RIP Jung Ma.

RakeshZeal

Personally im staying. Capins' gotta go down with his ship yea know. ;p or better put by a few people, "Who wants to transfer to a place with 27 Dreadgunns on fleet and 200 serrones in warzones."

Are you staying or leaving?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi Covenent is the best competition tho i hear... ^_^

Nope.

The best competition would be in ToFN on Tuesday when all the good European teams transfer there.

In the US is The Bastion and Pot5.

... ^_^

Theel is also leaving to pot5 for better competition.

I'm leaving all my lowbies in Jung-Ma just so that I can come from time to time and say hi to my friends who didn't xfer.

I was thinking the same thing.

A lot of people have been hearing me say this, but I'm still holding out hope that Bioware won't prove stupid once more.

It does not benefit them to cut out the last RP-PvP server. Yes, everyone points out that "there is no roleplay." What of the community, though? I think that's what our server prides itself on most. Yep, we have the trolls, the elitists, we have them all. But I can't think of a single WZ I go into no matter what time of day that I don't know someone.

I already had to transfer off of Ven Zallow, fix a broken friends list, and make new friends (with tanks!) Why should any one of us pay for Bioware's mistake in keeping our servers healthy? They're simply exploiting the instant gratification mindset that pops up in every MMO game. Some of us have 12 characters. We have to transfer all of them off, for money? What bull is that? A lot of people I know use several, if not all of their characters, for various crafting uses. If nothing else, who wants to start over in getting the Master Craftsmen title?

If Bioware does create transfers OFF of Jung Ma, they're only shooting themselves in the foot by creating a dead server with those who could either not afford or simply don't want to leave a server and be a new refugee for a second time, they'll simply have to merge Jung Ma eventually anyway, and that will be for free for us, and at least a small cost to them.

In the end, I'll likely do whatever The Remnants of Hope does. But I implore everyone to at least try and give Jung Ma another chance. Ranked Warzones ARE coming back. We have teams that have had months, over a year to practice together. Give the teams slowly trying to come into their own a bit more time.

Edited by Zekiirah

We had a discussion about this the other night whether or not project mayhem is staying or leaving. The consensus was to stay sure the server is going to lose a bunch of good people for better competition in ranked but we are the only rp-pvp server left i think that even though we are losing people we will gain some players as well there are some guilds from the ebon hawk that may transfer. Maybe it will revive the rp a bit and make for some new people to play against in warzones. Project mayhem is staying until bioware decides to shut the party down.

I propose bioware opens free character transfers between The Ebon Hawk and Jung Ma for the preservation of our RP community. By doing this, those who wish to bring over their entire guild and experience RP-PVP can do so at not cost, and those who would rather RP-PVE can do the same. Consequently both servers will remain intact post 2.2 and Jung Ma will once again have competitive PVP.

Of course bioware won't do this because it makes too much sense.

Edited by Odjii

I propose bioware opens free character transfers between The Ebon Hawk and Jung Ma for the preservation of our RP community. By doing this, those who wish to bring over their entire guild and experience RP-PVP can do so at not cost, and those who would rather RP-PVE can do the same. Consequently both servers will remain intact post 2.2 and Jung Ma will once again have competitive PVP.

Of course bioware won't do this because it makes too much sense.

No thanks. If you think the grass is greener on ERPbon Hawk, then I feel the risk you take trying moving an entire community should have consequences. You also break up the community in doing so. Even making it free would not convince some players (I can only speak for me and I fall under this category) to transfer. I LOVE my names on this server. I love the interactions they've had. If some go and some stay, it breaks the continuity of their stories. I love that we've had RP after massive PvP fights (which can be annoying when people blue wall you). I love the community we've formed. We are even beginning to see more inter guild interaction with events. Jung Ma has consistently put out quality RP events, I'll remind you: (source) (Source) (Source)

We often beat other servers on the number of events we have up on that spotlight blog. There are other instances where we match Ebon Hawk in RP events that got highlighted by Bioware. This community is thriving; I don't see why when PvPers are gearing up to leave that the RPers would throw in the towel on the last RP-PvP server and split this fledgling RP community.

I find it funny people are all about preserving the last RP-PvP server out there... but most people posting about that don't RP. If you do RP and you posted on this thread, my apologies. It's difficult to see a guild with the name <project mayhem> as an RP organization at first glance (and I've never known anyone to RP from there). The RP community that enjoys PvP should remain, in my opinion, while those who PvP only should seek the server with an appropriate designation. It shouldn't be the other way around.

I love the fact that PvPers are looking for more competition; I truly wish them the best of luck in finding it. When you join an RP-PvP server, the main focus is intended to not be PvPing, but a combination. It is inevitable then, that some players will never focus on that singular aspect and thus competition in PvP may suffer as a result.

I've spoken to my clan regarding these thoughts, and we've unanimously decided to remain to continue RPing and PvPing on Jung Ma.

Edited by Creedys

No thanks. If you think the grass is greener on ERPbon Hawk, then I feel the risk you take trying moving an entire community should have consequences. You also break up the community in doing so. Even making it free would not convince some players (I can only speak for me and I fall under this category) to transfer. I LOVE my names on this server. I love the interactions they've had. If some go and some stay, it breaks the continuity of their stories. I love that we've had RP after massive PvP fights (which can be annoying when people blue wall you). I love the community we've formed. We are even beginning to see more inter guild interaction with events. Jung Ma has consistently put out quality RP events, I'll remind you: (source) (Source) (Source)

We often beat other servers on the number of events we have up on that spotlight blog. There are other instances where we match Ebon Hawk in RP events that got highlighted by Bioware. This community is thriving; I don't see why when PvPers are gearing up to leave that the RPers would throw in the towel on the last RP-PvP server and split this fledgling RP community.

I find it funny people are all about preserving the last RP-PvP server out there... but most people posting about that don't RP. If you do RP and you posted on this thread, my apologies. It's difficult to see a guild with the name <project mayhem> as an RP organization at first glance (and I've never known anyone to RP from there). The RP community that enjoys PvP should remain, in my opinion, while those who PvP only should seek the server with an appropriate designation. It shouldn't be the other way around.

I love the fact that PvPers are looking for more competition; I truly wish them the best of luck in finding it. When you join an RP-PvP server, the main focus is intended to not be PvPing, but a combination. It is inevitable then, that some players will never focus on that singular aspect and thus competition in PvP may suffer as a result.

I've spoken to my clan regarding these thoughts, and we've unanimously decided to remain to continue RPing and PvPing on Jung Ma.

you totally misinterpreted what I was saying, I proposed the opportunity for individuals to transfer between servers for free. Since we cannot merge the two servers due to one being pve and the other pvp it gives the opportunity for individuals to choose where they would like to go. I plan on staying on Jung Ma myself but I fear that a majority of players won't.

I will be staying and I have to say that I completely disagree with the poster above about who should stay on Jung Ma.

If you like the server, if you are not a troll, you should feel welcome to stay. Im not going to say that rpers who cant pvp well should leave, Im not going to say that pvpers who cant rp should leave, its a RP-PVP server, both should stay.

I really dont rp that much anymore, its not the olden days of text based games, those were gone when EQ was invented. But in that time, rping (at least in my opinion) has changed. Just because I dont:

:: __________ enters the room and sees _____ ::

Doesnt mean that I am not role playing my character either. I am always IC in the game.The reason I joined a RP-PVP server is because I play my character IC, and thus wanted to be on a server where it was more likely that other people were doing the same. I wave, I bow, I play my role in the open worlds. Maybe that isnt good enough for some, maybe Im not rp enough, I dont know.

Btw, Im not in Project Mayhem. But as a player I do believe they bring value to the server and I believe that the server in general would be better if we keep pvp guilds and rp guilds, because then our server is truly unique. You can PVP at a high level and you can go out and rp.

I think when you join a server the main focus should be having fun. When I joined Jung Ma, I never thought I would wz pvp, I just wanted a more difficult/realistic pve. Over time I met a bunch of people, started pvping, made friends, and now that is a large part of my gaming experience.

I just really think you are off base and I hope that pvpers/rpers realize that there is enough space for both of them to do either or both. If you want to RP only and never pvp or vice versa, it doesnt mean you should leave Jung Ma, it just means you arent getting the full experience.

I'm staying. Figure either the server dies and we can transfer off for free

I'll likely be going this route as well. Not going to leave because if PvP really dries up, we will get a free xfer off the server. I have another legacy on The Bastion anyway so I can mix things up if I want while I wait for a server merge, if things truly come to that.

At the same time, the BW PvP content drought is a major gamebreaker for me. It's more than likely that I will be logging in h*lla-less since I'm just burnt out on the WZ treadmill. Regz don't do it for me anymore at all, and my guild just logs on too late for regular Rated pops because we're mainly West Coasters. So we'll see, but it's likely I will be taking a long break until 2.4.

That said, I am not bitter toward BW for forcing me on to Jung Ma. I've made a lot of awesome friends here and I like a majority of the community (at least of the peeps I know). Would be nice if we could keep it together somehow, but the transfers are undoubtedly going to fragment us.

95% of the people I know are staying. Read the POT5 forums. Their best team unsubbed at 2.0, and why? Not enough ranked.

The grass is always greener on the other side folks, no matter where you are.

Besides, I don't have the time to play even 2+ hours a day sometimes, so it's meh. Ranked all night long doesn't do anything for me since I get up in the mornings for work.

Edited by Lulzbot

you totally misinterpreted what I was saying, I proposed the opportunity for individuals to transfer between servers for free. Since we cannot merge the two servers due to one being pve and the other pvp it gives the opportunity for individuals to choose where they would like to go. I plan on staying on Jung Ma myself but I fear that a majority of players won't.

No I read it correctly. I don't want free transfers. Free transfers mean anyone who hears whispers of a mass exodus will be more inclined to be a lemming and follow suit, thus making those whispers a self fulfilling prophecy. You open free transfers, and you essentially kill a server. I very much doubt everyone thinks an $18 transfer is worth leaving the server... so I’m happy with that.

If you like the server, if you are not a troll, you should feel welcome to stay. Im not going to say that rpers who cant pvp well should leave, Im not going to say that pvpers who cant rp should leave, its a RP-PVP server, both should stay.

I really dont rp that much anymore, its not the olden days of text based games, those were gone when EQ was invented. But in that time, rping (at least in my opinion) has changed. Just because I dont:

:: __________ enters the room and sees _____ ::

Doesnt mean that I am not role playing my character either. I am always IC in the game.The reason I joined a RP-PVP server is because I play my character IC, and thus wanted to be on a server where it was more likely that other people were doing the same. I wave, I bow, I play my role in the open worlds. Maybe that isnt good enough for some, maybe Im not rp enough, I dont know.

Btw, Im not in Project Mayhem. But as a player I do believe they bring value to the server and I believe that the server in general would be better if we keep pvp guilds and rp guilds, because then our server is truly unique. You can PVP at a high level and you can go out and rp.

I think when you join a server the main focus should be having fun. When I joined Jung Ma, I never thought I would wz pvp, I just wanted a more difficult/realistic pve. Over time I met a bunch of people, started pvping, made friends, and now that is a large part of my gaming experience.

I just really think you are off base and I hope that pvpers/rpers realize that there is enough space for both of them to do either or both. If you want to RP only and never pvp or vice versa, it doesnt mean you should leave Jung Ma, it just means you arent getting the full experience.

I didn’t mean to come across as an exclusionary elitist. I love the competition that Jung Ma has. I also realize that what Roleplay means varies from person to person. I am not trying to tell people that their RP is wrong. I am in fact speaking to elitist PvPers that actually poke fun at RPers and troll on a regular basis.

I agree with you that the main objective of joining any server is to have fun… but my point was that I think people pick servers for reasons other than enjoying the game and fellow players. Often RP-PvP servers are targeted by PvPers because they can be the “big fish in the small pond”. Their definition of having fun is at the expense of their fellow players. The PvP side of me detests this motivation. I want a challenge. I don’t want to faceroll people and laugh at their corpse… and it is those PvPers I am referring to.

I spoke out of turn by pointing a finger at <Project Mayhem>. *EDITED and REDACTED* No screenshot proof.

I was also mentioning that people who do not RP at ALL shouldn’t be here, whatever your definition of RP is. If you PvP only… they have servers with that specific designation.

95% of the people I know are staying. Read the POT5 forums. Their best team unsubbed at 2.0, and why? Not enough ranked.

The grass is always greener on the other side folks, no matter where you are.

Besides, I don't have the time to play even 2+ hours a day sometimes, so it's meh. Ranked all night long doesn't do anything for me since I get up in the mornings for work.

BINGO.

Edited by Creedys
I have no screenshot proof of any of my allegations. They have been removed.

No I read it correctly. I don't want free transfers. Free transfers mean anyone who hears whispers of a mass exodus will be more inclined to be a lemming and follow suit, thus making those whispers a self fulfilling prophecy. You open free transfers, and you essentially kill a server. I very much doubt everyone thinks an $18 transfer is worth leaving the server... so I’m happy with that.

That is some faulty logic. Here are some facts. Our server is the most underpopulated server in the US. If by some chance I overstated that, then it is at least in the top 3. With that said, there is a RP server that has a larger population and they actively pvp there. Would it not make sense to allow players on that server the chance to transfer to a RP-PVP server? I doubt a majority of Jung Ma's population would transfer to Ebon Hawk (maybe another pvp server), but I am almost certain a good amount of Ebon Hawk would transfer to Jung Ma if given the opportunity. You can be happy with a underpopulated server all you want, you found your community and that is great. All I want to do is expand our community so we can have more than the same few faces in our RP, competitive pvp, and progressive raiding (Republic side). I'm not trying to create forum drama, I'm actively putting ideas out that will help our server survive the transfers of 2.2.

P.S. Imperials have a better population on Jung Ma than the Republic.

source: I play on republic and imps.

Edited by Odjii

Wait wait just because you don't see a guild as and RP guild doesn't mean we should leave. Yes a very large number of us do only just pvp,but when clan epsis did the arena we should up we may not have rped there but we still participated. Just because you don't see that it isn't an rp guild and you don't know anyone from there which is ******** because I actually have rped with you dreg you also know Jorloralor. When a guild doesn't hold massive RP events or bothers to go to the cantina doesn't mean we don't respect the RPers of the server. Like everyone has said it's a tight knit community and trying to push one group out is not going to solve or fix anything. As I stated before this is Projects home server and we are staying.

A lot of people have been hearing me say this, but I'm still holding out hope that Bioware won't prove stupid once more.

It does not benefit them to cut out the last RP-PvP server. Yes, everyone points out that "there is no roleplay." What of the community, though? I think that's what our server prides itself on most. Yep, we have the trolls, the elitists, we have them all. But I can't think of a single WZ I go into no matter what time of day that I don't know someone.

I already had to transfer off of Ven Zallow, fix a broken friends list, and make new friends (with tanks!) Why should any one of us pay for Bioware's mistake in keeping our servers healthy? They're simply exploiting the instant gratification mindset that pops up in every MMO game. Some of us have 12 characters. We have to transfer all of them off, for money? What bull is that? A lot of people I know use several, if not all of their characters, for various crafting uses. If nothing else, who wants to start over in getting the Master Craftsmen title?

If Bioware does create transfers OFF of Jung Ma, they're only shooting themselves in the foot by creating a dead server with those who could either not afford or simply don't want to leave a server and be a new refugee for a second time, they'll simply have to merge Jung Ma eventually anyway, and that will be for free for us, and at least a small cost to them.

In the end, I'll likely do whatever The Remnants of Hope does. But I implore everyone to at least try and give Jung Ma another chance. Ranked Warzones ARE coming back. We have teams that have had months, over a year to practice together. Give the teams slowly trying to come into their own a bit more time.

Zekiirah hit the bullseye on the nose. If you are so great at pvp and a you must be an incredible player, why can't you just roll another character on your so-called destination? I definitely will be watching the "mass exodus" of population of one server to another, just for the sake of "elitest pvping". And if and when all the"elitest" move to their new homes and find out later , they wished they hadn't moved after all, they'll be playing right into their hands and forking over the transfer fee again. Jung Ma is special, so keep it that way

Wait wait just because you don't see a guild as and RP guild doesn't mean we should leave. Yes a very large number of us do only just pvp,but when clan epsis did the arena we should up we may not have rped there but we still participated. Just because you don't see that it isn't an rp guild and you don't know anyone from there which is ******** because I actually have rped with you dreg you also know Jorloralor. When a guild doesn't hold massive RP events or bothers to go to the cantina doesn't mean we don't respect the RPers of the server. Like everyone has said it's a tight knit community and trying to push one group out is not going to solve or fix anything. As I stated before this is Projects home server and we are staying.

Read the next post I made, please.

I would be extremely surprised if xfers opened up to leave Jung Ma at all. If they follow the WoW formula (which I don't see why they wouldn't), the servers that can be transferred to and from will be regulated. Very low pop servers won't allow xfers off, but will openly recieve xfers. Very High pop servers won't allow you to xfer in, but allow you to leave.

Xfers will likely be done in a way that will maintain the survivability of servers involved.