three things as a basis.

-We have searched every square inch of the desert by Dash'Roode after killing him - there remains a very slight possibility that you should pop an environmental shield before killing him and search but this is extremely unlikely.

-We have thoroughly searched the area between Dash and Titan, but there isn't much of anything to even consider.

-We are highly interested in the area behind the gate when entering Titan 6's pen - the same or a similar gate is found before going to Olok from Ops Chief. I'll get back to this in a minute.

-We have done about everything that can be done with the cave and sarlacc and we are pretty much ruling them out at this point.

-We think it is possible that you use the amulet to make something targetable/clickable and then you can use the orb on it to animate/summon it ... more on this down below

-We have translated nearly every sign we could find that is written in aurabesh into english - no obvious clues came from this.

-We have had no exploration in the areas after Olok but from our discussions the best bets have to do with the bridge or something in Styrak's room ....

-In Styrak's room there are a number of things of interest:

-His Throne

-The giant statue behind his throne

-The two Kell Dragons

-The force ghosts

We are mostly ruling out the ghosts of the dreadguards. The other three things are our top three possibilities, currently.

So back to using the amulet to make something clickable - the amulet might make the statue clickable, then you can animate him. The amulet might do something to make something appear on the throne. The orb would be used to either animate the statue, something on the throne, or the kell dragon/s.

I am personally convinced that we need to find something clickable that we can cast the orb on - I still think it is the kell dragons - Severity would be the only ones at this moment to test that (they already shared their weird experience the first time - and that needs to be explored further).

Some other notes of things we tried:

-We have used the orb on the mobs above the sarlacc and then knocked them into the sarlacc. We have casted on ourselves and jumped in twice.

-We have used the amulet in the cave room (twice) and we have casted the orb on ourselves while in that room.

-We have used the amulet in the fountain before olok's room.

-We have used the amulet in a "unique" room in the ops chief city area shortly after killing him.

Lastly some other things of note ...

There is the firefly lake in Op's Chief city we have done nothing with.

We would like to try casting amulet in Titan 6 room but haven't yet (to try opening the gate or something)

We have done nothing with regards to the mini bosses and the amulet/orb

The mini boss before Ops Chief event (after Thrasher) there is a gate there that has a good amount of room behind it. I've looked behind it by clipping and there's a fairly large open platform - I'd like to experiment more with this.

It is possible we need to treat this like a datacron and use jumping/terrain to get to areas we wouldn't normally be able to get in. It is also possible that you need to use the amulet in one area and the orb in an entirely different one (perhaps within a time frame).

It is possible we need to attain the speed run titles before trying anything. It is also possible that everyone needs to be wearing their dread masks when the amulet is pushed.

A lot of our testing has been done when most people have left the ops, it is possible the "event" is locked when you have less than a full raid in there.

That's everything I've got. We really aren't interested in testing anything too hard until we have cleared Styrak - since we still think the kell dragon's are the mostly likely piece. If those fail (for sure) then we will begin trying some of the more creative stuff.

We found a room in the Oasis City with a mini boss (didn't know it was there). There are also a bunch of kolto tank like things (ala Lorrick's room). Didn't have our orb with us but seemed an interesting room to explore. Not sure if that is what you meant by weird room Nibbon. I wonder if anything happpens with the tanks when you use the amulet.

The Operations Chief's City seems to be mysterious and secret in nature, the fact you are rushed through it to get to the boss makes me wonder if they are trying to hide something. We thought the mini-boss area could possibly have something to do with it, but Im not real sold on that particular room.

Has anyone gotten around to casting both items on a person at the same time in the cave above the stairs, i noticed someone tired the womp rats but lets get this on a person same as the TFB spawned, try amulet then hypergate while effect is still on them kinda thing.

Has anyone gotten around to casting both items on a person at the same time in the cave above the stairs, i noticed someone tired the womp rats but lets get this on a person same as the TFB spawned, try amulet then hypergate while effect is still on them kinda thing.

I think someone tried the amulet then the orb, I'd like to see someone try the orb then the amulet because the orb seems to stick around longer.

not sure if anyone wants to chime in...

from what i saw they killed 2-3 adds from the cave at the same time (they were all at 25% ish and talked about a buff), then used the orb, while all wearing the mask. red hateful essence/presence spawns

this was 16m nim snv

Edited by dipstik

Spawning the Hateful Entity:

As shown by <Severity Gaming>'s stream as of recent and in the above post, in order to spawn the boss a raid team must simply take all the adds at the top of the stairs and get them down below 20% without killing them in the cave on 16-man NiM (in this case with a cleared instance). Once one add reaches 20% it will stop attacking and begin to be consumed by the Devour Essence debuff. The debuff lasts for 30 seconds, in which time all the adds must obtain this debuff before any of them are killed. After this, the adds will all die and the Hateful Essence will spawn. Simply click the orb on the boss at this point to begin the fight. The person with the orb will be stunned for a brief period before you will all exit combat and the boss officially spawns.

10 million HP - The moves are very similar to the Dreadful Entity, however the gate back to Titan 6 and Thrasher are locked once the fight begins. If you wipe and do not return to the medical center, the entire raid will be randomly ported around the instance (including outside of the Oasis City entrance elevator). Once the boss is spawned it does not remove itself from the instance. The orb will stay refreshed so long as you only click the boss at this point in order to pull it again.

There are some new moves as well which include a pull into the lightning pools, and another move called Deathmark which places 4 random sets of timed DoTs on the raid. These DoTs can be cleansed. If they are not, each one will instantly kill that person in the raid. The time on each of the DoTs is as follows:

1. Skull Debuff ~ 3 seconds

2. Full Body Icon Debuff ~ 12 seconds

3. Face Icon Debuff ~ 8-10 seconds

4. Cylindrical Object Debuff ~ 5 seconds

They spawn in random sets (unsure how many each round) on random raid members, however they do not spawn more than 2 of each buff, if any at all.

This is all we know at the moment. Thanks for watching our streams and we wish you all the best!

Edited by OriginalTomoka