[POT5] PVP current state active and why you should transfer here!

zathmaulthegreat

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to Po5, we have beer and live music.

what about lag issue if i transfer my toon from TOFN to the Po5 ? i wish to get to the server wher true pvp peeps will go, but im wory about latency... lag...about TOFN i cant tell nothink bad... and i like how the pvp go, but i wann to get on train with others ! :)

what about lag issue if i transfer my toon from TOFN to the Po5 ? i wish to get to the server wher true pvp peeps will go, but im wory about latency... lag...about TOFN i cant tell nothink bad... and i like how the pvp go, but i wann to get on train with others ! :)

Transfers from EU to USA will not gonna be active...yet

Transfers from EU to USA will not gonna be active...yet

thnx u for repost ! then gonna stay on TOFN ^^

it is so many ppl crazy aboout transfering....this make me crazy too ^^ some one shud say "all EU ranked teams go to TOFN" and thats it ! :p about USA servers i dont care anymore, but will love to watch pvp video :)

Hello this is Wahl.

I am actually thinking about leaving this server. Biggest problem right with POT5 pvp is that the Republic loses about 90% of the WZ matches due to most of the good players play Imperial. There are some good Republic pvpers but it's very small compared to the Imperials that I have fought before.

Odd, I win almost 90% of the wz's I go into on Pub side... Hummmmmmm

After many days of hard concentration and consideration, I have come up with a solution to POT5's PvP issue. It may be extremely difficult for you to understand, judging by the way the rest of this thread has gone.

***GUILD PREMADES/RANKED WARZONES***

Yes, it's that simple! The Republic is filled with PvE noobs. They que up for warzones, then do stupid incompetent things that get us killed. For example, on Novare Coast a few days back, some <LF Romance on Alderaan> idiot decided to go South, despite the fact we were in control of East and West. Your Imp cronies were invading East, and that fool STILL went South? Guess what? We lost. I berated him, and he told me I "should have done a better job defending West" (which makes no sense because West was not under attack...)!

As a Pub, I can say these people ^^ make up a majority of the faction's "PvP" population. It's embarrassing. This is why its crucial that PvP guilds put as many premades and Ranked groups into the WZs as possible. Yes, people will complain about guilds hogging the warzones. To be honest I haven't found many good unguilded PvPers, so what does it matter? Our morale is low, but whenever I hop on an alt and join my guildies in 30-54 premades, we usually win!

Rather than leaving the server, maybe, just maybe, the solution to our PvP crisis is getting more active in PvP guilds. This is just my personal experience. Take from it what you wish :rak_04:

All servers are going to have a wide assortment players it's just the nature of the beast. But if you want a thriving PVP community with fast queue pops for REGS and CONSISTENT Rated Action every Night from a variety of guilds, with new guilds forming each week taking there shot in the Rated Action than i STILL STAND by POT5 as the SERVER of Choice to Transfer To.

Please, answer just on 2 questions:

How long queue times in prime time on reps side on Po5?

How long queue times in prime time on imps side on Po5?

Same question for Bastion? Harbinger? Jedi Covenant?

If "prime time" is 6-9 PM EST, then from immediate to 1 minute maybe, in my experience. Basically no real waiting (I was used to 1/2 an hour on my first server, before BW merged it - so to me anything under a minute is "immediate"). I've queued repub brackets 1-29, 30-54, and 55. (Never ranked). Imp side 1-29, 30-54 (to 55 toons yet). This is all on POT5, and solo queuing.

Also, although you didn't ask, more likely to get a same-side match up on imp side I've noticed (again, in my experience).

Edited by Banderal

Please, answer just on 2 questions:

How long queue times in prime time on reps side on Po5?

How long queue times in prime time on imps side on Po5?

Same question for Bastion? Harbinger? Jedi Covenant?

I can only answer from my experience as a Pub on Pot5. 6pm-10pm central time, very quick pops. There seems to be a built in cooldown once you exit a WZ of 2-3 min before another one pops (old one closes, servers create a new one) - it almost always pops right after that wait. Solo queuing or group.

Bastion = Pro exploiters and Waldo

PO5 = Geting beat by IMPs all day and left over Meatloaf

Harbinger = Old ladys that smoke non-filter cigs, and Jello

Jedi Covenant = People roleplaying as animals and old men seducing children.

The rest of the servers don't really matter.

Choose wisely.

Haha, QFT.

Most accurate post ever :)

If "prime time" is 6-9 PM EST, then from immediate to 1 minute maybe, in my experience. Basically no real waiting (I was used to 1/2 an hour on my first server, before BW merged it - so to me anything under a minute is "immediate"). I've queued repub brackets 1-29, 30-54, and 55. (Never ranked). Imp side 1-29, 30-54 (to 55 toons yet). This is all on POT5, and solo queuing.

Also, although you didn't ask, more likely to get a same-side match up on imp side I've noticed (again, in my experience).

I can only answer from my experience as a Pub on Pot5. 6pm-10pm central time, very quick pops. There seems to be a built in cooldown once you exit a WZ of 2-3 min before another one pops (old one closes, servers create a new one) - it almost always pops right after that wait. Solo queuing or group.

Sounds good, thanks! :)

I'm down to roll healer on Party of 5, but all my competitive PvP experience (on WoW) is as a hybrid damage/powerful offhealer. Gladiator, though, and I'd definitely go Pub.

EDIT: Not sure if I'd go Scoundrel or Sage, though.

Edited by Lailokan

I play mainly pot5 rep side (ironic because I prefer imp....) anyway, PvP is just like any other server: hit or miss. I will admit though I win my 2 or 3 out of every 10 matches on the republic side, but it's no different imp side where I win maybe 3 or 4 of every 10.

So yeah come to pot5 because we are the nicest and contact Desarion or Shaeleena if you need a guild.

Sorry i have to add to this my last reply, with the current activity of the RWZ on POT5 and battle for the top SPOT, it has made the Rated Scene very exciting. The top 3-4 guilds also providing streams daily also makes it so the public can catch everything live everyday. I'm not going to BASH the bastion like the troll that keeps doing it to POT5because quite simply its not my style and im better than that, but i still believe POT5 has a community that a lot of people would enjoy.

I am currently leveling a marauder named Alyiosis. A lot of former PVPers from Jen'jidai including those who took part in ranked play started characters on and plan to transfer to POT5. I am still up in the air if I will transfer my sorc or not but I am definately committed to leveling and gearing my new marauder. We started a guild for the xp bonus and will be transferring into one of the hardcore PVP guild as a group.

So far I like; it's much more active than Jung Ma. I am also having more fun in PVE with my marauder than I ever did on my sorc.

Edited by skarlson