When will there be Covert Pants Energy Armor?

Atownarmy

Why?

So you can run around in default gray underwear? That's pointless IMO.

The chest piece is equally pointless for female characters, but at least it has a use for male characters to go bare chest.

Now if you could at least dye the underwear.. then maybe... butI doubt that will happen in this dye system.

Now, in fairness.. female characters have access to dancer bottoms.. so I do support speedos for the male character set. :D But NOT on body type 4. :p

Edited by Andryah

Why?

The chest piece is equally pointless for female characters, but at least it has a use for male characters to go bare chest.

Now if you could at least dye the underwear.. then maybe... butI doubt that will happen in this dye system.

Now, in fairness.. female characters have access to dancer bottoms.. so I do support speedos for the male character set. :D But NOT on body type 4. :p

Good thing the devs don't decide what to do and not to do based on what you think is pointless :rak_03:

Good thing the devs don't decide what to do and not to do based on what you think is pointless :rak_03:

Nor based on every pesonal desire and idea that get's posted on the forum. ;)

Seriously though... I get that male characters deserve some skimpy bottom armor in the modern era of MMOs and a space themed IP that is open as SW.... so why not ask for something that does not just default to gray naked character underwear??

Edited by Andryah

Is this something that is in the works for a future cartel pack? Do we have an ETA? I look kinda silly walking around in kapris.

What I think is funny is that the torso rains like candy and often fills the first 5 pages of "adaptive chest armor" on the GTN, listed for as little as 500 creds, but the wrist cuffs usually have maybe 2 entries and list for 100k.

I have an adorable body type 4 twi'lek in all covert armor. He gets tons of attention. People seem to enjoy him for the fun he was created for. He would so rock a speedo! (He doesn't have the wrist yet because I haven't found it listed for under 350k)

And on any discussion of covert armor, I have to add my plea that the devs. add proper skins to the rest of our companions so they can all wear it!

Edited by Damask_Rose

Why?

I want you to explain why, when I asked a question of when they will come out, you took time out of your day to NOT answer the question, but tell me that you don't like them.

That is what your adult mind thought would be a good use of your time and effort, sidetracking a very basic question, so that other people would hear your opinion on something that you don't even care that much about.

Edited by Atownarmy

I want you to explain why, when I asked a question of when they will come out, you took time out of your day to NOT answer the question, but tell me that you don't like them.

It's a common trait. Many people answer the question they think was asked or one that they would prefer to answer rather than the one which was actually asked.

That is what your adult mind thought would be a good use of your time and effort, sidetracking a very basic question, so that other people would hear your opinion on something that you don't even care that much about.

Probably because no one can answer the question you asked except the devs. Which means since this is an open forum you'll get anyone who wishes to answer answering. Does that explain? If you did not wish for everyone to comment, I would suggest sending an email to them next time.

Here's an answer: We don't know, and you're unlikely to find out by asking.

The next logical question is: Why did you even ask? You must have assumed that no one here had a specific answer and a reasonable person would assume that simply asking out of the blue would be very unlikely to get such an announcement. So, if you had no expectation of getting an answer and no desire to hear anyone else's thoughts on the matter: Why ask?

Here's the answer you don't want: Probably a long while, possibly never. There simply isn't a demand because Andryah's opinions are not unique. With the various dancer/bikini bottoms for females, there's no real need for covert pants for females and I suspect the desire for a male version is only a small fraction of what it is for females. Is it a complex model/texture job? Probably not, but I'd guess the desire for them is miniscule, and if they would be released, they would quickly fall to the very cheapest end of the GTN and be regarded as CM trash.

So the ugly followup question is: Why should they waste time on something so few people want?

What I think is funny is that the torso rains like candy and often fills the first 5 pages of "adaptive chest armor" on the GTN, listed for as little as 500 creds, but the wrist cuffs usually have maybe 2 entries and list for 100k.

The chest piece has very limited use....and not all that many people interested in the barbarian or Chippendales look. However, the wrists have a lot of use as there can be a lot of weird looking interplay between bracers and gloves, particularly with the less bulky gloves that don't cover up the bracers. So it allows you to go with a look of just gloves....no bracers. The wrist piece is definitely less common in packs....but it also has more universal appeal and demand than the chestpiece. The combination of the two drives the price.

Here's an answer: We don't know, and you're unlikely to find out by asking.

The next logical question is: Why did you even ask? You must have assumed that no one here had a specific answer and a reasonable person would assume that simply asking out of the blue would be very unlikely to get such an announcement. So, if you had no expectation of getting an answer and no desire to hear anyone else's thoughts on the matter: Why ask?

Here's the answer you don't want: Probably a long while, possibly never. There simply isn't a demand because Andryah's opinions are not unique. With the various dancer/bikini bottoms for females, there's no real need for covert pants for females and I suspect the desire for a male version is only a small fraction of what it is for females. Is it a complex model/texture job? Probably not, but I'd guess the desire for them is miniscule, and if they would be released, they would quickly fall to the very cheapest end of the GTN and be regarded as CM trash.

So the ugly followup question is: Why should they waste time on something so few people want?

So your answer is: I dont know. Thats all you had to say. I asked the question to see if anyone had heard anything, or knew anything. You have no information at all, but you still answered.

And for your follow up question: People obviously want it, based on the prices of the rest of the set, and it is not time demanding at all compared to a different armor set that needs to go through a design process. So your question is really stupid.

Anddd.... that just became my signature!

The chest piece is equally pointless for female characters

Err... no it's not ?

Unless you can show me an adaptative chest piece that shows arms & belly button, doesn't come with a hood & doesn't make you look like a whore.

Plus it matches with the relaxed uniform pants. :cool:

Actually, I answered a question with a question and followed with an opinion. ;) As is my right as a forum member in a forum where opinons are common as are questions.

And, I do care. I support adding proper skimpy armor for male characters for the leg slot.

Edited by Andryah

So I have this lil' Sith smuggler that I put in some sort of dancer pants or something and I put a smuggler jacket over her. The pants look a whole lot like a furry bikini bottom, well, more of a thong really.

I forget what color they normally are but when I match colors with her current coat, it's black. She happens to have black hair, too.

So one could say the carpet matches the drapes in that particular outfit... :eek:

Facts:

Sun rises in morning.

Water is wet.

Fire burns things.

Andryah tells people their ideas are stupid and their complaints are invalid.

You just have to accept things things as truths...

I'd personally be more interested if they would give the covert chest piece a dye slot that you could unify the rest of the pieces to...

My wookiee does not like pants, so energy armor would probably work there. And I guess some people might want it?

Now, covert headgear hood toggle I would buy the heck out of.

Honestly, I don't understand why they don't make the covert energy headpiece just hide the hood like all the other head armors basically do... it's a super quick fix to an age old problem.