Patch Notes 2.4 : Galactic Conflicts

erfilijo

02/10/2013

We are happy to announce the implementation of game update 2.4 "Galactic Conflicts". This update will bring significant improvements to your PvP experience. With this update, we hope to respond to the more competitive players. Here are the major changes to come.

General

• Global improvement of warzone performance. During warzones, a bug where overall performances were reduced has been corrected.

• The Probability of entering two identical warzones have been considerably reduced.

• Bolster in level 55 warzones has been reworked, so that endgame operation gear would have less impact.

Classes

• Minor balancing changes to adapt all classes to arena combat.

PvP

• Warzone queues are now common to all region servers (US, UE). This means you will be able to fight against teams from other servers. We chose to implement this to reduce the average queue time for all players.

• Official opening of Ranked Warzones season 1. In consequence, a new tier of PvP gear will be available. PvP index will be necessary to buy such gear.

• For each server, a real time ranking of the best guilds will be available on the official SWTOR. site, in a brand new section.

• Duels are now authorized on each faction's fleet in a dedicated training room.

Frontlines

• A new type of massive battle : the Frontlines. It consists in a large warzone with 5 distinct strategical zones that will have to be captured and controlled till the end of the allotted time. This battle will take place every 3 hours, and will finish after a maximum delay of 20 minutes. Each team will be composed of the 40 players on the queue with the higher valor rank.At the end of the warzone, each player will receive a reward proportionnal to the zones controlled and defended successfully by their faction.

Cartel Arenas

• We will implement a new system of small-group PvP. Reserved to hardened PvP players, the Cartel arenas are only available to players having attained Valor Rank 60.

• Players will fight in groups of 4 against 4 in three random arenas : the Geonosis Coliseum, the New Mandalore arena, and the Hutt's lair.

• Fighting in the Cartel Arenas will considerably infulence your PvP index ! The higher your PvP index is, the harder to defeat your enemies will be.

• The Cartel Arenas will be the only way to increase your Valor Rank to 110.

Space Warzones

• A whole new warzone, entirely dedicated to space fighting, will be implemented ! For the first time in SWTOR, players will be able to engage in space combat, using their very own ships ! More info regarding this will come soon.

Missions

• New Daily and Weekly PvP missions are to be implemented, so that PvP players can extend their PvP experience and the variety of their PvP activities.

Obviously, I invented this 2.4 patch notes myself, it is solely an invention. But you gotta admit, it would be so great to have such an update, don't you think ? Thus you are more than welcome to comment or leave your opinion on the PvP changes I suggested for SWTOR.Thanks for reading this post and for your comments.

Translated by Mana (Haze / Hyperion)

Edited by erfilijo

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, I invented this 2.4 patch notes myself, it is solely an invention. But you gotta admit, it would be so great to have such an update, don't you think ? Thus you are more than welcome to comment or leave your opinion on the PvP changes I suggested for SWTOR.Thanks for reading this post and for your comments.

Traducted by Mana (Haze / Hyperion)

Pretty funny read.

When really;

02/10/2013

We are happy to announce the implementation of game update 2.4 "Galactic Conflicts". This update will bring significant improvements to your PvP experience. With this update, we hope to respond to the more competitive players. Here are the major changes to come !

PvP

• Made some minor tweaks to the bolster system.

-----------------

Nah just kidding (at least I hope).

I really hope they do something great for 2.4, the invcentives to PvP at the moment are almost nothing. Also feels more like a chore than enjoyment.

Edited by Jayshames

omg, this would be like the best patch notes since release. while reading it, i was like "what the f.. and ****, im soooo damn happy now because bioware made it"

but unfortunately its only a fake and this made me reallly sad :(

bioware should take this invented patch notes as an example.

omg, this would be like the best patch notes since release. while reading it, i was like "what the f.. and ****, im soooo damn happy now because bioware made it"

but unfortunately its only a fake and this made me reallly sad :(

bioware should take this invented patch notes as an example.

I was like "Holy... I am very happy 'bout this update now!"

But no...

No.JPG.

So much potential for brokenedness. Valor admission to Arenas - don't want to grind on each alt to participate in Arenas; engine will choke on 40-player battles; it's not endgame Pve gear that breaks Bolster - it's the crafted unmoddable purples which get bolstered as if they were green.

Traducted by Mana (Haze / Hyperion)

Words cannot describe how sad I am right now.

I finaly thought that Bioware started to listen to the PVP comunity and bring joy to pvp...but when i read the end got very sad .:(

Maybe they'll take into consideration this post, but who knows...the dark side of the force surrounds Bioware :-S

For what purpose

for some entertainment you noob.

just put a duel arena where this senseless vip lounge is on the fleet.

and if you have FPS problems due to 3 or 4 duels on the fleet, then buy a better comp. i dont think there are tons of duels at the same time, you noob

for some entertainment you noob.

just put a duel arena where this senseless vip lounge is on the fleet.

and if you have FPS problems due to 3 or 4 duels on the fleet, then buy a better comp. i dont think there are tons of duels at the same time, you noob

Classy. Thumbs up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.