Can you pvp on a pve server?

Sizicer

Me and my guild want to pose an attack on the republic. No one has ever done this and we thought it would just be fun to fight our fellow rivals. Now im worried we would be banned due to it being a pve area. But aslong as we dont spawn camp and dont start attacking every planet only one, and lets say we only attack a level 40 planet or above. With that in mind do you think we would be banned.

Never played on a pve server so far, because I would hate to see the enemy nation around without the chance to attack them. However as far as I know it should simply be impossible, because it won't flag you for pvp. On a pvp server every planet is a pvp area and it will flag you.

I wouldn't worry about a ban, because red = dead. As long as the enemy is flag it is a valid target, but I would say that on a pve server you simply don't get flagged.

All I remember from reading about this is that it's forbidden to kill quest givers just to annoy other people who can't complete their quests because the giver is dead, so sounds good to me. Though you won't be able to attack people who haven't flagged themselves to pvp.

You can't kill quest givers in imperial bases anyway they are green..

This kinda thing CAN be done on a pve server but only if the other faction decides to flag and play along otherwise you'll just be killing there elites over and over again.. This is usually what happens...

Me and my guild want to pose an attack on the republic. No one has ever done this and we thought it would just be fun to fight our fellow rivals. Now im worried we would be banned due to it being a pve area. But aslong as we dont spawn camp and dont start attacking every planet only one, and lets say we only attack a level 40 planet or above. With that in mind do you think we would be banned.

did this on voss once. we were 50s though. so none of the imperial players were willing to flag themselves (understandable). I forget why we were there.

anyway, be careful. it's an instant kill in some areas (similar to going into the enemy's base on old ilum pvp area). Black Hole is an instant kill. Someone mentioned being able to hop over rocks to get into the pub section x base. you can kill other faction npcs on makeb, but I'm not sure about their bases. it's possible to get to the pub base on avesta, but I'm not sure about the imperial base on gravity hook 7 (requires unlocking an elevator).

You can trick people into turning on their flag by getting in their AoE blast. Also camping on a medbay respawn to repeatedly kill people who are flagged is a dick move and might get you some reports.

Apart from those two issues there shouldn't be a problem.

on a pve server you cant attack (outside of ilums pvpzone) another player unless he agrees to be attacked.

so you´ll have to go to qa pvp server

This. Other faction player is not flagged on PvE server (his color is blue) you can't attack him. If he is flagged (color is yellow) you can attack him. 99.99% of the population on PvE servers will be in blue.

• 4 months later...
well I think pvp on a pve server is a great idea because when I was on a pvp server, I would just be walking around and I would get ganked while minding my own business. of course, that got me upset and I said I want to get a higher level and then "return the favor" if you will. I agree though, if you really want to pvp, just go on a pvp server. Who knows, maybe I will go back to a pvp server, but this time, I'll be ready:D