Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just add 1000cc

Greenify

99% of players would spend the coins on cartel packs. And you know it. ;) So clearly that is not the answer.

Why not write a personal email to Eric and ask him, plead with him, to give you 1000cc so you can have your free name change before you pee yourself. :)

Edited by Andryah

99% of players would spend the coins on cartel packs. And you know it. ;) So clearly that is not the answer.

then complain that the 1000cc wasnt "Free" for their sub, and still complain.

They haven't gave us free name changes yet? I don't really care about it since I'm not gonna use it. But didn't they say it was going to be a feature in 2.1 ? They are pretty late eh?
There was a problem with it and it's been delayed.

We'll get 'em soon™

They haven't gave us free name changes yet? I don't really care about it since I'm not gonna use it. But didn't they say it was going to be a feature in 2.1 ? They are pretty late eh?

They also subsequently said it would be delayed to 2.2. My guess is that they messed something up with how they issue it to players.. and had to pull it back before patch.

People seem to think that because they could go live with the paid version in the CCM, that there is no excuse for delaying the free one time version. Clearly, they are different delivery methods.. and people do not understand this. Hence one is working and gets released.. the other is not working and gets delayed.

If I had to guess.. it was bugged and would give a free rename to every character. Since that is generally how freebies have been awarded to date.. every character on an eligible account gets a freebie in their mail box when the servers come back up. Personally, I don't see the harm in that.. but it is not what they said they would do and it would make the CCM version kind of pointless. :)

Edited by Andryah

Why not write a personal email to Eric and ask him, plead with him, to give you 1000cc so you can have your free name change before you pee yourself. :)

troll

Because he is a forum moderator and not a GM?

Because he is a forum moderator and not a GM?

He is your communications channel to the developer team and community support.

Then again. this thread really just belongs in the suggestion forum anway.

Edited by Andryah

You should have just sent that to the OP in a personal message...

How hard would have it been to give us the free name change token on the first toon you logged into, made it bind on legacy so you couldn't sell it. Problem solved.

Thats not the issue though, they are holding off to make more money.

If you really want the name change you will buy it, if they gave you the free one odds are bairly anyone would have paid real money to get these. Deceptive marketing. And to be free the only reason we even get one free name change is because of that big screw up where they were advertising 1 free name change per month.

It's a good idea IMO, one of many.

Of course this sea of good ideas is good to post (in case they didn't think of it, which is naturally unlikely), but since we do not know WHY there is a delay it could all be for nothing.

At any rate, I think sending the coins would be one way to wash their hands of it. They can indicate they are doing so to cover the name change and then let players choose what they want to do with the coins.

Note: Passing out that many coins to almost 500k subs might effect, and/or even harm the current economy.

That's because 99% of people are fine with their names.

How hard would have it been to give us the free name change token on the first toon you logged into, made it bind on legacy so you couldn't sell it. Problem solved.
Programming MMO's ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise coding we could fall right through the floor or bounce your inventory into oblivion and that'd end your fun real quick, wouldn't it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.