How is the supply of Cartel dyes on your server?

I think they need a better carrot to dangle in front of people to encourage buying these dyes off the cartel market (and hence getting more of them on the GTN).

Perhaps they could give Contraband rep tokens for them. Even the small amount ones would encourage more people to buy dyes.

Right now the only reason to buy them is the rare chance to get black/black, black/white, white/black and then hope someone can afford it and is actually willing to pay the exorbitant sale prices for it, ie even if you get one there is not guarantee anyone will pay a mint for it.

White/light orange is awesome.

Agreed. There are only a couple of armor sets that it has not worked well on for me. It's probably THE best dye for the Recovered Chest in the game at the moment. They were cheap on the GTN initially too (less then 10K on average) and I hoarded about 20 of them in the first few days of dyes on the market.

DeepBlue/LightBrown gets crapped on in the forums a lot.. but it actually looks really good on the right armor sets as the light brown comes out a nice bronze on metalic armor. It's not good on cloth armors that I have tried it on though.

It goes down on mine. There are average 2 blck dyes on gtn ranging quite high. It's undesrtandable that there are less and less dyes. The only nice color is, obviously, black-black and white w/ white or black. and it's very difficult to get. People stop paying 2 euro worth of coins for a rare chance of a nice colour.

Bioware's desperation to monetize the dye system to the maximum degree has made it/them the laughingstock of the MMO community. I'm glad to see our player base ease-up on purchasing these packs (evidenced, perhaps, by the dwindling supply), in the hopes that is sends some kind of a message to our Cartel Market overlords. There's money to be made here without once again frustrating your player base with yet another fail idea. Edited by MarvelZombie

Things have gone crazy! Supplies flooded! Today we have:

At the macro level...... dye supply swings by 20+ pages in a day on Harbinger. The dye mix seems to be about the same day to day... but we can go from 50 pages to 70+ pages over night. The center point being around 60 pages of dyes listed at any given time. [During the dumping phase right after patch, we averaged 100+ pages of dyes a day].

My point? dyes, like many things in the market, the supplies swing from day to day. And like many things in the GTN, the less rare dyeprices rise from Monday --> Friday and then can drop significantly over the weekend, only to rinse and repeat next week.

Harbinger pretty much always has multiples of Black/Black listed and 2 to 3 times as many White/White and Black/White. And prices remain stable for all three (Purple/black fluctuates some). People may not like the stable price, but they cannot argue that there are no dyes or that prices are all over the place on my server.

Edited by Andryah

OIC....we are going to pivot a rant around the 3 or 4 monochrome dual dyes that you simpy must die to have. :rolleyes: How on earth do you navigate through such a narrow view of the game universe?

Crafted dyes in general are in shorter supply then Cartel dyes from my observation. Then again, why would you care since they don't craft dyes you want?

As for the CC dyes... they are plentiful and market prices have not spiked noteably on Harbinger except for White/Orange and Orange/White (probably because people finally realized they are decent dyes for many armor sets and are still modestly prices even with the demand spking prices). The few monochrome dual dyes will always be rare, over priced, and over coveted.

And I would imagine that a good number of people are stockpiling some of the nicer (yet still modeslty priced) CC dyes. It's the smart thing to do.... buy at good prices... save for later use. You know.. planning ahead for future use.

This is why Andryah is my favorite forum poster. Once the finals are over next week. I'm start selling boat loads of dyes and other goods on the harbinger. Just haven't had much time with design projects, lab presentations, and insane workload at end of this quarter.

The gambling boxes for dyes are a poor business model for the long term.

Cartel Packs work fine, and probably will continue to. This is because it always feels like you're getting something, and there is such a wide variety of things that can drop. Dye boxes, however, only give you 2 dyes and you rarely get anything that doesn't look ridiculous.

/Thread

I wonder how much rage there will be when they give you 4-5 dye drops instead of 2.

I have the ability to craft dyes...have I? No.

Why? Because they are varying shades of fugly that no one would ever want. So why waste my time.

The good colour combinations on Shadowlands, like Black/black, white/white, purple/black etc are all insanely expensive starting at about 1.5 million for white/black and going all the way up to 6 million. Ridiculous. Had to know that EA/Bioware would find a way to screw this up in order to sate their greed. :mad:

I love how instead of letting crafters craft the nice ones so they can make some I/g credits for fun, they company decided to be the ones to provide it so they can line their pockets instead.

Yep. I jumped into the fire myself and bought all the schematics only to find those dyes are dime a dozen. And yes, the lion's share of them are fugly. The ones that aren't are flooded on the GTN with no profit margin to be had. Hell, alot of them I can buy for less than the cost it would take me to send companions out to farm mats to make them myself. Too bad we can't sell back schematics for even a 10% return. I'd dump mine for that in a heartbeat.

My point? dyes, like many things in the market, the supplies swing from day to day. And like many things in the GTN, the less rare dyeprices rise from Monday --> Friday and then can drop significantly over the weekend, only to rinse and repeat next week.
What I see on my server is that the "less rare" dyes just sit there at a flatline at all times. Dyes in general don't seem to change appreciably in supply from weekend to midweek and back. This pattern is weird, and it's what motivated my post. Unlike other Cartel stuff (like armor sets), the Dyes are just ... dying. Seeing two simultaneous Black/Black right now is like catching a solar eclipse.

So this answers part of what I was curious about. There seems to be big divergence in dye supplies between servers. I wonder if my (accidentally) ending up on an RP-designated server is somehow related to the weak/nonexistent color supplies and imbalances.

I've never had a problem with the supply of other Cartel junk (eg, from Packs), even the "really rare" stuff, which makes it weirder. ie, people on my server seem to have no problem purchasing and supplying everything else from the Cartel Market.

I've never had a problem with the supply of other Cartel junk (eg, from Packs), even the "really rare" stuff, which makes it weirder. ie, people on my server seem to have no problem purchasing and supplying everything else from the Cartel Market.

And I've never had a problem with Cartel Packs. The dye packs are still a joke. :/

Makes one wonder why they didn't go 2 commons, 1 uncommon, 1 rare and chance for super rare, with dyes.