Too many mobs

Vassise

The mobs on Maked are insane. Listen I don't have 12 hours a day to grind dailies for Coms. You all had it right with the missions on Cor and Belsavis. Section hasn't been too bad imho because Ive always been a group, but the dang mobs on Makeb are out of control. Your not doing dailies for the scenery. You doing them to get in, get out, and get your comms.

I have five 55s and I did Section X twice. The mob density is just annoying and spending time there is just aggravating. And yes, some zones (not all of them) from Makeb are worse. Makeb is one of the nicest planets they've made. But staying there is something hardly fun.

This is probably one of my 5 top complains about the game. Leveling and enjoying a story gets turned into a mind numbing activity, way too many trivial easy repetitive boring fights just to move from one place to the other. A shame the designed it like that. Really.:(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, And it’s not just number, it’s what they can do.

Worst of it is on the Brakan Mesas on Makeb, I don't even try the staged weekly there anymore, nothing but extremely annoying mobs and hidden cliffs.

1. Get knocked off my speeder

2. Get Pulled towards mob

3. Get knocked back by the SAME mob.

And then finally I get to attack, oh isn't that fun, especially when its going on every 20-30 meters. Strong mobs that can control you like raid bosses are NOT fun.

It’s kind of funny, Blizzard made this same mistake with The Burning Crusade. Too many mobs with way to many stuns. I guess it really is a wow clone.

I don't understand what the issue is. People get on the forms and scream. There is not enough challenge in the game. Its NOT alive enough. You need to add roaming mobs. You need to this you need to that.

So they beef up mobs here and there. they throw a few on the path. And now there is too many. its like" I cant just run to my objective and get out. Its so annoying. Fix it BW"

Its like people want it challenging but not all the time only when they feel like it.

I don't understand what the issue is. People get on the forms and scream. There is not enough challenge in the game. Its NOT alive enough. You need to add roaming mobs. You need to this you need to that.

So they beef up mobs here and there. they throw a few on the path. And now there is too many. its like" I cant just run to my objective and get out. Its so annoying. Fix it BW"

Its like people want it challenging but not all the time only when they feel like it.

Are you seriously saying that those dozens of crappy silly mobs are a challenge ? lol, okay...

• 3 weeks later...

Always wondered why BioWare decided to add 100 mobs every 10 feet in this game

And they always have elites and strongs waling around (Just because he's an escaped slave captain doesnt mean he has to be an elite lol -do slaves have captains? or ranks? And where did they get an unlimited supply of weapons/ammo?) and those 4-5 linked mobs, if you see a lone mob and attack chances are 3 more will either fall from the sky or burrow their way out of the ground, who's idea was that? Someone EA laid off I imagine lol

What is challenging about having to kill the exact same mob you just killed five minutes ago?

Always wondered why BioWare decided to add 100 mobs every 10 feet in this game

And they always have elites and strongs waling around (Just because he's an escaped slave captain doesnt mean he has to be an elite lol -do slaves have captains? or ranks? And where did they get an unlimited supply of weapons/ammo?) and those 4-5 linked mobs, if you see a lone mob and attack chances are 3 more will either fall from the sky or burrow their way out of the ground, who's idea was that? Someone EA laid off I imagine lol

Quantity over quality.

Why waste time designing an interactive environment, mob diversity, or AI? It's much easier and cheaper to just emulate a console shooter and place hordes of evil mannequins every 2 feet.

After starting my second character on Makeb, I realized it's the mob density that makes me hate playing on the planet. I haven't even finished the story on my first 55. Maybe if I took a stealther through I'd feel differently. Right now I'd rather do dailies on other planets than slog through endless trash mobs to do the main Makeb quest line.

I did Makeb on eight different characters and even though I got used to it by the time I probably got to my 7th or 8th, I'm not sure I'll ever go back there, unless Bioware tones down a bit the mob density. The mesa where you have the six drilling platforms for instance is just insane, not to mention the respawn times for mobs is too short.

My biggest concern though, is that Makeb becomes the norm and not the exception, when it comes to the number of mobs every five meters and I won't even get around the area design and how the Planet itself feels smaller and smaller, the more mobs you run into.

Quantity over quality.

Why waste time designing an interactive environment, mob diversity, or AI? It's much easier and cheaper to just emulate a console shooter and place hordes of evil mannequins every 2 feet.

Maybe true. I suppose these new fangled MMO's are walk 5 feet fight, walk 5 feet fight etc. Oh and the fashion, lets not forget about the fashion lol

Has there ever been an official reply about this? I'd like to know what the devs think about mob density on makeb now that is has been out for a while. I came back for the double exp weekend and decided to go do some dailies to make credits for the alts I'm leveling, but gave up quickly because makeb was even more unpleasant and frustrating than I remembered.

Personally, I think that a better daily quest experience in the next content update or expansion is a real opportunity for them to keep more people playing at level cap. Zones like section x and makeb seem to show Bioware's background as a single player RPG developer because they are well done, but don't seem optimally designed for areas players will experience day after day. Replay value and easy navigation should be the key design elements of the next daily zone over any other considerations.

No matter how cool it seems the first time, if it becomes frustrating a few days later people won't keep coming back unless they absolutely must. I think the primary reason WoW's dailies seem so much more fun to me than swtor's is the advantage flying mounts gives to the daily quest experience, but it also gives the developers freedom in designing zones. If swtor had flying mounts or something similar, for example speeders for max level characters that ignored agro (stealth or something maybe) it could be another huge quality of life improvement for people who like dailies but are frustrated by the current zones.

I dont give a crap how many mobs they pack in an area.

What i do give a crap about is them shooting me off my speeder.

All speeders should be 100% resist to knockoff. If i am riding my speeder, it means im busy, no time for fighting trash mobs.

Damn speeders are already too slow by about half, letting us be knocked off them is the real issue here. If they worked right, it wouldnt matter how many mobs shot at you unless you died from the damage.

• 2 months later...
The xp rewards for missions is not bad and i disagree that you need to grind alot of mobs for this game.

You have no idea what grinding really is then? go to wow and then you will know what mob grinding is.

You can now already out lvl every planet by 4 lvls or so.

You got to be kidding me. In WoW mobs die in 2 seconds and you can pull 20+ and aoe them down in seconds. In this game every fight is painfully slow and a major gamekiller for me and most of my buddies. They left the game when they went to tatooine and got shot from the speeder every 2 seconds. That was back in 2012 and they never came back. Mobs in this game are the worst thing i've ever seen. That killed the game for so many people......and they just refuse to fix it.

Looks like you can't comprehend that different people say different things.

• 1 month later...

I recently went back to Belsavis after Makeb and Oricon and it was SO NICE to be able to roam about and explore without running into unavoidable mobs every step of the way.

I like the new planets but the saturation of mobs doesn't make it more fun/challenging, it makes the game tiresome and irksome. The new planets would be much much better with less mobs.

Edited by BewBo

Lol. First... no need to necro this, there are other more recent posts.

Second, the mobs are fine on Oricon. If they lowered the mob count there would then QQ about the spawn times and the inability to finish dailies as quick as possible contributing to the grind.

Besides, Oricon is the staging area for the Dread Masters take over of the galaxy. They did more than higher a few extra hands. lol!

I finished Makeb Imp side the other day and I really didn't find it that bad. If you're creative and jump walls you can avoid TONS of mobs. The whole Hutt palace area FILLED with guards? You can go anywhere on it without entering combat once, or if you do enter combat (there's an area with a pack of normal mobs on a walkway, elite droid on the other and it's a tight fit to sneak through) let your companion fight them for a second until you're far enough that it drops you from combat.

You can jump all the railings, jump gaps, climb hills, etc. You only hit tons of mobs if you run right into them and don't look for alternative routes.

No, dude. Those guys are have too many things to do. They want run-run-run-RUN-RUUUN-WROOOM-WROOOOOOOM!!!

People is in a hurry to get they'r comms.

• 1 year later...

Bioware's attempt to drag out already boring, uninspiring contents is downright pathetic.

Insanely many mobs that stops you every 50m, quest locations placed in the opposite side of map so you can waste nice 20 minutes simply moving between quests, areas that lack travel point so again gamers waste their time, quick travel time severely limited, the fact that mobs knock you out of speeder, mob's absurd aggro range all contribute to this filler play.

I've never played other MMORPGs because I find no joy in this stupid grinding and time waste. I expected SWTOR to be different because of how it focuses on the story.

But no, for every class quest with interesting story you are forced to spend 95% of gameplay doing fetch quests and suffer through unbearable repetition each testing your patience.

I will escape this pit of a game as soon as I'm done with class stories which composes 5% of total playtime. Truly a horrible experience for an RPG. SWTOR is every testament to the reason I want MMORPG market to die out so gamers could enjoy proper RPG without absurd fillers all over the game.

Edited by Highsis

Bioware's attempt to drag out already boring, uninspiring contents is downright pathetic.

Insanely many mobs that stops you every 50m, quest locations placed in the opposite side of map so you can waste nice 20 minutes simply moving between quests, areas that lack travel point so again gamers waste their time, quick travel time severely limited, the fact that mobs knock you out of speeder, mob's absurd aggro range all contribute to this filler play.

I've never played other MMORPGs because I find no joy in this stupid grinding and time waste. I expected SWTOR to be different because of how it focuses on the story.

But no, for every class quest with interesting story you are forced to spend 95% of gameplay doing fetch quests and suffer through unbearable repetition each testing your patience.

I will escape this pit of a game as soon as I'm done with class stories which composes 5% of total playtime. Truly a horrible for an RPG. SWTOR is every testament to the reason I want MMORPG market to die out so gamers could enjoy proper RPG without absurd fillers all over the game.

A little outdated there as Bioware has already alleviated a lot of the issues with the mob issue. They eliminated practically half the mobs on Makeb. As to the quest objectives being on opposite sides of the world: you aren't meant to just zoom from one side of the world to the other, you're meant to do the sidequests that are scattered across the landscape, bridging the gap between main quests. Cry some more?

Edited by tmblake

I will escape this pit of a game as soon as I'm done with class stories which composes 5% of total playtime. Truly a horrible experience for an RPG. SWTOR is every testament to the reason I want MMORPG market to die out so gamers could enjoy proper RPG without absurd fillers all over the game.

Dat necro!

:rolleyes:

A little outdated there as Bioware has already alleviated a lot of the issues with the mob issue. They eliminated practically half the mobs on Makeb. As to the quest objectives being on opposite sides of the world: you aren't meant to just zoom from one side of the world to the other, you're meant to do the sidequests that are scattered across the landscape, bridging the gap between main quests. Cry some more?

All my concerns are still valid and I could do much better without those impediments, and I wasn't even talking about Makeb specifically.

Maybe you forgot the fact that most sidequests are completed with your first character of the faction. 2nd, 3rd, 4th time runs are not what anybody needs... unless you find absolutely no problem doing the same stuff 4 times over.

Edited by Highsis

God forbid there be combat in a combat game.

Section x used to have more mobs. It's already been nerfed and absolutely doesn't need to be nerfed again. So has Makeb.

Maybe people should just ask for free money since playing the game is so horribly onerous.

Edited by errant_knight

God forbid there be combat in a combat game.

Section x used to have more mobs. It's already been nerfed and absolutely doesn't need to be nerfed again. So has Makeb.

Maybe people should just ask for free money since playing the game is so horribly onerous.

How about reducing mob aggro radius, or make them not initiate combat unless you do(since if you are determined to fight you attack first anyway), or even don't knock me off my speeder for those of us who DON"T want to fight unnecessarily to enjoy views, to just do quests, or only fight essential fights?