Jedi shadow KEN =NO dps in pvp?

allexj

No. Seriously, without being harsh, just read the ability descriptions, and you'll see that Tanks can be quite formidable in pvp, and in fact are very useful, especially a Shadow Tank in hutball.

Just look at Mind Control's description, for example.

no. Seriously, without being harsh, just read the ability descriptions, and you'll see that tanks can be quite formidable in pvp, and in fact are very useful, especially a shadow tank in hutball.

Just look at mind control's description, for example.

i know about mind control thank im talking about the lack of threat then i must be stacking wrong i must need to use strength instead of willpower cuz i mean dam 49k damage is worthless....OR MABY ITS THE FACT THAT IM USEING POWER INSTEAD OF CRIT...OH AND ALSO I DONT DO DPS CUZ MY GUILD NEEDS A TANK I SHOULDN'T HAVE DO DIE ALL DAY LONG INORDER "FILL MY ROLL"

Edited by allexj

i know about mind control thank im talking about the lack of threat then i must be stacking wrong i must need to use strength instead of willpower cuz i mean dam 49k damage is worthless....

Uhm yes, Strength is the stat you want primarily, not willpower :p

Uhm yes, Strength is the stat you want primarily, not willpower :p

Don't listen to this guy, he's trolling you, either that or he's playing the most gimped Assassin ever...

49k damage is low even for a tank spec. However you will be far better off with an Infiltration spec if you want to chase damage.

However. tank specs can be godly in Huttball, guarding/taunting/pulling targets off ramps are all massively undervalued atm.

don't listen to this guy, he's trolling you, either that or he's playing the most gimped assassin ever...

49k damage is low even for a tank spec. However you will be far better off with an infiltration spec if you want to chase damage.

However. Tank specs can be godly in huttball, guarding/taunting/pulling targets off ramps are all massively undervalued atm.

thanks for your input i just did one more i did this time 103045 damage with 31 kills totals i wonder if they didnt know how to pvp

so that means that in this game as well in pvp tanks pose no threat in pvp at all grate

Not true they do damage and can win 1v1 fights. But kin is a tank spec so if you're looking for huge dmg numbers you're specced wrong

Tanks job is too protect people with your taunt and shield.

If you want crazy damage go infiltration like me :D

Not true they do damage and can win 1v1 fights. But kin is a tank spec so if you're looking for huge dmg numbers you're specced wrong

Tanks job is too protect people with your taunt and shield.

If you want crazy damage go infiltration like me :D

wait so the taunt works in pvp?

Best thing you can do in PvP to increase your damage, get your keybinds sorted out and learn how to strafe.

Willpower is the stat you want as a Consular, anyone saying strength is trolling (or they do not know how the stats in ToR work).

As a tank you have useful tools, as well as being able to (well should) put out reasonable damage. You are probably not going to top damage in Warfronts but 100k+ is easily achievable.

Use guard on a healer (or a huttball carrier) to redirect some damage to you, taunt means that players who don't attack you when you taunt them do less damage to other players.

Edited by ChrisRandall

Best thing you can do in PvP to increase your damage, get your keybinds sorted out and learn how to strafe.

Willpower is the stat you want as a Consular, anyone saying strength is trolling (or they do not know how the stats in ToR work).

As a tank you have useful tools, as well as being able to (well should) put out reasonable damage. You are probably not going to top damage in Warfronts but 100k+ is easily achievable.

Use guard on a healer (or a huttball carrier) to redirect some damage to you, taunt means that players who don't attack you when you taunt them do less damage to other players.

hmm ok il thank about the taunt thanks for the info

This.

Essentially, you're looking at the wrong column for your spec. What you should be doing is adding your Protection numbers in with your DPS, which gives you a more accurate idea of your output.

I run with a tank specced Juggernaut, and our 2 man team runs fantastically. He guards me, I heal us both, and we both slowly DPS the other team down. We're constantly scoring in Huttball and we have yet to lose a node in Alderaan (we 2 man guard the left or right node, and this usually has us win the match since the other six in the match just have to take one other node for 51% of the time). We win just about every 2v3 matchup and have yet to lose a 2v2 matchup.

Neither one of us puts out tremendous DPS numbers, although I usually top heal numbers in Huttball (not so much Alderaan since I'm spending most of my time node guarding).

Anyway, since you don't have a pocket healer, your best bet is to find a healer at the beginning of the match, and whisper to him "I'll keep you guarded, keep me healed". Unfortunately, tanks aren't much of a solo class, but then again neither are healers.

Your job is probably the hardest because it requires a bit more communication, but tank specs are definitely welcome in PvP matches, and are essential in Huttball.

This.

Essentially, you're looking at the wrong column for your spec. What you should be doing is adding your Protection numbers in with your DPS, which gives you a more accurate idea of your output.

I run with a tank specced Juggernaut, and our 2 man team runs fantastically. He guards me, I heal us both, and we both slowly DPS the other team down. We're constantly scoring in Huttball and we have yet to lose a node in Alderaan (we 2 man guard the left or right node, and this usually has us win the match since the other six in the match just have to take one other node for 51% of the time). We win just about every 2v3 matchup and have yet to lose a 2v2 matchup.

Neither one of us puts out tremendous DPS numbers, although I usually top heal numbers in Huttball (not so much Alderaan since I'm spending most of my time node guarding).

Anyway, since you don't have a pocket healer, your best bet is to find a healer at the beginning of the match, and whisper to him "I'll keep you guarded, keep me healed". Unfortunately, tanks aren't much of a solo class, but then again neither are healers.

Your job is probably the hardest because it requires a bit more communication, but tank specs are definitely welcome in PvP matches, and are essential in Huttball.

thanks for yr input il ceep that in mind

i know about mind control thank im talking about the lack of threat then i must be stacking wrong i must need to use strength instead of willpower cuz i mean dam 49k damage is worthless....OR MABY ITS THE FACT THAT IM USEING POWER INSTEAD OF CRIT...OH AND ALSO I DONT DO DPS CUZ MY GUILD NEEDS A TANK I SHOULDN'T HAVE DO DIE ALL DAY LONG INORDER "FILL MY ROLL"

25 darkness assassin tank here, all in the darkness tree. Darkness = Kinetic. I usually get 60-70k damage, 85k if I do nothing but focus on killing, which is useless if you're a tank. How many HP are you absorbing? Take a look at that. I usually prevent the same or more damage than I deal and end up first or second on the charts.

And if you're dying as a shadow tank you're just too low level. You get SO MANY ways to get away from a bad fight. You're a tank that can vanish and stealth.

Anyway, tanks debuff damage, debuff acc, and absorb damage for other classes. Don't expect to deal damage too. If you want to get in on the killing, find a sentinel and guard them, or a healer and guard them.

Edited by Gymnotiformes

I'm infiltration spec and I average around 100-120k damage per game, my highest was 180k. It's a great class, only time I wasn't able to win a 1v1 it was against someone 30 levels higher than me.

If your not max level you might wanna PvP with infiltration, Kinetic is harder to pvp with at low level, but from what I understand it is awesome at higher level.

Edited by KakiroX