Primary abilities & rotation

jkappforheels

This topic is aimed toward discussion of commando skills that you may find most powerful, useful or important to the commando or your playstyle. In addition, I hope maybe we could find some sort of rotation moat effective. For instance, I don't know if I should use some abilities. Explosive round seems to be replaced by charged shot in max dps. However, I still use full auto.

For PVE assuming you go full gunnery your focus is going to be on pulling off as many full autos as possible. You use grav rounds and high impact shot (once you hit 5 stacks) as 'filler' between full autos, along with demo round on cooldown once you hit 5 gravs. There isn't really any complexity to it beyond that. Edited by hadoken

I am only lvl 12 but plan to go 5 in gunnery to improve charge shot and get +% aim. So should I just remove explosive shot from action bar?

I use it to knock down regular melee mobs that are headed for me. It recycles fast enough that they never get to me.

-Aethyn

I use it to knock down regular melee mobs that are headed for me. It recycles fast enough that they never get to me.

-Aethyn

I tried that use for a while, but Explosive Shot is very Ammo-Expensive, while Grav Round gives back a bit. I ended up taking ES off my bar and adapted my play style around its absence just fine. With Elara healing, I've only died with one boss and haven't missed ES.