The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP armorings for PVE Pyro DPS?

Just wondering if there's been much testing done on how the 4-piece Conqueror armorings stack against 4-piece Arkanian/Underworld set bonus in PVE pyro dummy/ops bosses testing? Is this worth doing since I'm overflowing with ranked comms anyway at the moment?

Just wondering if there's been much testing done on how the 4-piece Conqueror armorings stack against 4-piece Arkanian/Underworld set bonus in PVE pyro dummy/ops bosses testing? Is this worth doing since I'm overflowing with ranked comms anyway at the moment?

PvP gear is for PvP, PvE gear is for PvE.

PvP gear is for PvP, PvE gear is for PvE.

That s one of the lamest answer I have ever read. You should definitely spend more time reading posts rather than thinking of an answer attempting to trash people.

To the OP, I believe that this is a relevant question. I don't have any data under my hand to help you but the PVP eliminator set should definitely bring some advantage as opposed to the PVE Combat Tech set thanks to its higher RS crit rate.

Few fights allow you to repeatedly use the crit buff and better RS crit rate > RS +8% dmg.

However, it is possible that overall, the PVE combat tech set might perform better than PVP Eliminator thanks to its better stats.

Clearly something to look into.

Edited by ceelaniri

Pointless.

From 8% dmg to 15% crit you get 0.04% damage increase on Railshot.

Which immediately gets obliterated by the loss of damage on everything else as you lose 80 aim.

Could you show the math on this, I'm interested.

I would actually appreciate the math as well. Honestly, my pyrotech is like 4th or 5th of my alts on the list to get gear, so she's not getting set bonuses any time soon. It would be a lot easier to get a 4 piece PvP bonus, then just buy mods, 72 chest/belt/bracers, etc. and scrounge enhancements to gear her, if it wasn't *that* much of an overall loss.

My toon has 66.7% surge and 28.45% crit. Add to that 30% surge from the talent tree, and you are looking at 27.51 crit% with 100% modifier.

If RS hit for 100 non-crit without any set bonus, if will hit on average for 127.51 damage including crits.

> 8% dmg bonus increases that average damage to 137.71

> 15% crit% bonus will chance the 28.45% to 43.45%, or 42.02% with a 100% modifier. That will make the RS deal 142.02 damage on average.

The crit bonus results in a higher average damage, a 142.02/137.71 = 1.031 which results in a 3.1% damage increase by swapping the 8% damage out for the 15% crit. When you then consider that Rail Shot makes up for about 20% of the rotation, you are looking at a 0.6% DPS increase using PvP armorings. Conqueror mods have 68 Aim. Elite gear has 81 aim. So you are looking at trading in around 44 Aim, for a 0.6% damage increase. That choice I leave to you, but I hardly doubt it will make any significant difference.

I roughly agree with Kameki.

My decimal place was off and I meant 4% in my previous post not 0.04% I was working off my own high surge char which is why mine is higher.

Also the difference is 80 aim when comparing Conqueror and Underworld which reduces all attack damage.

PvE setbonus is higher 8% bonus damage on railshot that even with the armour penetration lost .

Will come out on top vs the critical from pvp .

Sorry especially for pyro , who has even more railshots then AP and more armour penetration .

There is no competition for that one .

Couldn't you make up for the loss of AIM with the Reflex augments? Normally with augments you would be adding more AIM to what you already have for a nice damage increase but if you get a slight increase from the gear stats from the PvP armorings it may be worth it. Especially since most would recommend the Reflex augments over the Overkill augments now.

Just wondering. I plan on using my PT more (been focusing on my healers and my tanks) and need to get him geared.

Couldn't you make up for the loss of AIM with the Reflex augments? Normally with augments you would be adding more AIM to what you already have for a nice damage increase but if you get a slight increase from the gear stats from the PvP armorings it may be worth it. Especially since most would recommend the Reflex augments over the Overkill augments now.

Just wondering. I plan on using my PT more (been focusing on my healers and my tanks) and need to get him geared.

It would still be the same aim loss, because you would be using the aim augments in the pve gear as well.