If your thinking of rolling a PT for DPS, don't!

Individual

This is an AoE and DoT class. It has its place in any group, PvE or PvP, with a proper team composition. Pyro or AP make an excellent compliment to a Lethality or Engineering Sniper for example. PT has always excelled at clearing groups, be it DPS or tanking. That's just our niche in the group.

PvE content isn't that difficult to clear in this game, so as far as I'm concerned, any class in any spec is viable to complete it...with perhaps the exception of DPS Operative, which has been nerfed hard for a long time. In Operations, I will almost always run AP because the sustained damage is higher. Some bosses I will switch to Pyro just because the uptime is better w/ all the DoTs when you have to run around a lot.

Personally, I don't put much stock in dummy parses. Those are under the most ideal and controlled conditions possible, and not an accurate measure of DPS potential. Not in my book. Very few instances allow you to have 100% uptime and max efficiency on your rotation.

Operative dps is HIGHER than PTs currently. They fixed Lethality so it does a crap ton more culls. PT and dps Sins are bottom of the barrel.

And what do you mean sustained damage in AP, you got one dot. Everything else is melee rangeish. Rail and immolate have way too long of a cd. And your rotation lives and dies from FT. Pyro is better sustained from the dots. And also rail shot being able to reset and be used at 30m when the bosses are moving around.

Edited by Sardonyyx

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operative dps is HIGHER than PTs currently. They fixed Lethality so it does a crap ton more culls. PT and dps Sins are bottom of the barrel.

Higher parses, yes. Higher real world application, probably not. I'll never understand why so many players put stock in these numbers against a stationary target that has zero mechanics. How many operation bosses resemble a target dummy again? I lost count.

Higher parses, yes. Higher real world application, probably not. I'll never understand why so many players put stock in these numbers against a stationary target that has zero mechanics. How many operation bosses resemble a target dummy again? I lost count.

It is relevant as it shows the maximum average output. Vengeance kicks the dummy's arse but it doesn't approach that on any fights other then target dummy like encounters, so I understand where you're coming from. They are still a valid way of comparing specs because the variables can be controlled and parses can be compared in an objective way. What I don't agree with are people who parse 20mins+ and hand pick the most ideal 5mins and trim it up, because that doesn't give you a realistic representation of what is the typical performance of a spec. I would still say that styrak is the best fight to determine what a classes true potential is, as it has a good mix of movement, target switching and burn phases.

I don't recall saying dummy parses. I meant parses on hm bosses.

I would still say that styrak is the best fight to determine what a classes true potential is, as it has a good mix of movement, target switching and burn phases.

For what it's worth, a vanguard currently holds the highest (full fight) parse on 16m hm styrak.

For what it's worth, a vanguard currently holds the highest (full fight) parse on 16m hm styrak.

I have been studying that parse ever since I noticed it uploaded, Its very impressive. Its the exact same spec that a certain 'greatest AP player of all time' has been dragging through the dirt (the same person who says dummy parses are irrelevant, yet posts their own dummy parses as proof of AP's superiority.)

I wonder if C-tor would be willing to share their crit rating and their choice of set bonus.

Edited by Marb

Anyone saying that AP/Tactics or Pyro/Assault is fine, youre out of your **********-i-n-g mind!!! Seriously, compare it pre 2.0 to now. You're high off of bat ****. I actually read up on the rotations, stat priority, and watch vids on this class to make sure I'm playing it right. This class is...meh...okay. To say the least.

Nobody can disagree that this class needs something back. If you're saying its fine, its probably because its not your main, or you're just trying to make sure we dont get buffed again by saying the class is right where it's at.

I have been studying that parse ever since I noticed it uploaded, Its very impressive. Its the exact same spec that a certain 'greatest AP player of all time' has been dragging through the dirt (the same person who says dummy parses are irrelevant, yet posts their own dummy parses as proof of AP's superiority.)

I wonder if C-tor would be willing to share their crit rating and their choice of set bonus.

say what you will.. but the guy gets a funky log and the tor parse saves it. A smart person would wonder why 1 log is way higher then everyone else... thus an outlier... but then again smart people and you guys are not one in the same.

He used the RNG based hybrid spec... but at the same time you can never trust a Seveity Gaming log as they edit their logs and exploit constantly... they will deny it but i ran with them before and that is why i quit running with them.

Edited by Hizoka

say what you will.. but the guy gets a funky log and the tor parse saves it. A smart person would wonder why 1 log is way higher then everyone else... thus an outlier... but then again smart people and you guys are not one in the same.

He used the RNG based hybrid spec... but at the same time you can never trust a Seveity Gaming log as they edit their logs and exploit constantly... they will deny it but i ran with them before and that is why i quit running with them.

Here we go again..."they beat me so they obviously cheat"

Come on...just grow up, please.

Before you edited your reply I believe you pointed at the end of the parse as the suspicious part, to which I reply, have you done this fight? (here's a hint... the kell dragon respawns)

Really? You're resorting to slinging mud because someone can put up bigger numbers than you in boss fights? Ok, let's go there. Assuming you are who I think you are (eckoh, right?), you quit severity after the GM wouldn't delay progression a full week to wait for you (an applicant in his second week with the guild) to level to 55 after 2.0, when we already had 16 55's ready to go. You didn't have early access so you got left out of the first lockout, and decided to gquit instead of trying to earn a raid spot.

Also I wouldn't consider being an app who quit after a week of farm runs "running with severity".

P.S. We're doing fine without you, don't worry.

Edited by namesaretough

Before you edited your reply I believe you pointed at the end of the parse as the suspicious part, to which I reply, have you done this fight? (here's a hint... the kell dragon respawns)

Really? You're resorting to slinging mud because someone can put up bigger numbers than you in boss fights? Ok, let's go there. Assuming you are who I think you are (eckoh, right?), you quit severity after the GM wouldn't delay progression a full week to wait for you (an applicant in his second week with the guild) to level to 55 after 2.0, when we already had 16 55's ready to go. You didn't have early access so you got left out of the first lockout, and decided to gquit instead of trying to earn a raid spot.

Also I wouldn't consider being an app who quit after a week of farm runs "running with severity".

P.S. We're doing fine without you, don't worry.

Lolol pwned.

Pew pew Hizoka.

Bump

I've had a PT dps since before launch, not only is it my main it's my only max level toon. I just don't get any enjoyment out of multiple toons, call me weird.

I didn't come to argue really, but I'm in favor of rolling back the Pyro PT. At the least I think it needs to be addressed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.