The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please make Cartel Coin Pets & Mounts Account-Wide

Jadza

I am really reluctant to spend real world money or my cartel coins on something only one character will benefit from. After all, I don't know if I am going to even keep certain characters. I may delete some to start new ones.

I mean I understand why they do it for certain items like the Armor Sets, but mount and pets make no sense to me. The player receives no gameplay benefit from them and even the social benefits are few and far between. If I am going to spend my cartel coins I want it to be for something all my characters will benefit from now and in the future.

So please SWTOR, consider making all the cartel coin pets, mounts, and perhaps even toys account-wide.:D

Have you checked out the Collection system? It can make pretty much all Cartel Market stuff accessible to all characters on your account. You can even get multiples of all the equippable stuff for your companions. Edited by nateslice

Have you checked out the Collection system? It can make pretty much all Cartel Market stuff accessible to all characters on your account. You can even get multiples of all the equippable stuff for your companions.

Yes, but not all pets or mounts are available trough the Cartel and by the way WHY I have to pay more coins (forget if is less coins expending) for an item to make it available to others characters on my account. Its not better to pay for it ones and be available to the rest of your characters???

Have you checked out the Collection system? It can make pretty much all Cartel Market stuff accessible to all characters on your account. You can even get multiples of all the equippable stuff for your companions.

This is not true. I bought a vehicle for my inquisitor and only she can access it. I cannot get a copy of it now that I have claimed it. It is my one and only such purchase from the cartel market and I will never buy another again unless they change their policy.

Edited by Jadza

I suspect that's a bug related to that one vehicle: I've never had problems claiming items for my other characters once they've been added to the collection. Which vehicle was it? And are you sure you have enough cartel coins to unlock it for the account? Because it does cost a small amount extra to do that.

This is not true. I bought a vehicle for my inquisitor and only she can access it. I cannot get a copy of it now that I have claimed it. It is my one and only such purchase from the cartel market and I will never buy another again unless they change their policy.

Maybe it works like the armor does where only certain pieces can be duplicated on other characters. I have many vehicles in collections now. For the ones I care most about (Lhosan Manta, Aratech Nethian, Gurian Lightning), I paid 60 credits each and can get them on all of my characters.

Have you "unlocked" it so that any of your characters can claim it?

The vehicle I purchased was the 'Solaris' something... I am not sure what you mean by "unlocked" but I use it all the time. It should be 'unlocked' as soon as I use it the first time. I shouldn't have to pay anything extra.

Besides, for the price I paid it should be automatically unlocked for all my characters. The idea that I would have to pay more to unlock it for the others is ludacris and if thats the way they are doing things they won't get any more of my money.

You have to pay a small amount of credits through the collections system to "unlock" cartel items to make them accessible to every character you ever create. I can (kind of, but not really) understand complaints about how it's "another way for them to bleed money out of us" but it's only a very small amount per item and it means you don't have to buy it again. Ever. Edited by Sibenice

Yep, it's not ludicrous at all. Once you have it, you pay a little bit extra to be able to reproduce it as many times as you like. It's a far better deal than having to buy it separately on every character you want to have it.

For example, I pulled an Aratech Nethian out of a Contraband pack. Spending 60 CC to register it in my Collection means I can get a free Nethian on every character I have now or will ever create, on any server. It sure beats having to buy a scooter separately for each character.

The Collection system does have a little quirk that might explain the trouble you're having. Equipping your scooter on your main puts it in your Collection, but to register it properly, you'll have to log in on a different character. Pull up your Collection on that character, and look for the scooter. You should see the Cartel Market icon there. Click on that, and you'll see how many CC you have to spend to register it. You'll see that it's much cheaper than buying the scooter was in the first place.

Once you've paid that registration fee once, every character on your account will be able to get that scooter out of your Collection for free.

I think it's totally worth it.

Edited by nateslice

I've just been studying the collection system in more detail and it turns out that only items from the randomised packs can be unlocked in the collection: anything that can be bought directly from the CM can't be unlocked and you have to pay full price to get it on another character. That should definitely be sorted out :mad: Edited by Shadowcaper

I don't think that's the case. I have the Clandestine Officer's Uniform on my Sniper. It cost me something like 1400 CC to buy outright from the market. I have the option of registering it for 600 CC.

The reason I haven't already done so is that's the only character I'm inclined to put that outfit on, so there's no point in making it available to my other characters.

The vehicle I purchased was the 'Solaris' something... I am not sure what you mean by "unlocked" but I use it all the time. It should be 'unlocked' as soon as I use it the first time. I shouldn't have to pay anything extra.

Besides, for the price I paid it should be automatically unlocked for all my characters. The idea that I would have to pay more to unlock it for the others is ludacris and if thats the way they are doing things they won't get any more of my money.

This particular mount is not "bind on account" or addable to your collection until after 2.2. This was in the patch notes, but not widely publicized. It definitely should have been noted on the screen when purchasing it.

I would like to see an improvement to this system for Subs. Something to benefit those who pay monthly. A good way to start? The system of "claiming" an item should be free to Subs.

Technically, claiming is free. It's just registering that costs coins. And the amounts vary so widely, I don't think it'd make a whole lot of sense to make them free.

If, say, all costs were reduced by up to 100 for subscribers, that'd be pretty cool. On the other hand, Collection already greatly reduces what you'd spend on the Cartel Market otherwise. I actually have some doubts as to the wisdom of this system in the long run. Get a nice vehicle, a couple of good crystals and a few cool suits of armor in your Collection, and honestly, do you really have any need for the Cartel Market after that?

Edited by nateslice

Sure, they're always adding new things to the market that people enjoy.

As it stand, the action of "claiming" isn't free at all. It costs Cartel coins, which cost real money. Subscribers should be given the ability to retrieve a new item without paying anything. I should be able to get a Command Throne on my Sith Juggernaut and go to my Sith Sorcerer and claim it free of all costs. I should be able to get a nice White Hawkeye crystal in a pack with my Powertech and be able to claim it on my Sorcerer...for free. As a perk of being a subscriber. I shouldn't have to fork out 600 CC, or what is basically $10 USD to "claim" an item. That's ridiculous.

I don't think that's the case. I have the Clandestine Officer's Uniform on my Sniper. It cost me something like 1400 CC to buy outright from the market. I have the option of registering it for 600 CC.

The reason I haven't already done so is that's the only character I'm inclined to put that outfit on, so there's no point in making it available to my other characters.

OK, I might have exagerated a bit, but it is true that, while the lvl 1 Armour sets can be added to the collection to be claimed by other characters, the lvl 15, 31 and 43 armour sets can't, and even if they could it most definitely shouldn't cost half the value of the original purchase. I'd be willing to pay about 200 CC's to unlock an armour set for my account. More than that is really pushing it, considering that I've already bought a copy of the set and I'm paying monthly to play the game anyway.

I understand that Bioware and EA need to make some money from the CM, but they need to realise that if they put the prices too high, people just aren't going to buy anything, and they don't need to do any more work to provide 10 copies of an armour set than 1, so there's really no reason for them to ask for more money.

Okay, let me explain my fustration.

Yes, the vehicle I purchased was the 'Solus Secant' and up until Tuesday's patch it was bugged, which explains why I could not get it account-wide.

The item description implied it would be unlocked account-wide and lacked any instructions on how to make it account-wide which added to my fustration.

I paid roughly $15.00 in cartel coins for this vehicle, which I was thinking was kinda steep, especially considering that I am a subscriber and the subscription price for this game is 20% higher than any other online game I subscribe to. (And yes technically-speaking I bought the speeder with the cc I get with my subscription, but thats not my point.)

So you can imagine, for a first-time purchase that this kinda felt like a sucker-punch to learn I actually had to pay $20 to get the vehicle on all my characters.

And yes $15-25 is pretty typical for a mount in WoW, which I'm okay paying because the initial sales usually go to a charity like the American Red Cross.

Edited by Jadza

I had the same issue. I even contacted CS on Twitter and Facebook. They were so nice not to respond to either inquiry regarding the unlock. I was contacted by a "fan" on the Facebook page who happened to know about the 2.2 glitch.

Now, if paying $15-$20 dollars isn't enough, I get to fork out another $10 for 600 CC so I can unlock the mount on all my characters? Isn't that just a little stupid? Which brings me back to my initial comment that Subs should not be charged to retrieve items from their "collection" on different characters. Look at WoW, all mounts and pets are Bind on Account. FREE OF ADDITIONAL CHARGE! Imagine that.