Valor Rank - Make it useful.

Cybridwarform

Would be awesome if valor ranks gave people at least some added character improvement, rather than being just another useless bar to look at.

Example:

Valor 10: Codex introduction to valor/rewards - gives modest amount of XP.

Valor 20: Cool down reduction to Medpacs by 20 secs.

Valor 30: Cost of buying Medpacs reduced by 10%

Valor 40: Cool down reduction on Adrenals by 20 secs.

Valor 50: Cost of buying Adrenals reduced by 10%

Valor 60: Damaging an enemy player reduces the healing they receive by 10%.

Valor 70: Damage taken by other players reduced by 10%

Valor 80: Reduces the duration of root and snare effects by 10%

Valor 90: Reduces the duration of stun effects by 10%

Valor 100: Reduces the rate at which the resolve bar deteriorates by 40%.

etc.. etc...

Since valor is a PVP thing i figured it would be worth it to give it only PVP-related things. No secret PVE buffs here that would make a huge impact to make PVE'ers farm it.

Tbh: i could care less what you do in the end. -But it would be nice to have valor mean something atm its pretty damn useless.

well that is mostly why i said i don't care what they do with it as long as it means something. -atm it is quite terrible.

All i ever care about as far as valor is concerned is, the second i hit valor 40 on a new character i start converting to ranked so when i cap that toon out i have stuff to play with.

I cant think of any other real benefit outside of that.

Yeach i great idea to look at tis i ave to agree it is just one silly bar tat we are filling it should give us something more then titles maybe combine the rewards with achievements.....

Not sure if bioware listens to great ideas or just the bad ones.

-but one can only hope a few slip in every now and then.

Would be awesome if valor ranks gave people at least some added character improvement, rather than being just another useless bar to look at.

Example:

Valor 10: Codex introduction to valor/rewards - gives modest amount of XP.

Valor 20: Cool down reduction to Medpacs by 20 secs.

Valor 30: Cost of buying Medpacs reduced by 10%

Valor 40: Cool down reduction on Adrenals by 20 secs.

Valor 50: Cost of buying Adrenals reduced by 10%

Valor 60: Damaging an enemy player reduces the healing they receive by 10%.

Valor 70: Damage taken by other players reduced by 10%

Valor 80: Reduces the duration of root and snare effects by 10%

Valor 90: Reduces the duration of stun effects by 10%

Valor 100: Reduces the rate at which the resolve bar deteriorates by 40%.

etc.. etc...

PVP related buffs? This will never happen. :D

Edited by Glower

I completely agree with making Valor useful. Though I'm not too sure about the examples you provided. Many people farmed Valor rank on ilum and it'd give them a great advantage over other players when really they've barely even done any PvP.

I suggested a few times a long time ago about increasing credit gains and warzone commendation rewards.

Not too sure about credits, but I thought getting an extra 1 commendation for every 2 Valor ranks would be a nice feature, up to an extra 50 commendations at 100 Valor.

This means those with higher valor can get gear faster to min/max, gear alts, experiment with or just be able to buy more medpacs/adrenals.

Valor Rank gives us access to vanity items and different gear sets. It has a similar function to Social Points.

Yeah totally the same..?

Valor is useless. Its a measure of time played and that is it. You really cant access anything with it and the only real thing valor had was being able to wear crafted WH gear which has since been removed from the game and unless you had purchased schematics cannot get them anymore.

Yeah totally the same..?

Valor is useless. Its a measure of time played and that is it. You really cant access anything with it and the only real thing valor had was being able to wear crafted WH gear which has since been removed from the game and unless you had purchased schematics cannot get them anymore.

They made it so PvP gear has little to no meaning, what makes you think they would be willing to make valor meaningful?

They made it so PvP gear has little to no meaning, what makes you think they would be willing to make valor meaningful?

They wont make valor meaningful. It was somewhat back with battlemaster but thats it. Its a stat to measure time played in warzones more or less.

Yeah totally the same..?

The highlighted part of this quote is all that matters. I don't really care how many PvP matches you've played.