Large Guild vs Small Guild

Warrgames

[*]New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.

Why is that you are placing larger guilds over small tight knit guilds?

I can’t stand large guilds everyone that I’ve been in only care about their “core group”. The only reason that they have other member is so that they can sucker player in donating mats and credits for their use.

The one large guild I am in right now; I’m only in for ranked PvP. The guild leader uses the guild funds to swap his mods in his armor at least twice a week. The mats in guild bank go to his ranked team. Why would I want to be in large guilds? Where a small tight knit guild works together better then large guilds.

Why can it be for every 10% of total guild that is active you gain 1% bonus to XP and rep? Show the little guilds love.

Edited by Warrgames

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one large guild I am in right now; I’m only in for ranked PvP. The guild leader uses the guild funds to swap his mods in his armor at least twice a week. The mats in guild bank go to his ranked team. Why would I want to be in large guilds? Where a small tight knit guild works together better then large guilds.

I think the bigger question here is why you are in that guild.

I'm sure there must be other guilds that do ranked PVP you could join.

I think the bigger question here is why you are in that guild.

I'm sure there must be other guilds that do ranked PVP you could join.

Because I enjoy the guys in the guild. I just can't stand the guild leader. The guild fits with the times I play. Rotating shift work makes being in most guilds a pain.

I'd like to know what they mean by "Active"? Does that mean active sub or just simply online? If it means you have to have 25 people online for a 10% bonus that's pretty ridiculous, we usually max out in the teens somewhere and that's only when there's a raid going, and if you're at a raid you're max level with no need for an xp bonus. :rolleyes:

If Active means Online, just say online and stop being so cryptic.

I can’t stand large guilds everyone that I’ve been in only care about their “core group”. The only reason that they have other member is so that they can sucker player in donating mats and credits for their use.

Why can it be for every 10% of total guild that is active you gain 1% bonus to XP and rep? Show the little guilds love.

I'm with you my friend. Our small guild is much better and closer than many large guilds running around the server. It would be nice if small guilds could benefit from the perk as well.

Edited by Ultramecha

The fact that you've found crappy large guilds doesn't mean they're all like that =)

Besides, since I'm fairly sure by active they mean "played in the last x days", reaching 25 active players in a guild hardly qualifies as "large"

Finally, they encourage large guilds because it's a smart long term plan. Small guilds fracture and stop playing VERY easily: one or two players quitting means that the guild will stop working and more people will feel compelled to quit. A large guild on the other hand can survive single players quitting, which will maintain more people active in the game.

I can understand your request for a different type of Exp Boost system, but i'd like to politely say, no.

Its not hard to find a large guild to enjoy with, my guild is currently sitting at just over 400 members, Medium-Large i'd say, and no way are we anything like the guild you've mentioned.

While our guild is more PVE oriented than PVP, we still pvp, we run ops for all levels, from 50 ops to 55, Nightmares to Sms, we do pretty much everything.

No. This isnt a guild advertisement, i'm just saying, we aren't like the guilds you lot have described, we know each other just as well as smaller guilds would, and your little perceptions of Large Guilds is just wrong...

Not all of us are like that, i guess thats what im trying to tell you ;)

I can understand your request for a different type of Exp Boost system, but i'd like to politely say, no.

Its not hard to find a large guild to enjoy with, my guild is currently sitting at just over 400 members, Medium-Large i'd say, and no way are we anything like the guild you've mentioned.

While our guild is more PVE oriented than PVP, we still pvp, we run ops for all levels, from 50 ops to 55, Nightmares to Sms, we do pretty much everything.

No. This isnt a guild advertisement, i'm just saying, we aren't like the guilds you lot have described, we know each other just as well as smaller guilds would, and your little perceptions of Large Guilds is just wrong...

Not all of us are like that, i guess thats what im trying to tell you ;)

Why is it so bad to expect your guild to be active to get the bonus? Since they want me to enjoy a guild that I'm not going to be happy in just get the 10% rep bonus? I'm glad you found a guild you like but guess what so did I so why should I leave it or invite more people that may or may not bring drama?

My suggestion was just a suggestion. How about for every 10% or 5 players of guild that is active you gain 1%.

I am absolutely against anything that is directly tied to sheer numbers... like this thing is.

Guild quests to unlock features would without doubt be faster done by a guild of 100 than a guild of 10, but that would be okay.

But with this change, you automatically make it desireable for a player to switch from a guild of 15 to a guild of 30 and that is nowhere near good design.

Edited by JPryde

I am absolutely against anything that is directly tied to sheer numbers... like this thing is.

Guild quests to unlock features would without doubt be faster done by a guild of 100 than a guild of 10, but that would be okay.

But with this change, you automatically make it desireable for a player to switch from a guild of 15 to a guild of 30 and that is nowhere near good design.

A valid point. Time for guild achivements and unlocks :-)

The problem I see with this is it will make forming a new guild much harder as old, large guilds will have a recruiting advantage. It just feels wrong to put smaller and newer guilds at a disadvantage.

And the way I read it, the max for the people bonus is 10%, so 50 active players for the full bonus.

So you consider a guild of 25 active players large? Because the bonus caps at 5x5 active players.

I disagree with your contention that this favors large guilds.. because the math simply does not support your contention.

The bonus is clearly tuned to max before you are a "large" guild AND it is tuned to discourage players from rolling personal guilds just for the perks.

Edited by Andryah

So you consider a guild of 25 active players large? Because the bonus caps at 5x5 active players.

I disagree with your contention that this favors large guilds.. because the math simply does not support your contention.

The bonus is clearly tuned to max before you are a "large" guild AND it is tuned to discourage players from rolling personal guilds just for the perks.

25 is large to me considering it only takes 8 to run an ops. A unlock system would have been better.

The system also discuorages small and medium guilds (we do not know, what 25 active players means, but 25 active players would already be 9 player more than is needed for the largest OP and three times the size of a normal OP, 6 times the size of a FP)

My guild got a core of roughly 10 players +-2 with a peak of 20 and a low of 5 during day. That is a size, where I as guild leader can still know each player and while I do search for members to raise the activity level high enough that we can do 16-OPs on our own, I got no desire to constantly have 25+ players online...

So with that in mind, my guild will in the future be at a disadvantage over other guilds, whose only achievement is, to have more members.

In my opinion, a system like in Rift, where every guild could eventually gain the maximum perks (small guilds would take considerable longer) but no guild, regardless of its size was automatically prevented from gaining a perk.

Edited by JPryde

The biggest content in this game is 16m OP. 25 is greater the games biggest content. What about the 8m OP guilds or PvP guilds? What about the small group of friends that enjoy playing as 4m group? Why shouldn't these people be allowed the bonus? Why should they be forced to join a bigger guild. Enlighten us o'great Andryah.

What the problem with someone that wants to be in a private guild? As long as the player happy want difference does it make? Are you going to be unhappy because a player is enjoying the game in a private guild?

Yep this is what was talked about on Massively's 'The Daily Grind'. Being a large guild is already its own reward; giving them mechanical advantages as well is pretty questionable. It's definitely a middle finger to the smaller players, again. This particular boost isn't too bad (imo), but they've said they intend to flesh out the guild system even more, so hopefully we won't see small groups shafted as it goes on.

I honestly don't get why people should need incentives to join a guild. Being in that guild is it's own reward, this is only helping to force players who, for whatever reason, like to play solo/unguilded into a guild. It's only going to get worse if you make bigger guilds get more advantages. Another game did this, which led to the death of many small guilds.

Why shouldn't it be about choice? Like a big guild? Join one. Small guild? Join one. No guild? Don't join one. And yes, the "small" added exp boost for larger guilds will make a difference. Especially in an MMO where a big part of the playerbase is well known to want to maximize efficiency.

Why are they are placing small guilds over no guilds?

You're whining that you're not getting a bonus you choose not to get.

I honestly don't get why people should need incentives to join a guild. Being in that guild is it's own reward, this is only helping to force players who, for whatever reason, like to play solo/unguilded into a guild.

Hogwash. No one is "forced" to do anything.

Guild-free and loving it.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Insert whatever word you feel fits better, I don't care. You know exactly what I mean.

Insert whatever word you feel fits better, I don't care. You know exactly what I mean.

No, I don't know what you mean, because neither "forced" nor any synonym for "forced" describes the situation. "Encouraged" is a better word, and "encouraged" does not mean anything close to "forced."

Edited by branmakmuffin

Yes, you do know what I mean. As a non native english speaker, my english vocabulary is limited. If you read the rest of the post instead of the only tiny part commented on, it'd make it clear what I mean. No, they don't put a gun to players heads and force them to do, that's clear to anyone. You just felt like correcting.

Not whinning. I'm in a guild and the guild has active members. Just the number of members doesn't the amount their said amount. Sound like to me that unless you have 25 active members in your guild you guild is 2nd rate guild. There is difference in choosing not to be in a guild and choosing a guild. Guild is meant to be group of liked mind people that enjoy doing the same thing. Guild shouldn't be force to get new members just to get a reward.