ETA on Advanced Class change?

Great Reply! you are 100% correct.... Its just a few who think they control the game.

So are you 100% ok with me purchasing level 55 characters?

What about being able to pay for a full set of Underworld gear?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balance as in; pay to play the best fotm then rinse and repeat then when the metrics are beyond screwed up what classes are balanced because people go from fotm to fotm, you'll have yourself to thank that this changes were greatly needed because people were to lazy to make an alt.

Yo haven't been keeping up with the thread.

Everyone that seems to like AC changes also believes there needs to be limitations thus making a FOTM change near impossible thru AC change purchase.

So, still not seeing a problem.

It is absolutely pay to win.

Only in a few peoples eyes I would wager.

You're buying your way into something you should have to work for. Granted, this is my opinion -- but I know plenty of other people feel the same way.

With the way SWTOR is setup you did work for it. No reason to make people grind throught eh exact same story and side quests just for the different AC. I did that with the sage and shadow. It's terrible. I wouldn't wish that on other gamers. They world for the 55 and as long as there are limitations and it stays within the characters AC - It's a good thing.

Guess what? Pure P2W would net BW a crapload of money, too! Charge $60 for a 55? $100 for a new tier of gear above anything you can get in-game?

You know why they won't implement that? They know the community is against it, and it is detrimental to their business in the long run.

You're right - Pure P2W would hurt the game. Since this is not a P2W mechanics its not a problem.

AC changes are just as bad for EA as purchasing a 55 character.

Similar but no where near as bad.

They lose out on the weeks/months of time you'd have to spend leveling an alt. And seeing as how leveling an alternate character is one of the most time-consuming things in the game, that the majority of people do -- they shouldn't want to give you a good reason not to level.

In the end, they've said it will come eventually -- so, until such a time as they announce it, there is no real reason for people to go crazy over it. Best to ignore it completely, and wait for them to bring it back up again.

And, don't forget how long we've waited for server transfers. Something tells me AC change probably won't exist for at least another year.

Oh yea - I don't expect it to come anytime soon but it will come. It will make money and it will set a very nice precedence in SWTOR for being the only game that allows this amazing feature cause of the way the game is designed. A class you're already very familiar with can have new life breathed into it with limitations and a cost (also being a limiting factor)

I can't wait but looks like I'll have to.

Edited by Quraswren

Dont try to twist that into a AC change.... that is not a good reason and its a dumb analogy.

People want the AC change on a toon they already invested in, time and money... even REAL money. That is completely different than an instant 55. I also run ops and HM's to earn my gear, like anyone else.

I do think though, I would be fine with the AC change as a one time deal as well... Compromise is fair.

Edited by Themanthatisi

Dont try to twist that into a AC change.... that is not a good reason and its a dumb analogy.

People want the AC change on a toon they already invested in, time and money... even REAL money. That completely different than an instant 55. I also run ops and HM's to earn my gear, like anyone else.

I do think though, I would be fine with the AC change as a one time deal as well... Compromise is fair.

It isn't an analogy. Don't twist my words into something you can reflect.

You didn't answer my question. Which is still posed to both you AND Anzel.

It isn't an analogy. Don't twist my words into something you can reflect.

You didn't answer my question. Which is still posed to both you AND Anzel.

No, come up with a comparable question and I will give you an answer. Your question has nothing to do, with a AC change.

Better yet, answer my question and try to make an attempt to justify how or why this would affect you, or the game... besides a few quitting.

This thread, for some of you that did not read the OP, is about a AC change, not anything else...

Edited by Themanthatisi

No, come up with a comparable question and I will give you an answer. Your question has nothing to do, with a AC change.

Ok, so you refuse to answer a question posed to you.

This isn't an analogy. I have no reason to come up with a comparable question. I am asking an honest question, and I'm sorry you're incapable of answering it.

It is a really simple question.

I'm quite OK with you leveling one AC and having the ability to buy an AC swap with limitations.

Buy full sets of gear. Wont ever happen.

SNIP...

I'm thinking twice. Once to see the other AC and if you try it and you like it less than where you started - you could at least go back for another charge.

Edited by Quraswren

Ok, so you refuse to answer a question posed to you.

This isn't an analogy. I have no reason to come up with a comparable question. I am asking an honest question, and I'm sorry you're incapable of answering it.

It is a really simple question.

yeah, so was mine... I am sticking to the theme of the OP, it would not be fair to the OP to get off track. If you ask the question, in a new thread, I will be very happy to make a reply in it.

go for it...

Edited by Themanthatisi

yeah, so was mine... I am sticking to the theme of the OP, it would not be fair to the OP to get off track. If you ask the question, in a new thread, I will be very happy to make a reply in it.

go for it...

Really? Both this response and the last response were rather off-topic as well.

I'm pointing out how ridiculous the logic you're using as an argument is.

You MUST be ok with me purchasing a 55 with full 72s, because it doesn't affect you and is none of your business.

I'm quite OK with you leveling one AC and having the ability to buy an AC swap with limitations.

Buy full sets of gear. Wont ever happen.

I'm thinking twice. Once to see the other AC and if you try it and you like it less than where you started - you could at least go back for another charge.

I can understand that.... I have already played the other side, in my case I have many of the classes. I am personally wanting to change a sent into a guardian, I know the class, since I have a 55 jugg I run OPS with. I just do not want, another JK, since I already have 12 toons. When I made my pub toons, it was early on, before I knew much about classes, like many of us, that came here because of KOTOR 1 and 2... :)

If this change was to happen, with some limitations, so people are not swapping back and forth every week... I welcome it. So, based on what you suggest, you would like to be able to change it once, and maybe have the option to revert back? I can live with that, others may not... lol.

Really? Both this response and the last response were rather off-topic as well.

I'm pointing out how ridiculous the logic you're using as an argument is.

You MUST be ok with me purchasing a 55 with full 72s, because it doesn't affect you and is none of your business.

logic, and you ask a question that has NOTHING to do with AC changes, and you throw in "logic"... ok, I wont reply to you anymore. :rolleyes:

Edited by Themanthatisi

logic, and you ask a question that has NOTHING to do with AC changes, and you throw in "logic"... ok, I wont reply to you anymore. :rolleyes:

Clearly, you are incapable of understanding.

You've agreed to Anzels reasoning behind why this should be in game. Reasoning = logic.

Using that SAME reasoning, or logic, I assume you'd be perfectly fine with me purchasing a lvl 55 character. Since it meets the exact criteria you agreed with.

I'm sorry if a simple thought process is too difficult for you to understand.

I can understand that.... I have already played the other side, in my case I have many of the classes. I am personally wanting to change a sent into a guardian, I know the class, since I have a 55 jugg I run OPS with. I just do not want, another JK, since I already have 12 toons. When I made my pub toons, it was early on, before I knew much about classes, like many of us, that came here because of KOTOR 1 and 2... :)

If this change was to happen, with some limitations, so people are not swapping back and forth every week... I welcome it. So, based on what you suggest, you would like to be able to change it once, and maybe have the option to revert back? I can live with that, others may not... lol.

Exactly but I'm thinking even for the swap back - there is a cost. Thats part of the limitation, along with not being able to change AC for say, 3 months (even to get back to your original AC)

For it to work it's got to have some pretty steep limitations but not so detrimental no one would do it.

Clearly, you are incapable of understanding.

You've agreed to Anzels reasoning behind why this should be in game. Reasoning = logic.

Using that SAME reasoning, or logic, I assume you'd be perfectly fine with me purchasing a lvl 55 character. Since it meets the exact criteria you agreed with.

I'm sorry if a simple thought process is too difficult for you to understand.

you look more dumb with every post... keep going, I am enjoying it. :D

you look more dumb with every post... keep going, I am enjoying it. :D

Impressive! So, not only do you fail to grasp a very basic statement someone else is making -- you cannot even counter it. Or respond like an adult.

Instead, you resort to ad hominem. You, sir, are certainly brilliant. Clearly, I'm the dumb one here.

Exactly but I'm thinking even for the swap back - there is a cost. Thats part of the limitation, along with not being able to change AC for say, 3 months (even to get back to your original AC)

For it to work it's got to have some pretty steep limitations but not so detrimental no one would do it.

I think you hit the idea in a way many would accept.... except for the few on here now that hate any idea like this, but let them gripe. Fact is, this would not hurt the game, other players and BW can make a few bucks on it.

After all, its not like someone is asking to buy an instant 55 fully geared, they just want to correct a past mistake... like they can now, in the barber shop. :)

I think you hit the idea in a way many would accept.... except for the few on here now that hate any idea like this, but let them gripe. Fact is, this would not hurt the game, other players and BW can make a few bucks on it.

It's a great marketing idea no doubt.

After all, its not like someone is asking to buy an instant 55 fully geared, they just want to correct a past mistake... like they can now, in the barber shop. :)

Exactly - Leveling one toon to 55 and swapping to it's alternate AC is no where near like getting a level 55 right out the gate.

My sent and guardian are so damn near the same. Doesn't matter if I tank or DPS.

For this game AC swapping could be amazing. There is way to much repetition in SWTOR levleing to make people go through the same story content twice. I did it once and It wont happen again. It's terrible.

Edited by Quraswren

Not in this game anyway. Way to much repetition in SWTOR to make people go through the same story content twice. I did it once and It wont happen again. It's terrible.

OMG GASP you mean you might have to run the same story TWICE! Man that is so much worse than in WoW where to have all 8 classes you had to do the same story 8 times! The horror of playing the same story twice! It is almost too much to bear!

Impressive! So, not only do you fail to grasp a very basic statement someone else is making -- you cannot even counter it. Or respond like an adult.

Instead, you resort to ad hominem. You, sir, are certainly brilliant. Clearly, I'm the dumb one here.

When you are prepared to ask a question, to why I like the AC change idea, that has relevance to the AC idea, I will reply to it.

Questions, trying to make a comparison, to another aspect of the game or game play, is not relevant to the question of AC change. But I did sneak in a reply to you, elsewhere, so it will be interesting to see if you read it.

I was not going to reply directly to you, because you asked a question that had nothing to do with a AC change. My reply, could be twisted and compared to the idea of AC change and further used to try and devalue my reasoning for the AC change. Once you understand that and reply back, with a question, that directly applies to changing of the AC, I will be more than happy to go back and forth with you... like adults. Fair enough?

Edited by Themanthatisi

When you are prepared to ask a question, to why I like the AC change idea, that has relevance to the AC idea, I will reply to it.

Questions, trying to make a comparison, to another aspect of the game or game play, is not relevant to the question of AC change. But I did sneak in a reply to you, elsewhere, so it will be interesting to see if you read it.

I was not going to reply directly to you, because you asked a question that had nothing to do, with a AC change. My reply, could be twisted and compared to the idea of AC change and further used to try and devalue my reasoning for the AC change. Once you understand that and reply back, with a question, that directly applies to changing of the AC, I will be more than happy to go back and forth with you... like adults. Fair enough?

It has absolutely everything to do with AC change, because AC change is the exact same thing as buying a brand new 55 with whatever gear you already had.

It has absolutely everything to do with AC change, because AC change is the exact same thing as buying a brand new 55 with whatever gear you already had.

what? LOL... Yeah, like the gear for a sentinal will be any good for a Guardian.... Or the gear for a sorce will work well on an assassin...

Really, this is the best you can do?

Dude, you would probably have to pay up big time too replace the gear. Do you know the difference between a focus and a shield generator?

You would be much better off, sticking to topic... really.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I was not going to reply directly to you, because you asked a question that had nothing to do with a AC change. My reply, could be twisted and compared to the idea of AC change and further used to try and devalue my reasoning for the AC change. Once you understand that and reply back, with a question, that directly applies to changing of the AC, I will be more than happy to go back and forth with you... like adults. Fair enough?

So -- in other words, by pointing out the flawed logic behind your acceptance of an AC change, you're telling me that it isn't related to an AC change?

Boy -- you really aren't good at this whole discussion thing, are you.

I pointed out THE LOGIC (aka reasoning, if you didn't grasp that) behind why you are ok with an AC change. THAT SAME LOGIC would mean you are ok with all other aspects of P2W. THEY ARE DIRECTLY RELATED.

If you cannot understand THAT, you should stop trying to act superior and accept your inability to understand a basic discussion point. The question was valid, and in DIRECT relation to the discussion on AC changes. You are using all attempts possible to deflect my question.

So, now I have not only asked you the question 3 times, but I've also explained TWICE how it is DIRECTLY related to your argument on AC changes.

IF you are not going to answer it, just say you refuse to answer it. Don't come up with complete BS reasons for it. Valid question, valid argument. YOU are the only one refusing to be an adult. And I am sorry for that -- it could've been an enlightening discussion for both sides.

PS: I'm not impressed with your lackluster attempts at passive aggresive insults hurled my way through moronic generalization. If you bothered to read the thread, especially my previous posts, you'd see my acquiecense to the point an earlier intelligent poster made clear.

Edited by Kilora

OMG GASP you mean you might have to run the same story TWICE! Man that is so much worse than in WoW where to have all 8 classes you had to do the same story 8 times! The horror of playing the same story twice! It is almost too much to bear!

Sorry to burst your bubble but WOW and SWTOR and not setup the same.

You can do a great deal of leveling in WOW and not hit the same areas or quests. That doesn't work in SWTOR.

You can level a tank and DPS and do exactly the same quests and class story and never see anything different in SWTOR. The first 10 levels being exact copies and the remaining being the same except for some minor button mashing.

While there is no AC's in WOW - SWTOR has them as a choice early on. This game is setup entirely different and an AC swap mechanic would more than work.

Trudging through the same story twice in SWTOR is a rather bleak experience just to see the other AC of a class you pretty much already know.

Edited by Quraswren