Now that transfers are near...........

DarthDano

How much are they going to cost us Bioware. Pretty slick how you put it off and put it off meanwhile we're rolling more and more new characters. And now you finally decide to unlock the transfers again, so I'm curious. I know I'm getting the shaft regardless of the fact that I've been a loyal subscriber since launch. Just wondering how deep the shaft is going to go. Be gentle.

It "May" cost cartel coins? Ya think? Only been playing for a while but I'm pretty familiar with the fact that its just a game and I'm breathing just fine superman. But thanks I'll take it under advisement.

"May", as in possibly. Some MMOs have no transfer fees, while others charge $25 out of your pocket. So whatever it is they do, or possibly will do, will be a mystery until 2.2 when they have it all worked out. Just don't see a need for getting worked up over something so minor :)

Edited by Superman_AZ

Yeah, it may...it may not cost CCs. It might just be a payment, like ROTHC was. Just sayin'.

Well, lets look at some other MMOs.

Server transfers in WoW cost $25, $24.95 in LOTRO, GW2 is about $25, Aion, $24.99

Rift - FREE! But you can only do one character every 7 days.

TERA - FREE! But a lot of restrictions, limit to what you can move in currency/inventory/ranks, and must be at least level 40.

So, who knows what swtor will do.

name change : 1000 cc

guild's name change : 3000 cc

server change : :eek: cc

Considering the price to purchase CCs, I would not imagine it would exceed 3500CC. That would be more than $25, and at that point, they are better off just charging the $25.

Edited by Superman_AZ

Considering the price to purchase CCs, I would not imagine it would exceed 3500CC. That would be more than $25, and at that point, they are better off just charging the $25.

Even if its 3000cc's that a whole lot of $$ for someone to move over a few characters. Hopefully they'll charge by the legacy and not per character.

"May", as in possibly. Some MMOs have no transfer fees, while others charge $25 out of your pocket. So whatever it is they do, or possibly will do, will be a mystery until 2.2 when they have it all worked out. Just don't see a need for getting worked up over something so minor :)

I just hope they do decide to go ahead, last I looked at a response in regard to it on the forums on another thread, Eric told us they were hoping to but made no guarantees, 2.2 would be made all the worthwhile for me to transfers my neglected toons off Jung Ma as I haven't played there for many months, so come on, BRING OUR TRANSFERS!!!

Even if its 3000cc's that a whole lot of $$ for someone to move over a few characters. Hopefully they'll charge by the legacy and not per character.

The distinct advantage here can also be a disadvantage. Since there has never been a real service before, there is no real precedent to charge a fee. But, knowing most for-profit companies are all about ways to make that $$, they could still model their transfer fees after other MMOs. As someone else pointed out, most of them are in the neighborhood of $25.

If they feel the urge to charge, I hope they are reasonable in their charges. Maybe $10 per character or $25 per legacy. At least then it would give people a chance to move one character a month if that is all they could really afford. I know it makes no difference to me, but it would be nice to see an MMO take their player-base into consideration before implementing a new service.

I just hope they do decide to go ahead, last I looked at a response in regard to it on the forums on another thread, Eric told us they were hoping to but made no guarantees, 2.2 would be made all the worthwhile for me to transfers my neglected toons off Jung Ma as I haven't played there for many months, so come on, BRING OUR TRANSFERS!!!

Seriously man I've been feeling like that since they introduced the legacy system. They've definitely been dragging their feet. I believe it's going to be extraordinarily profitable for Bioware. Makes me think that's why they've been dragging their feet. CHA-CHING!!!!!!

The distinct advantage here can also be a disadvantage. Since there has never been a real service before, there is no real precedent to charge a fee. But, knowing most for-profit companies are all about ways to make that $$, they could still model their transfer fees after other MMOs. As someone else pointed out, most of them are in the neighborhood of $25.

If they feel the urge to charge, I hope they are reasonable in their charges. Maybe $10 per character or $25 per legacy. At least then it would give people a chance to move one character a month if that is all they could really afford. I know it makes no difference to me, but it would be nice to see an MMO take their player-base into consideration before implementing a new service.

Here here!!! See Superman..... I knew we were on the same page seeing things eye to eye.

I hope they offer a discounted "Legacy Transfer" option to transfer all your characters because doing them all individually will get expensive.

I really hope so too. I want to change server types and though I have made some characters on my desired server, I have several on my current server. And to be honest I don't really want to play my new characters on my desired server without all my Legacy perks, not to mention the support of my other characters. Already had that fresh newbie experience at launch, thanks. :p

I liked the flat $25 fee that GW2 charges -- that is to change servers, not simply to transfer a single character. All your characters have to be on one server in that game though (last I checked), so I wouldn't expect it to be quite that inexpensive to move a whole Legacy and/or multiple characters. Still, I'm crossing my fingers for a package deal so I don't have to abandon (well, let stay abandoned, really) a few mid-level characters that I like, but sure as heck am not paying $20+ each to transfer.

Edited by Gwena