y u nerf my relics bioware?

crunchbarry

Ya it sucks but at the same time this might tone down healers a bit since they wont be getting those double procs.

I'd say that's a wash since most heals have cast times, and 50% or more of the dps use primarily instant abils. so the instant abil melee were getting more "bang for their buck" than the casting classes.

while I do agree that there's too much healing going on in regs (I think it's cuz there's an overabundance of healers), the healing proc relic is just insultingly bad. 1 tick from my auto attack on the mando heals for considerably more than the proc relic, and the mando heal ticks 3 or 4 times every 3s or so, not once over 3s with a 20s cd. just give us a constant stats relic. in fact, put all the proc relics on the same cd, and require everyone to have one flat and one proc relic. everyone will pretty much take the power proc, aside from tanks, but I don't see a problem with that. make the constant relic main stat and crit but more appealing than the matrix cube (factoring the needlessly complicated bolster - or just don't give exp to matrix cubes via bolster).

I still don't understand why the new PvP sets didn't get Boundless Ages relics. Those are the high power ones if you've forgotten. The new PvE sets got upgraded Boundless Ages relics, but they were removed from PvP.

I still think the Elite War Hero Boundless Ages are still the best in the game for PvP power relics. Though that really sucks if you missed out on them or came in after 2.0.

I still don't understand why the new PvP sets didn't get Boundless Ages relics. Those are the high power ones if you've forgotten. The new PvE sets got upgraded Boundless Ages relics, but they were removed from PvP.

I still think the Elite War Hero Boundless Ages are still the best in the game for PvP power relics. Though that really sucks if you missed out on them or came in after 2.0.

Since the boundless ages have expertise on them they will reduce your expertise by too much with bolster, because of this the matrix cube is probably the best option to go for with alot of specs. You only lose 2 expertise with bolster over one of the new pvp relics so if the rest of your gear is pvp you will have 2016 expertise instead of 2018 and at that lvl you still have maxed out pvp dmg boost etc while retaining stat boost from matrix cube. Since the matrix cube doesnt eat away at your expertise like the wh ones it will overall do more dmg in wz.

Its ridiculous that its came to this but just shows how lame bolster can be sometimes.

Edited by AngusFTW

I'll check it out. I still have my matrix cube. So I'll give it a go. I'm not having any trouble putting up 700k+ dmg with my min/maxed Sent with the EW Boundless Ages. I'm only around 1850 exp. I take a hit by using PvE armorings for the higher end and str in my belt and braces. I realize this is old school and sort of a no-no post-2.0 put I got better parses out of it and haven't noticed any real detriment in matches. But either way, I'll definitely give your suggestion a go! Thanks!

Since the boundless ages have expertise on them they will reduce your expertise by too much with bolster, because of this the matrix cube is probably the best option to go for with alot of specs. You only lose 2 expertise with bolster over one of the new pvp relics so if the rest of your gear is pvp you will have 2016 expertise instead of 2018 and at that lvl you still have maxed out pvp dmg boost etc while retaining stat boost from matrix cube. Since the matrix cube doesnt eat away at your expertise like the wh ones it will overall do more dmg in wz.

Points for Bleez.

I swapped my second conq relic (the damage proc) for my Cunning Matrix cube, it gave 2017 expertise bolstered in warzones and still at 60% / 37.5% expertise PvP bonus. Rest of my gear is 9 conq and 4 partisan with advanced 28 augments.

When I was working out the scaling of the PvP bonus with the stat back on PTS, it came out as maxing around 2013 expertise, so you can be a point or two under maximum possible expertise with gear (2018) and still over the cap. With bolster I'm still past cap, so gogo Matrix Cube with your lovely, tasty main stat.

Edited by Wainamoinen

tested this theory of EWH boundless relic having only 2 more expertise than any other relic with no expertise (because it just seems stupid and unbelieveable) - and this is correct.

why didn't bioware re-itemize the EWH relics and take expertise off those as well if this is the case?