Why no organic mounts?

Azhreal

As the title says, why are there no organic mounts? there are plenty of them in the movies, like tauntauns, obi-wans lizard. Would be cool to see a new kind of mounts in swtor. Anyone knows something about this?

As the title says, why are there no organic mounts? there are plenty of them in the movies, like tauntauns, obi-wans lizard. Would be cool to see a new kind of mounts in swtor. Anyone knows something about this?

Because they cant be bothered.

This should definitely be on the list of things to add to this game. The speeders are slow enough where it wouldn't be an unrealistic speed for a creature mount. They were fun in SWG, no reason they can't be done in this game. Edited by Twighead

They should totally waste time and what limited resources they have adding mounts instead of developing the destinations the mounts are GOING. Having mounts that you can sit on and not actually go anywhere is the best way to play an MMO.

They should totally waste time and what limited resources they have adding mounts instead of developing the destinations the mounts are GOING. Having mounts that you can sit on and not actually go anywhere is the best way to play an MMO.

You're totally right man, instead they should just recolor armors and put them up for 1400 cartel coins amirite? That is such a better use of development time. Oh and while we're at it, let's just retune existing flashpoints/operations for a higher level and introduce it as "new content" that is "exciting".

You're totally right man, instead they should just recolor armors and put them up for 1400 cartel coins amirite? That is such a better use of development time. Oh and while we're at it, let's just retune existing flashpoints/operations for a higher level and introduce it as "new content" that is "exciting".

Hey man, I can wear that recoloured armor in a recycled flashpoint and look dashing. You can't mount in most flashpoints!

I would guess it's because of the animation involved. Speeders are stationary. Organic mounts would have moving legs, arms, heads, and possibly tails.

it's easier to just recolor the existing mount models that they designed pre-launch

I lke how you completely disregard the new speeders that have entered the game over the last 6 months.

Organic mounts? In Star Wars lore.. organic mounts are localized indigenous creatures to particular planets. Speeders are mass produced and distributed galaxy wide. So, really... lore wise.. the request is out of sync IMO. There are some organic mounts on taxi routes on some planets.. so it's not a technical limitation IMO.. it's a lore limitation by choice.

Play WoW or Rift if you need organic mounts for personal satisfaction IMO. Personally, I find it refreshing to play and MMO for a change and not be limited to an organic mount.

Edited by Andryah

I lke how you completely disregard the new speeders that have entered the game over the last 6 months.

Organic mounts? In Star Wars lore.. organic mounts are localized indigenous creatures to particular planets. Speeders are mass produced and distributed galaxy wide. So, really... lore wise.. the request is out of sync IMO. There are some organic mounts on taxi routes on some planets.. so it's not a technical limitation IMO.. it's a lore limitation by choice.

Play WoW or Rift if you need organic mounts for personal satisfaction IMO. Personally, I find it refreshing to play and MMO for a change and not be limited to an organic mount.

The speeders take like 10 minutes to make (note exaggeration, do not take literally, Andryah)

Bioware made up Makeb. So they can certainly make some lore and put in organic mounts into the game.

Now try counter my arguments!

"It's a Lore-limitation"

But riding around on a throne isn't?

It's how Yoda got around before they realized puppets looked ridiculous next to CGI. :D

Edited by Jandi

Well the problem of some organic mounts not making sense on certain planet could be easily overcome by this - we could have item called "organic mount". It would be just like 1 speeder. Only it would look different on every planet. If you activated it on Hoth, you!d get tantau. If you activated in on Tat, you!d get Bantha, etc...

Such item for example could be given as a reward to dedicated players, lets say based on legacy level.